Did God actually do this to me?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The problem is I’ve got OCD and it began affecting both my spirituality and my passion for science. The things I love the most. I have read some posts regarding the fact that intelligent people are less happier, because they overthink things. And some intrusive thoughts came into my mind and made me ask myself: “What if it would be better for me to be happy? Is it better than being intelligent?”. Of course I knew those things were just some intrusive thoughts, or things resulted from my overthinking but I’m afraid that God actually “chose” to make me happy and took my intelligence. Yeah. That kinda sounds illogical. Can I receive a reassurance (I prefer something written in the Scripture) that God didn’t take my intelligence?

I know Romans 11:29-31 says: God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen. 30 At one time you did not obey God. But now you have received mercy because Israel did not obey. 31 In the same way, Israel has not been obeying God. But now they receive mercy because of God’s mercy to you. but doesn’t this refer only to spiritual gifts, like, His grace, for example?

Now I began asking myself: "What if God has actually called me to become a priest, or a pastor and that I wont need science for that. Therefore, he needs to remove my intelligence because emotional intelligence is more important?".

Guest BacKaran

Our emotions come and go but the Word of God is firm, never changing.

What is it that you think God “did to you”?

21 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Our emotions come and go but the Word of God is firm, never changing.

What is it that you think God “did to you”?

My OCD, I think?

Guest BacKaran

Hi Mat007.
Ok, thats what I thought you meant.

But one needs to realize that every thing on this earth that’s fallen, like diseases, addictions etc. are from the devil.
God made this world perfect and the devil is the cause of our suffering along with our poor choices at times.

Have you seen a doctor for help with OCD? Are you on meds and have you felt better if you were on the meds?

I just learned a 30 year lesson, the doctors dont know it all. I was misdiagnosed with Menieres Disease of the ear, was told I would go deaf and nothing could help me. 
When my doctor couldnt answer my questions last fall when I had a weird episode with my ears and head, I just knew there had to be something to help me so I got another opinion.
Expert ENT doc says you dont have MD, you dont need the pills the other ent put you on and I will do surgery that will restore your hearing.
Was that a miracle? I am saying so!

One of my favorite verses is Genesis 50:20 Joseph tells his brothers, What you meant four evil, God will use for good.
So...did God let me spend and waste 30 years with a bad doctor? Not at all, was I disappointed in my discovering good news 3o yrs later regarding my hearing? Yes as man is callable and No, God knew all that was going to happen and I learned a lesson. Always ask questions, always. No question is a dumb question and many people have gone what we are going through so if you can answer the above few questions, perhaps you dont have OCD.

Tell me more about yourself and your relationship with Christ and your family.
Blessings,

Karan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, mat007 said:

The problem is I’ve got OCD and it began affecting both my spirituality and my passion for science. The things I love the most. I have read some posts regarding the fact that intelligent people are less happier, because they overthink things. And some intrusive thoughts came into my mind and made me ask myself: “What if it would be better for me to be happy? Is it better than being intelligent?”. Of course I knew those things were just some intrusive thoughts, or things resulted from my overthinking but I’m afraid that God actually “chose” to make me happy and took my intelligence. Yeah. That kinda sounds illogical. Can I receive a reassurance (I prefer something written in the Scripture) that God didn’t take my intelligence?

I know Romans 11:29-31 says: God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen. 30 At one time you did not obey God. But now you have received mercy because Israel did not obey. 31 In the same way, Israel has not been obeying God. But now they receive mercy because of God’s mercy to you. but doesn’t this refer only to spiritual gifts, like, His grace, for example?

No, God is not the author of sin, sickness and disease. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, BacKaran said:

But one needs to realize that every thing on this earth that’s fallen, like diseases, addictions etc. are from the devil.
God made this world perfect and the devil is the cause of our suffering along with our poor choices at times.

Have you seen a doctor for help with OCD? Are you on meds and have you felt better if you were on the meds?

I agree with BacKaran. No, God didn't give you OCD. Why would He do that? OCD is a mental illness that needs to be treated by a professional. God has placed some very talented people in the medical field and many of them are Christians. He placed them there to help His children who need healing.

I suggest (if you haven't already), finding a good therapist to help you. Because yes, IMO you are overthinking things. I understand because I used to have panic attacks/anxiety, which caused me to overthink and worry excessively. The right combination of medications put me back on track. I imagine that you might have racing thoughts too. Medication can help calm those so that you can think more clearly.

Pray for God to lead you to the right therapist, and remember that He loves you more than you can imagine. He doesn't want for you to be hurting in any way. Find someone to help with your OCD and let God handle the rest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest BacKaran

Hi Mat
Over thinking, worrying, endless thoughts, thats is exactly what I have. I was on depression and anxiety meds for 30 years, learned that Prozac has fluoride in it that affects the pineal gland in the brain and I decided to go off it with my docs ok. The worst that could happen is that I go back on it but I am trying to stay busy at home, helping others and reading my bible. 
My worst issue is loud ringing in my ears tinnitus...all the time and very very loud nothing can block it out. I do take a sleeping pill to sleep cuz otherwise I am up til early morning!

Ask your therapist if they are born again. 
I asked my doctor, my chiropractor and another doc. Two are and one wasn’t. And the worst they could say is I’d rather not say, but then you have your answer right there.

Blessings to you and youre Gods work in process and progress takes time, be gently on yourself!