• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/7/2018 at 9:04 AM, Goldie said:

She is a Buddhist but only recently told me she loves God so much and that she can hear him and contact him and that he wants to help me and that she can help me with with God. This was a massive shock. She has been a life long Buddhist. She is Thai. She meditates daily. She said she reaches Gos.

Hi Goldie, what does it mean that she reaches Gos. ? Does that mean the state of Oneness with what they call god? If so, be careful. I had some family members who got involved with this. At this time only 1 is still alive. Both she & her teacher consider themselves extremely spiritual and the teacher claims he reached Oneness. Here's 1 problem, they don't show what we call the fruits of the spirit. St. Paul explains them in Galatians 5:22 & 23 as well as some other epistles. If a person doesn't show the fruits of the Holy Spirit in their everyday life there's something wrong.

I understand how leaving Catholicism can be impossible after a lifetime. I saw it happen to my mother and aunts & uncles. Do you have a Catholic church nearby with a Charismatic group? If you can you will probably feel right at home with them. They still do the Mass you're familiar with but they also do the worship service and sermons Christians do. They are indeed Born Again Catholics. I know where they are in the USA but not in the UK.

I was also involved with a married woman for many years. Eventually I broke off the sexual relationship. I wanted to remain friends but she choose not to. I still miss her. But until I stopped the adultery my relationship with the Lord was hindered. Sin separates us from God. For you, marrying the Buddhist woman won't solve the problem, you will just be changing 1 sin for 2 others.

I've also realized something I want to share with you. Being of God is not about being happy in this life. It's about making sure you get to Heaven after death. It's true that some people get to happy now and go to Heaven, but most of us seem to suffer now with an eye towards eternity in paradise. It seems the more sinful this world becomes the larger the second group gets. Living in a sin is never the answer.

Yes God talks to people but not usually in audible voice. He usually speaks in your mind and it can take years to learn to hear Him. I'm about 10 yrs older than you and now I know God was talking to me when I was 15. Unfortunately I didn't know it back then. He warned me not to do something, He even told me what would happen if I did. I was a thickheaded kid and did anyway. At 50 I realized it was God because happened as I was warned. God also talks to us through other people, what we read, even TV commercials. How can you? A message from God will never contradict something in the Bible. That's 1 very good reason to read it. You need to know what it says.

I hope this helped. Sorry it's so long. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Gos is a typo! It should be God. Sorry.

She said God comes through her mind. She started helping others on her facebook by giving help. No financial reward, nothing.

She is a very caring lady. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 4/8/2018 at 10:48 AM, Goldie said:

Well, my Buddhist friend has been going to a Catholic church for nearly 12 years now as both her children are Catholic.

She knows the difference between God and Buddhism and has suddenly told me that she is very close to our God. As i said before, i have known her years and it was a shock to hear her say that as i know she is a dedicated Buddhist.

It seems as though she has been touched by God.

Friend, if she is close to "our God," then she shouldn't be committing adultery with you.

When I first read your post and you mentioned going to confession, I wondered if you had ever truly been born again as Jesus teaches us in John 3.   Please think about what is more important.... your relationship with Christ and your soul, or this woman who is leading you astray.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, Goldie said:

Yes, i commit adultery! I am very sad with life.

I divorced last year after 31 years together! One child, approx 12 years old.

A bit of background info;

Me and ex drifted apart. She never wanted to make love. Last 11 years nothing! No love. No hugs, nothing. She admitted she didnt love me.

Then, 4 years ago i had an affair. It is still ongoing. With a married woman who loves me so so much! Her husband treats her like a door matt. She has children too.

Try as i might, i cant seem to escape my feelings for her. Yes, lust too! Sad thing is, i still love my Ex wife! I have told my ex this. She said she is very happ being divorced. She states the divorce was because she fell out of love for me. Not just the adultery, of which, i told her about after 3 months as it was eating me up inside.

Thing is, i love God so so much! I cant understand how i am betraying him. I have sought help and guidance from my church too. I have been to confession tons of times over the last 4 years.

I know i should break away from this woman but its so difficult. She loves me, i have strong feelings for her. I should choose God only, i know.

I am lost.

She is a Buddhist but only recently told me she loves God so much and that she can hear him and contact him and that he wants to help me and that she can help me with with God. This was a massive shock. She has been a life long Buddhist. She is Thai. She meditates daily. She said she reaches Gos.

I want help. I want God.

Can people hear God?

