• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,806
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, enoob57.

(Could that be a "backward Boone?")

Aren't you suggesting continuity of life for which you have no guarantee? In 2 Cor. 5:8, one might ASSUME that these two statements are ONE event, but the passage DOESN'T SAY THEY ARE ONE.  A time "to be absent from the body" assures that there shall be a time "to be present with the Lord," but IT DOESN'T SAY that it is AT THE SAME TIME or even in close proximity to each other!

1 John 3:2 actually SAYS that we shall become like Him "when HE shall appear!" That's at His Coming when the Resurrection occurs!

YES to the first question. To the second I do not believe a space much to the exampled reality of the thief on the cross... also Christ leading them out as well to eternal presence Eph 4:8. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

-

Honestly, when i see a Thread-post where someone has cut and pasted from someone else's study guide, about  half a billion words, instead of using your actual ability to convey your understanding of the scriptures and write in (first person),  = i just dont read it.

Sorry.

So, i'll just take the "assurance of Heaven" question... and kinda simplify it for people like me who need things to be simple and clear.

Now, Ask yourself how you can know if you are going to heaven.

Well, what's the criteria that insures that you absolutely  will and can know it with assurance??

1.) are you born again. ??

2.) are you "in Christ"?

3.) is Christ "the Resurrection".......and is HE  > "Eternal life" and is He INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW??????

4. ) Is "Christ in you" your "hope of Glory"?............"Glory" by the way,  is HEAVEN in case no one has ever taught you this before.

5.) Are you "SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES" "IN CHRIST"....Right now?

So, if all of that is you, then i have GOOD NEWS for you, Saint.

You are ALREADY IN HEAVEN, and you are just waiting for your body to be given its overhaul in the "twinkling of an Eye".

<B><

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Chris.

You're a bit mixed up. The New Earth, the New Sky, and the New Jerusalem all occur AFTER the Millennium (and AFTER the Great White Throne Judgment, as well). And, it's in the Millennium that the 'Overcomers' will reign with Christ for 1,000 years. ("Mille" is Latin for 1,000 and "annium" is Latin for "of-years.")

Hello @Retrobyter,

Thank you for correcting me. You are of course correct. I do get mixed up concerning this period.

Also, let's talk about terms: You DO realize that "Christ" is the SAME as "Messiah," don't you? The word "Christ" comes from the Greek "Christos" and the word "Messiah" comes from the Hebrew "Maashiyach," and BOTH words mean the "Anointed One!" Indeed, if you look up quotes from the OT in the NT, and in the Septuagint, you will find that "Christos" was used to TRANSLATE "Maashiyach." And, the verbs are the same also: "chrioo" in Greek is the same as "mashach" in Hebrew, both meaning "to anoint!"

* Yes, I do know that 'Christ' is the same as 'Messiah'.

This makes for some interesting thoughts: We are "the Body of the MESSIAH." Which "Messiah?" He's the SAME "Messiah" for which the Jews were looking (and still are looking) to come! See, there are TWO bodies of prophecies about the Ultimate "Messiah": "The Messiah son of Yosef (Joseph)" (named after Joseph who was sold into Egypt) who was to be the "Suffering and Dying Messiah," and "the Messiah Son of David" who was to be the "Victorious and Reigning Messiah." The Rabbis and Elders of Y'hudah (Judah) KNEW this to be true, even in Yeshua`s (Jesus') day! They did not know, though, that the two bodies of prophecy were about the SAME PERSON! We Christians know that today because "hindsight is 20-20," and the "Suffering and Dying Messiah" came FIRST, while the Jews were expecting the "Victorious and Reigning Messiah!" That's why they MISSED accepting Him, as they should have done. Yeshua` will return as the "Victorious and Reigning Messiah," and this is the SAME Messiah for which the Jews will be looking, as well. So, this time, we'll all be on the same page! But, this explains why the Jews will "look upon me whom they pierced" and will "mourn for Him as one mourneth for a firstborn son or an only son." 

* Thank you for explaining this.  I have heard of this, but have not had it explained so clearly before.

