Sign in to follow this  
n2thelight

Christ as Israel

Writing this to show that Israel has always been the Church

If Christ is Israel,how can the Church not be?

Exodus 4:22 "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, `Thus saith the Lord, `Israel is My son, even My firstborn:"

Israel is the firstborn, and what this is referring to is that Christ is the firstborn that will come through the womb of the lineage of Israel.

Exodus 4:23 "And I say unto thee, `Let My son go, that he may serve Me:' and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.' "

Hosea 11:1 "When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."

Matthew 2:14 "When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night, and departed into Egypt:"

Matthew 2:15 "And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt have I called my Son." "

Can't be any clearer

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Writing this to show that Israel has always been the Church

If Christ is Israel,how can the Church not be?

Christ is NOT the Church and the Bible says no such thing, despite your sloppy approach to the Bible.

Exodus 4:22 "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, `Thus saith the Lord, `Israel is My son, even My firstborn:"

Israel is the firstborn, and what this is referring to is that Christ is the firstborn that will come through the womb of the lineage of Israel.

Exodus 4:23 "And I say unto thee, `Let My son go, that he may serve Me:' and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.' "

Hosea 11:1 "When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."

Matthew 2:14 "When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night, and departed into Egypt:"

Matthew 2:15 "And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt have I called my Son." "

Israel is Jacob, not Jesus.   Israel/Jacob had the birthright of the firstborn.   That says nothing about Jesus.   Jesus is referred to prophetically, there is a prophetic aspect to Jesus being typified by Israel in Egypt.   But that does not mean that Jesus is Israel, or that the church is Israel.  

Edited by shiloh357

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Christ is NOT the Church and the Bible says no such thing, despite your sloppy approach to the Bible.

Israel is Jacob, not Jesus.   Israel/Jacob had the birthright of the firstborn.   That says nothing about Jesus.   Jesus is referred to prophetically, there is a prophetic aspect to Jesus being typified by Israel in Egypt.   But that does not mean that Jesus is Israel, or that the church is Israel.  

Okay.

Edited by n2thelight

Sign in to follow this