I have not been to church for a couple of months. I love Catholicism but i also question things in the faith. I wish i could find light at the end of the tunnel. I suffer with some health issue too which are getting me down. I am living on my own. I hate my job. I see no future at all. If it wasnt for my gorgeous daughter i would not be here now! Many many times, daily, i think of ending it all.

Maybe you should try to listen to God  instead of your church... because this 'IS' Jesus/God talking directly to you:
John 14:21
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
KJV

because what your claiming as love for God... God doesn't see as love!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,399
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

You say you both want to help guide your children ... into what ? At the moment you are both teaching them that giving into your carnal desires is more important than listening and obeying God Everything we want to do in this world is hard to give up be that drink, drugs,  greed ,adultery but the choice is yours and so far all you are choosing is SIN   You say you want to hear God speak to you ? Not sure you would like what He has to say 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

You say you both want to help guide your children ... into what ? At the moment you are both teaching them that giving into your carnal desires is more important than listening and obeying God Everything we want to do in this world is hard to give up be that drink, drugs,  greed ,adultery but the choice is yours and so far all you are choosing is SIN   You say you want to hear God speak to you ? Not sure you would like what He has to say 

Kids dont know but i agree with you. It has to stop!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 4/19/2018 at 12:04 PM, Goldie said:

Kids dont know but i agree with you. It has to stop!

So glad to hear you say it has to stop.   It might be hard at first, but resist the devil and he will flee from you.

"Therefore submit to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 4/9/2018 at 12:58 PM, JTC said:

Hi Goldie, what does it mean that she reaches Gos. ? Does that mean the state of Oneness with what they call god? If so, be careful. I had some family members who got involved with this. At this time only 1 is still alive. Both she & her teacher consider themselves extremely spiritual and the teacher claims he reached Oneness. Here's 1 problem, they don't show what we call the fruits of the spirit. St. Paul explains them in Galatians 5:22 & 23 as well as some other epistles. If a person doesn't show the fruits of the Holy Spirit in their everyday life there's something wrong.

I understand how leaving Catholicism can be impossible after a lifetime. I saw it happen to my mother and aunts & uncles. Do you have a Catholic church nearby with a Charismatic group? If you can you will probably feel right at home with them. They still do the Mass you're familiar with but they also do the worship service and sermons Christians do. They are indeed Born Again Catholics. I know where they are in the USA but not in the UK.

I was also involved with a married woman for many years. Eventually I broke off the sexual relationship. I wanted to remain friends but she choose not to. I still miss her. But until I stopped the adultery my relationship with the Lord was hindered. Sin separates us from God. For you, marrying the Buddhist woman won't solve the problem, you will just be changing 1 sin for 2 others.

I've also realized something I want to share with you. Being of God is not about being happy in this life. It's about making sure you get to Heaven after death. It's true that some people get to happy now and go to Heaven, but most of us seem to suffer now with an eye towards eternity in paradise. It seems the more sinful this world becomes the larger the second group gets. Living in a sin is never the answer.

Yes God talks to people but not usually in audible voice. He usually speaks in your mind and it can take years to learn to hear Him. I'm about 10 yrs older than you and now I know God was talking to me when I was 15. Unfortunately I didn't know it back then. He warned me not to do something, He even told me what would happen if I did. I was a thickheaded kid and did anyway. At 50 I realized it was God because happened as I was warned. God also talks to us through other people, what we read, even TV commercials. How can you? A message from God will never contradict something in the Bible. That's 1 very good reason to read it. You need to know what it says.

I hope this helped. Sorry it's so long. 

Many words coming to mind.   I've read a number of the responses to your letter, and they are thoughtful and I'm hoping they will help you get out of this.   I'll just add a few things.   One is the saying that we have a God spaced vacuum within us, and no one can fill it but Him, the Lord Jesus Christ.   I think you know this is true.   Another is, 'There is but one sorrow, and that is not to be a saint.'   I am hoping that you will begin to pray to the Lord until you get victory over this, 'Please help me get out of this, Lord.'   So many times over the years I have just had to cry out for grace, for protection from my own desires.   There is nothing that compares to submitting to the Lord and knowing that He is pleased.  If we willingly remain in our sin, it is as though we crucify Him afresh.

• Loved it! 1

I agree people. Thank you.

I was meant to have this lady over tonight and tomorrow but made an excuse that i couldnt due to health issue. Got to find a way of letting her go while being kind in doing so. I dont want to be nasty.

Edited by Goldie
  • Praying! 1