tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Mark. 3:31-35; shows Jesus warning not to put His mother in a position above what sand who he is....His earthly mother.

Mark 3:31, There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
    32, And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
    33, And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
    34, And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
    35, For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/5/2018 at 1:25 AM, wingnut- said:

Jerusalem, the anti-christ's seat of power.

For once at least, Wingnut, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, wingnut- said:

The difference here in thinking is, nowhere in scripture does it state anything about Rome or a Christian denomination becoming a spiritual whore in His eyes.

1 Peter 5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, salutes you; and so does Marcus my son.

Rev. 17:18 “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

There was no doubt what city Peter was referring to, because it was well known among the Church of his time that Babylon was code for Rome. (The Babylon of old was an uninhabited ruin by that date.) Calling Rome "Babylon" was a reference to it's spiritual whoredom, which in his time had not yet overcome the Church.

Likewise, "that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth," in John's day, was Rome. The pagan high priest of pre-Christian Rome anciently was called Pontifex Maximus, a title later assumed by popes after they whored the Roman Church to the Roman Empire. Before the end of that 4th century A.D.'s whoredom-ship, the Roman Church condemned a heretical bishop to death, which was carried out by the state. So the city Rome and the State Rome (beginning with Nero), and the Church Rome all became guilty of being of being "drunken with the blood of the saints."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

46 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

1 Peter 5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, salutes you; and so does Marcus my son.

Rev. 17:18 “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

There was no doubt what city Peter was referring to, because it was well known among the Church of his time that Babylon was code for Rome.

You are reaching here, because if that were true, we would not have a book in the bible called Romans, it would be called Babylonians.  There is no code in the bible for Rome being Babylon, if so, produce it.

48 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Likewise, "that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth," in John's day, was Rome.

Revelation isn't about John's day, it is about the future, and the time of the anti-christ, and he will be ruling from Jerusalem according to scripture.

49 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

and the Church Rome all became guilty of being of being "drunken with the blood of the saints."

Not according to Jesus.

Matthew 23:34 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, 35 so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.

God bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

There was no doubt what city Peter was referring to, because it was well known among the Church of his time that Babylon was code for Rome. (The Babylon of old was an uninhabited ruin by that date.) Calling Rome "Babylon" was a reference to it's spiritual whoredom, which in his time had not yet overcome the Church.

Wow. I was just skimming along and I came to this. VERY interesting. I've probably read past 1 Peter 5:13 several times without actually noticing his use of the term Babylon here, but now that I'm taking a look it carries some weight. :thumbsup: Tradition connects the apostle Peter with Rome in the latter part of his life, and early Christian writers also state 1 Peter was written from there.

The primary argument against this position is that Revelations was written much later than 1st Peter, so to make that connection would be invalid. But I no longer regard the Book of Revelation to have been written in 90 A.D. There's too much internal evidence to suggest it was written in the early 60s A.D. This all the more confirms it.

Thanks for posting this. I have no great interest in getting into the debate over the Catholic Church, but thought I should at least give you a public thank you for this post.   

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,065
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/4/2018 at 7:15 PM, tigger398 said:

What is mystery babylon I can never understand it.

There is no Mystery Babylon, the angel stated in vs. 7 he was going to show us this "Mystery" then proceeded to tell us us the Mystery (Musterion or Secret by Gods silence). The actual vision is only four verses (3-6), the explanation is from verses 8-18.

Basically we are told the Harlot rides the Beast, so we understand this to be two-entities. They are intertwined and have been for eons. The Harlot is given four descriptors, MYSTERY (COMMA), Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, Abominations of the earth. So the Harlot is a Mystery, will not be by the end of the chapter, shes assoc. with Babylon, she is the original Harlot and shes an abomination unto God. She wears the Color of most all the  religious sects of old which was Scarlet, she is ALL FALSE RELIGION of all time. She has been co-mingled with False Governance under Satan the king of this world until Jesus takes the deed away. 

The Harlot is destroyed by the kings, thus when the Anti-Christ comes to power he now needs a False Prophet. He has no place for any religion in his plans, he will destroy Islam, Buddhism etc. all religions. Thus the Harlot is Judged in Rev. 17:16, she is no more.

Babylon is all False Governments per Gods POV. Its Satan's dark kingdom on this earth, its the whole world. The Kings of Rev. 18 cry and lament her demise, whereas they joyed in the Harlot being killed. 

The Harlot (False Religion) rides the Beast (Satan's Dark Kingdom on earth). 

The Harlot, well its not the RCC, Islam in and of itself nor any single religion. Babylon  is not NYC, Rome, Jerusalem, America etc. etc., its not even one city, its the whole world. 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Revelation man has a good handle upon "Mystery Babylon the Great"

This is what is .... the entire earth in opposition to the Lord

But this is going to change .... He will destroy it and bring in His millennial kingdom upon the earth

1 hour ago, Da Puppers said:

Does it make sense to you when the angel says this: 

*[[Rev 17:16]] KJV* And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make HER [false religion]  desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

You do understand when the 10 kings are at their prominence,  according to Daniel 7?  It takes place "time, times,  and the dividing of time" before the end.   When the 10 horns give their kingdom to the 4th beast,  

*[[Dan 7:25]] KJV* And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Does it make sense to you to say that false religion will be destroyed at that time? 

