Should there be a specific term for anti-Christian discrimination

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all, both followers and non-followers of Christ.

Firstly, I deeply appologise if this is not the section to discuss such a strong topic, and deeply appologise also for the strength of this topic.

However, as you're all more than aware, online forums and social media is the place to meet and discuss. Some, such as this forum, is beneficial, whilst others (no need to mention them), not so. And it is in the latter where there's Christian prejudice. No supprise there. But, when there's prejudice against Muslims, this is Islamaphobic. Or against Judaism, anti-Semetic.

Therefore, my question is, should a term be given for Christian prejudice? And, if so (if allowed), suggestions of this term.

May the Almighty Lord bless you all

Edited by Adam C

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

Adam, The 'Seeker's Lounge' is pretty much for 'seekers'. Since you have already professed faith in an earlier post this thread may be moved somewhere into the Inner Court.

Sorry, newbie error

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

How about Christophobic?

I presume that you agree that there should be a term. I only want to debate, as some may argue that the issue will be misused (though a true Christian will never misuse, but a false one may). Bringing more prejudice.

As for Christophobic, I'm afraid that I would be mock. "Hey, Christo!"

But worthy try.

Thank you.

Sorry, that was a typo, should have read;

"As for Christiophobic, I'm afraid that it would be mocked"

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/5/2018 at 9:35 AM, Adam C said:

Sorry, that was a typo, should have read;

"As for Christiophobic, I'm afraid that it would be mocked"

That may be. But God, the creator, has handled considerably worse.
How about something wild like 'anti-Christian'....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/4/2018 at 4:24 PM, Adam C said:

Hello all, both followers and non-followers of Christ.

Firstly, I deeply appologise if this is not the section to discuss such a strong topic, and deeply appologise also for the strength of this topic.

However, as you're all more than aware, online forums and social media is the place to meet and discuss. Some, such as this forum, is beneficial, whilst others (no need to mention them), not so. And it is in the latter where there's Christian prejudice. No supprise there. But, when there's prejudice against Muslims, this is Islamaphobic. Or against Judaism, anti-Semetic.

Therefore, my question is, should a term be given for Christian prejudice? And, if so (if allowed), suggestions of this term.

May the Almighty Lord bless you all

In English there are many antichrists as in  John :

Little children, it is the last time. And as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists, whereby we know that this is the last time.

In English there is also sons of the devil as in Acts :

....a certain magician, a Jewish false prophet named Bar-Jesus.  He was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, a man of intelligence, who summoned Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God.  But Elymas the magician (for that is the meaning of his name) opposed them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith.  But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him  and said, “You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?

But to what good purpose, and profit, do I want to have a word to separate people?

Do I wish to make a personal judgement? Do I want to disparage groups of individuals, clustering them as not being worthy of sharing the gospel of my Lord with in hope they might remember my testimony along with the testimonies of many saints in Christ of Christ Jesus when the Holy Spirit does call them to  repentance of their own personal sins against God?

My own salesman's training  makes me wary of winnowing out  a prospects list and then calling those I reject as good prospects by some disparagement out of my own judgement. I prefer to think of individuals as "not yet" or as "successful", and that the salesman that makes and closes the deal is the Holy Spirit. At best I only advertise and encourage, to the benefits of being saved onto life eternal with God through the only way to Him, which is by the shed blood of His son Jesus.

I will pray for those that do "not yet" know Him as Lord of their shame, and their savior, and if they at some point in their life hear the call of the Holy spirit and do repent I will think of them as  becoming "successful", but I don't know that finding a name that cloisters them  all together much helps that intent. I will instead leave that to God and His judgements.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

There doesn't need to be a word to protect Christians against those who oppose them. Those of us who believe in God and know His Word (the bible), understand that we will be singled out, verbally abused, persecuted, and in some countries, killed for our beliefs. Jesus makes this very plain in the bible, and we accept the hate that comes to us from modern culture. We deal with it on a daily basis from our relatives, friends, co-workers, and especially in online comments. No "word" for those who speak against us (and thus the Lord God) is necessary. We accept humiliation and persecution because our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered far worse than we can imagine; and He did so willingly in order to save us from our sins and allow us to have eternal life with Him. Anything that Christians may suffer from in this world is nothing compared to what our Lord went through. We believe that our reward after death is worth far more than anything that happens to us here.

So thanks, but no thanks.

Edited by Melissa7
  • Thumbs Up 1