It's not the "Judgment Seat of Christ"; it's the "Judgment Seat of the MESSIAH!" Did you know that one of the jobs of a king of Israel is being a JUDGE? His Judgment Seat (Greek word "beema," pronounced "BAY-ma") is not in "heaven for 7 years"; it will be THROUGHOUT His 1,000-year reign (and beyond)!

* No I did not know that the role 'King of Israel' includes the role of Judge, although I know that it is Christ(Messiah) that will Judge, and that it will take place during the Millennial reign and beyond.

Let's make the substitution in your quote of Colossians 3:1-4:

If ye then be risen with the Messiah, 
seek those things which are above, 
where the Messiah sitteth on the right hand [side] of God.
(i.e., the New Jerusalem where it is currently being built)
Set your affection on things above, (things in the New Jerusalem)
not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, 
and your life is hid with the Messiah in God.
When the Messiah, Who is our life, shall appear,
(at the Resurrection)
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.’ (in brightness, not in 'heaven!')

And, that Resurrection is at the BEGINNING of the Millennium, not at the end!

*  Can you please tell me, where are we told in Scripture that God's throne is in 'the New Jerusalem' above, where it is currently being built?

* Or that we must set our affection on things that are in the new Jerusalem?

* It is my belief that Christ (Who is our life) will appear in glory (or in brightness) where He is now, at God's right hand, prior to the resurrection.  For this is the Hope of the Church which is His Body, 'the fullness of Him that filleth all in all' (Eph. 1:22,23)

* I agree that this will take place prior to the millennium.

Another term which needs to be considered is this poor, little word "heaven." First, let's look at the dictionary:

* Ephesians 4:10, tells us that the Lord ascended, 'far above all heavens', doesn't it?

* (Psa 103:19)  The LORD hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom ruleth over all.

* I have copied your notes regarding 'heaven', including your conclusion, to consider off-line, before I make comment on it.  

Thank you for the time and trouble you took to reply to me, and with such thoroughness.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

On 05/04/2018 at 10:08 AM, shiloh357 said:

Assurance of Heaven

I.                    Assurance of Heaven is Based on the Authority of Scripture

A.    False Teaching about Heaven is Rooted in a Rejection of the Authority of Scripture

1.      Beware of People Who Feel the Need to re-interpret the Bible for You.

Assurance of salvation is assurance of Heaven because Heaven is promised to those who are saved.   So while those verses don't mention Heaven, they promise salvation and by extension, promise Heaven ( is now reinterpretation)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 5/2/2018 at 9:57 AM, Christine said:

Hello @Retrobyter,

Thank you for correcting me. You are of course correct. I do get mixed up concerning this period.

* Yes, I do know that 'Christ' is the same as 'Messiah'.

* Thank you for explaining this.  I have heard of this, but have not had it explained so clearly before.

You're quite welcome. These two sets of prophecies can also explain what John the Baptist was asking Yeshua` when he asked, "Are you the One who shall come or do we look for another?" He wasn't having a "lapse of faith" at all; he was just asking if Yeshua` was the first of two Messiahs or if He would be fulfilling BOTH sets of prophecies. Yeshua` responded by healing the diseased and infirmed present

* No I did not know that the role 'King of Israel' includes the role of Judge, although I know that it is Christ(Messiah) that will Judge, and that it will take place during the Millennial reign and beyond.

*  Can you please tell me, where are we told in Scripture that God's throne is in 'the New Jerusalem' above, where it is currently being built?

Sure. Simply look up ...

Revelation 21:10-22:5

21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was ofjasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Now, unless God the Father and the Lamb are in a habit of moving their throne from time to time, that's where they are NOW!

* Or that we must set our affection on things that are in the new Jerusalem?

If our homes are in the New Jerusalem, then why shouldn't our affections be there? Furthermore, if our LORD is in the New Jerusalem, then isn't HE our Greatest Affection?!

* It is my belief that Christ (Who is our life) will appear in glory (or in brightness) where He is now, at God's right hand, prior to the resurrection.  For this is the Hope of the Church which is His Body, 'the fullness of Him that filleth all in all' (Eph. 1:22,23)

As I've just shown, the throne of God and of the Lamb are IN the New Jerusalem; So, Yeshua` the Messiah (Who is our life) is CURRENTLY at the Father's right hand side on the throne (and the "throne" is actually talking about the "dais" of God), then when He comes in brightness AT THE RESURRECTION, THAT is the Blessed Hope!

