• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 05/04/2018 at 8:38 AM, Blue Lulu said:

So I’m cooking dinner, winging it.  My husband said “when is dinner going to be done?”  I said “I don’t know.”  (I was roasting carrots and I really did not know how long it would take). He said “you don’t know how long it’s going to take”. Like I’m stupid or something.  I get the same thing at work.  My boss says “Well that’s got to go in the sale suits” (I’m a seamstress and she meant that it was not well made)  Then no more then 5 seconds later she holds it up and says “Oh no, that looks pretty good”  All of this sarcasm is giving me anxiety and I have started to make mistakes at work.  When I told my husband how I felt he said he never said that.  But it just happened, I can let it go as a misunderstanding but he has said that exact thing to me in the past.  I was confident at work until she made that remark.  How can I battle sarcasm and not be rude or jaded in return?

Hi BlueLulu,

As the saying goes, "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" - it's  hurtful, and when directed at oneself, can make you believe what has been said. 

As for your husband, I'm not defending him, but in future, just give a general time frame eg: 15-30 minutes when he asks the question when food will be done. I have had that same question many times over, and something is better than nothing (time wise) - think if yourself at a restaurant.

As for co-workers sarcasm, it shouldn't be happening as it is bullying within the work place - it is a reportable offence. But if you don't want to go that far, maybe its not that extreme or frequent - back yourself: know that you are God's child, you are answerable to Him, hold that sharp reply, continue turning out good work, pray for that person or persons and turn away wrath with a soft answer to the offender. X

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:
On 4/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, Blue Lulu said:

I recently went through a lot of anxiety over stuff like this and one day God said I want to deliver you of that spirit of offense.....hmmmm....I shared this with a coworker and she shared her testimony about how she would be hurt and offended by others all the time until God took that away from her....she prayed with me and I haven't suffered anxiety anymore nor suffered hurt by others remarks insensitive remarks towards me....seeing things in a whole new perspective these days and I have great joy and peace over it.

Thank you and if you could pray for me that would be most appreciated.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Hi BlueLulu,

As the saying goes, "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" - it's  hurtful, and when directed at oneself, can make you believe what has been said. 

As for your husband, I'm not defending him, but in future, just give a general time frame eg: 15-30 minutes when he asks the question when food will be done. I have had that same question many times over, and something is better than nothing (time wise) - think if yourself at a restaurant.

As for co-workers sarcasm, it shouldn't be happening as it is bullying within the work place - it is a reportable offence. But if you don't want to go that far, maybe its not that extreme or frequent - back yourself: know that you are God's child, you are answerable to Him, hold that sharp reply, continue turning out good work, pray for that person or persons and turn away wrath with a soft answer to the offender. X

Thank you,  The person at work is my boss so there is no where to go regarding the remarks.  But you are right I am God’s child and only answerable to him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Blue Lulu said:

Thank you and if you could pray for me that would be most appreciated.

Absolutely!

Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with my sister in Christ that you will heal her and deliver her from that spirit of offense, help her to put a guard around her heart and when the enemy uses the words of others to shoot arrows into it they will not penetrate it. I pray the fruits of the Holy Spirit will fill her so that she walk in them.....as it is written in your Word....and that in walking in these fruits they will defy any attempt of the words of others to bring hurt, shame or anxiety in her. I pray that the Holy Spirit will bring awareness to her husband and convict him if he is spitefully using speech against her. I pray that you give her peace...your peace....the peace of God that surpasses all understanding....and that she will walk in that peace daily......I pray that the joy of the Lord will permeate every area of her life....I pray for the mind of Christ to be in her and that she will recognize any thoughts that are not of you but is the work of the enemy trying to deceive her. 

In all these things I pray and ask in the name of Jesus....Amen!

Galatians 5:22-26King James Version (KJV) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

• Loved it! 2