Da Puppers 

Well naturally THE False Religion of the Beast will not be destroyed by the Beast and his 10 Kings, that's going to be destroyed when Babylon is Destroyed and judged. The very next verse 17:17 says God placed it in their hearts to do His will. Thus God wants all False Religion of all time Judged. 

So this Beast by creating a new Beast Worship will destroy every old False Religion of all time, be it Astrology, Witchcraft of any kind, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and crazy Christian religions, etc. ALL FALSE RELIGIONS will be destroyed. 

The Time, times and a dividing of times or 1260 days is expressly explained (well not really, but I figured it out) in Daniel ch. 12.

The 1260 is the SCATTERING of the holy peoples, just like Daniel 7:25 is referring to. The 1290 in Daniel 12 is the Abomination of Desolation (AoD) AND The 1335 says Blessed is he who comes to the 1335, but what is the 1335? 

The KEY is the 1290 being the AoD, most everyone thinks this goes into he 1000 year reign, or other odd thoughts, I never saw a rational thought process that made any sense, then EUREKA the Holy Spirit gave it to me not long ago.

The 1290 has to be before the 1260, how can the holy people be SCATTERED and still flee when they see the AoD ? Short answer is they can't, thus the 1290 (AoD) comes before the 1260 power of the holy people is scattered (Israel Flees Judea). So that means the 1335 has to come before both of them.

Now I am thinking, what can it be that BLESSES Israel? The Two-witnesses SHOW UP just like Malachi 4:5-6 says, Elijah is sent back BEFORE the great and Dreadful Day of the Lord (Midway point, 3.5 years of Gods Wrath or the 1260). 

It also fits that the Two-Witnesses show up 75 days before the 1260 which is when the Beast comes to power, therefore they must also die 75 days before he dies, and thus they die at the end of the 2nd Woe and he dies at the end of the 7th Vial (3rd Woe). 

Daniel 12 explains, when the power of the holy people are SCATTERED, there will be a time, times and half [time] or 1260 DAYS and then all of these wonders will end or JESUS RETURNS (Second Coming). 

So each number is an EVENT with a SET NUMBER OF DAYS until the Second Coming !! 

1335 The Two-witnesses show up to turn Israel back unto God. (Blessed is he who comes to the 1335---Israel Repents, that is a BLESSING)

1290 The False Prophet sets up the Abomination of Desolation. (Israel has 30 days to flee to Petra)

1260 The Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem and becomes the Beast for 42 Months. (Why would the Beast let anyone FLEE JUDEA after this point?  He wouldn't, the 1290 Is the Abomination of Desolation.)

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. (until Jesus Returns)

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Edited by Revelation Man

26 minutes ago, Da Puppers said:

I am not sure that i am following you when you said this

Revelation Man:

The 1290 has to be before the 1260, how can the holy people be SCATTERED and still flee when they see the AoD ? Short answer is they can't, thus the 1290 (AoD) comes before the 1260 power of the holy people is scattered (Israel Flees Judea). So that means the 1335 has to come before both of them.

Thumbs Up
 When you say "before", it is not clear what you are saying.   I understand the 1290 days to cover the following period: 
Day 1 is the resumption of sacrifices on temple mount,  AND 
Day 1290 is when the sacrifices cease,  as a result of the setting up of the AoD.
Followed by the 1260 days? 
Is that similar to what you are saying? 

Da Puppers 
  •  
  •  
  •  

Everything is REVERSED from what you might think it would be and the KEY is understanding two things. 

Firstly, when Daniel is first told by the man in linen (Jesus?) in verse 6 & 7 that all of these wonders will come to and end within 1260 days of the time the holy peoples POWER was SCATTERED. (Meaning the Anti-Christ conquers Jerusalem in the Middle of the Week or at the 1260 so there is 1260 days left also). 

Secondly, as to your question. The 1335 would have to be before the 1260 if the 1290 is before the 1260, I think we agree the numbers can't flow in two different directions. Thus the KEY is understanding the 1290 is BEFORE the 1260, BUT IS IT? Yes.

The point remains, if Israel is to Flee when they see the Abomination of Desolation how can they do that if the Abomination of Desolation happens 30 days after they are Conquered? Once this Beast that hates and detests Jews Conquers Jerusalem/Israel, he would never allow them to escape for 30 days. Once they SCATTER at the 1260, how could they HEED Jesus' words to FLEE at the 1290?  You see my point? Jesus would have instead told them to Flee when they see the Beast Conquering Jerusalem, he wouldn't have said wait for 30 days (UNTIL THE 1290) then flee. 

So the Abomination of Desolation has to come before the Children of Israel Flee Judea at the 1260, thus the 1290 must needs come before the 1260. Thus the 1335 must also come before the 1260. 

Each number is AN EVENT. And its the number of days from stated EVENT until the Second Coming ends all of these THINGS (WONDERS.).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

"The 1290 has to be before the 1260, how can the holy people be SCATTERED and still flee when they see the AoD ? Short answer is they can't, thus the 1290 (AoD) comes before the 1260 power of the holy people is scattered (Israel Flees Judea). So that means the 1335 has to come before both of them"

You are right about Mystery Babylon the Great .... but your off course understanding in this case is ridiculous

1260 + 1260 + 30 + 45

The first half, the second half, 30 days for Armageddon, ad 45 days to separate those who survive the tribulation period as mortals

Just that simple

Your are off on a tangent with regard to your ideas on this time frame