Titus 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation (rescue) hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

* I agree that this will take place prior to the millennium.

* Ephesians 4:10, tells us that the Lord ascended, 'far above all heavens', doesn't it?

Ephesians 4:10

10 Ho katabas autos estin kai ho anabas huperanoo pantoon toon ouranoon hina pleeroosee ta panta.

10 The Descender Himself is also the Ascender far-above all the skies so-that He-might-complete the all-things.

Remember: Paul HAD a special word that He used for the sun, moon, and stars: "epouranios" which combines "epi" (meaning "above" or "upon") with "ouranios" (meaning "of or belonging to the sky"). Together, they mean "of or belonging to above the sky." "Ouranos," on the other hand, just means the "sky." It's plural is "ouranoi," and the genitive form of the plural is "ouranoon" (where "oo" represents an omega, as opposed to an "o" representing an omicron). The genitive form is translated as "of skies" or "from skies" (if the "genitive" is actually an ablative case, which has the same spelling). With the definite article, "toon," in the same case, we may add the word "the" to make "of-the skies" or "from-the skies." With the addition of the word "pantoon," also in the same case, we now have "of-all the skies" or "from-all the skies." So, He is "the Ascender far-above from-all the skies."

This is NOT talking about the old "d. First heaven, of clouds; second heaven, of stars; third, God's abode" nonsense, as written in the center margin of The Scofield Reference Bible on the bottom of page 1238 as an explanation of "third heaven" used in 2 Corinthians 12:2. It's talking about "ALL the skies," like ALL the skies above all the lands in the world!

* (Psa 103:19)  The LORD hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom ruleth over all.

Switching gears to Hebrew, Psalm 103:19 reads like this:

Psalm 103:19

19 YHWH bashaamayim heekhiyn kic’ow uwmalkhuwtow bakol maashaalaah.

19 YHWH = YHWH (Yahuwh or “the LORD”)
bashaamayim = in-the-skies (dual number)
heekhiyn = has-prepared
kic’ow = His-throne
uwmalkhuwtow = and-His-Kingdom
bakol = in-all
maashaalaah. = of-that-which-is-ruled. (abstract feminine)

* I have copied your notes regarding 'heaven', including your conclusion, to consider off-line, before I make comment on it.  

Thank you for the time and trouble you took to reply to me, and with such thoroughness.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

You're welcome. Hopefully, this will do you some good, too.

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix an "automatic correction."

On 5/10/2018 at 6:55 AM, inchrist said:

Assurance of salvation is assurance of Heaven because Heaven is promised to those who are saved.   So while those verses don't mention Heaven, they promise salvation and by extension, promise Heaven ( is now reinterpretation)

Shabbat shalom, inchrist.

You're going around in circles, my brother. One can have God's justification ("salvation") without the fantasy of "going to heaven when one dies."

Let me ask you this: Why is it so hard to believe that you will SLEEP in death until the WAKE-UP CALL of the Resurrection? And, that's NOT "soul-sleep," by the way! You ARE your body, and while you are breathing, you ARE a "soul!" When you cease breathing, you cease being a "soul" - an "air-breathing person." You are also not your "breath" - your "ruwach" - your "pneuma" - your "spirit!" When you give up your last "breath," the "breath" dissipates into the atmosphere and is gone. It has "gone back to God who gave it."

Remember what Iyov (Job) said?

Job 19:23-27 (KJV)

23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Remember what David said?

Psalm 139:1-18 (KJV)

1 {To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.}

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest (microscopic) parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

And, THAT'S the key! Our very existence is SAFE in the infinite, omniscient, knowledge of God! We shall go to sleep, and the next thing we know we'll be waking up in the Resurrection. Resurrection is, after all, an act of CREATION! And, since all our members were written in God's book, God shall rebuild us from scratch, if necessary, to re-create us they way He perfectly remembers us!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, inchrist.

You're going around in circles, my brother. One can have God's justification ("salvation") without the fantasy of "going to heaven when one dies."

100 % in scriptural agreement with you.

The dangers of what's posted in the OP; no longer is the Resurrection the blessed hope but the the doctrine of immortal souls...

4.      Beware of Anyone Who Tries to Diminish Your Hope of Heaven or tries to Diminish the Horror of Hell.

It now robs scripture of the Resurrection 

1.      Jesus

(a)   John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is a Resurrection verse 

(b)   John 5:24 -Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 

(c)   John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out

This is a Resurrection  verse

(d)   John 10: 27-29 -My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 

2.      Paul Taught the Assurance of Salvation/Heaven

(a)   Rom. 8:16 - The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God

(b)   Rom. 8: 38-39 -For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(c)   Hebrews 10: 21-23 - And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;).

The assurance of Paul is the Resurrection 

2.      They also use I Thess. 4: 13 to support that doctrine. “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”  

This is a Resurrection verse, the Christian doctrine lies in the HOPE of our Resurrection, no one else has this HOPE but those who believe in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

'Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, 
he sent two of his disciples, and said unto Him, 
“Art thou He that should come, or do we look for another?”
Jesus answered and said unto them, 
“Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
The blind receive their sight, 
.. and the lame walk, 
.... the lepers are cleansed, 
...... and the deaf hear, 
........ the dead are raised up, 
.......... and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
............ And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.’

(Mat 11:2-6)  

* These miraculous healings bore witness to the person of Christ: being the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy such as Isaiah 34:5,6;   they also echo the words read by the Lord from, Isaiah 61:1-2a, in the Synagogue at Nazareth in Luke 4:17:21.

Praise God!

* Thank you for your input, @Retrobyter, it is appreciated.

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/2/2018 at 8:29 AM, Behold said:

-

Honestly, when i see a Thread-post where someone has cut and pasted from someone else's study guide, about  half a billion words, instead of using your actual ability to convey your understanding of the scriptures and write in (first person),  = i just dont read it.

Sorry.

Shalom, "Behold."

Don't be silly. If you don't want to read all that, fine! Just skip ahead! Read the portions that AREN'T a quote from someone or something else. That's all. No need to miss the rest just because you're feeling a little overwhelmed.

So, i'll just take the "assurance of Heaven" question... and kinda simplify it for people like me who need things to be simple and clear.

Now, Ask yourself how you can know if you are going to heaven.

How can you know that ANYONE "goes to Heaven?" We will go THROUGH THE HEAVENS; that is, we will go THROUGH THE SKIES on our way to where the Messiah will be, and He's returning to rescue His people, Israel!

Remember what Peter said on the day of Pentecost?

Acts 2:25-35 (KJV)

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ [the Messiah] to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ [the Messiah], that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens (Greek: eis tous ouranous = "into the skies"): but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord [Master] and Christ [Messiah].

Remember what Yochannan (John) said?

1 John 4:12 (KJV)

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Remember what Yeshua` (Jesus) Himself said (and Yochannan recorded)?

John 3:9-15 (KJV)

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things (Greek: ta epourania = the-things 0f-above-the-sky)? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven (Greek: eis ton ouranon = "into the sky"), but he that came down from heaven (Greek: ek tou ouranou = "out of-the sky"), even the Son of man which is in heaven (Greek: en too ouranoo = "in the sky"). 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

(...and, one might well ask, "Just how is the Son of man [Yeshua` or 'Jesus'] currently [at that moment with Nicodemus] IN heaven?" Well, if it's indeed talking about the "sky," aren't we standing in the "sky" as we stand upon the earth? That's how we BREATHE AIR, the very air that makes up the atmosphere or "sky" we see above us!)

What could be simpler or clearer than the LITERAL INTERPRETATION of a passage?!

Well, what's the criteria that insures that you absolutely  will and can know it with assurance??

1.) are you born again. ??

Yes, I'm born again, but that's NOT a criterion for "going to heaven"; that a criterion for "being justified by God!"

2.) are you "in Christ"?

Yes, I'm "in the Messiah of God." And, again, this is a criterion for "being justified by God," not "going to heaven!"

3.) is Christ "the Resurrection".......and is HE  > "Eternal life" and is He INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW??????

Yes, the Messiah IS "the Resurrection and the Life." As such, He is INDEED the source of "Eternal life," but, NO, He is NOT "inside me right now." I have His SPIRIT within me, but that's not the same thing! Instead, we are awaiting His RETURN, which is His REVEALING and OUR Resurrection!

4. ) Is "Christ in you" your "hope of Glory"?............"Glory" by the way,  is HEAVEN in case no one has ever taught you this before.

Colossians 1:21-29 (KJV)

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel (good news), which ye have heard, and which was preached (the-one having been heralded) to every creature (in all creation) which is under heaven (the sky); whereof I Paul am made a minister (a servant; a "deacon"; a waiter);

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ (the Messiah) in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church (gathering): 25 Whereof I am made a minister ( a servant; a "deacon"; a waiter), according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery (secret) which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints (holy ones; ones singled out): 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory (brightness; honor; renown; fame) of this mystery (secret) among the Gentiles; which is Christ (the Messiah) in you, the hope of glory (Greek: hee elpis tees doxees = "the confidence of-the honor/renown/fame/brightness [that we shall experience]") : 28 Whom we preach (announce exactly, decisively), warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus (complete/mature in the Messiah Yeshua`): 29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

It's not a confidence in a "PLACE called 'glory'," it's a confidence in HIS ARRIVAL AND THE HONOR, THE RENOWN, AND THE FAME THAT WE SHALL CONSEQUENTLY RECEIVE BY KNOWING HIM AND BEING KNOWN BY HIM! OH, and by the way, becoming new bodies that are like unto His own body, we may also have confidence that we shall SHINE like Him! THAT'S what "glory" is!

The Greek word means "dignity, glory, honor, praise, worship."

1391 doxa (dox'-ah). From the base of dokeoo; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective) -- dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.

A wife of one of the song leaders I've known, herself an accomplished musician, said that "glory" should be pronounced "GLOW-ry."

5.) Are you "SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES" "IN CHRIST"....Right now?

No, and neither are you! Are you really "above the sky?" Perhaps if you're an astronaut,.... Again, this is a confidence that we SHALL be seated in those places when those places shall arrive. First, we are told about the seating of the Messiah Himself after His Ascension:

Ephesians 1:15-23 (KJV)

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory (brightness), may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ (in the Messiah), when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places (Greek: en tois epouraniois = "in the [places] above-the-skies," i.e., the New Jerusalem ), 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

And, this is indeed LITERALLYHE is seated on the right hand side of the throne that is in the New Jerusalem, which IS "far above all principality, power, might, dominion, and every authority that is authorized," LITERALLY!

Next, we are told to ANTICIPATE the Second Coming and the associated Resurrection we will experience.

Ephesians 2:1-10 (KJV)

1 And you hath he quickened (brought back to life), who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation (lifestyle) in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us (brought us back to life) together with Christ (with the Messiah), (by grace ye are saved;) 
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places (Greek: en tois epouraniois = in the [places]-above-the-skies) in Christ Jesus: 
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Although it's a "done deal," that is, it's already assured that we shall witness the descent of the New Jerusalem, just as John did, we won't experience "the exceeding riches of God's grace in His kindness toward us through the Messiah Yeshua`" UNTIL He has "raised us up together" "in the ages to come!"

"Salvation" is a key word! It means the "Rescue" that God will provide His people when He sends His Son to complete the prophecies!

Luke 1 :30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel [Gavriel or "Gabriel"] said unto her, Fear not, Mary [Miryam]: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS [YEESHUWA` = "He shall save" or "He shall rescue"]. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

We're not there, yet; the MESSIAH is!

So, if all of that is you, then I have GOOD NEWS for you, Saint.

You are ALREADY IN HEAVEN, and you are just waiting for your body to be given its overhaul in the "twinkling of an Eye".

<B><

Well, yes and no. Yes, you are already in "heaven" or in the sky, just as the Messiah was at the time He was saying this to Nicodemus, but no, we are NOT already in the Kingdom of God that the King shall bring with Him when He returns, NOR are we already in some PLACE called "Heaven!" (If you cannot tell, if you cannot sense it, that we are "already in Heaven," then how do you know you're there?! Furthermore, what good is it, if you can't experience it?)

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.