Estrella

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Are there certain times or situations in your life where you were tempted to trust more than God for your safety, provision and comfort because God seemed distant or silent? Where and how does one draw the line / combine faith and works in dealing with them?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Estrella said:

Are there certain times or situations in your life where you were tempted to trust more than God for your safety, provision and comfort because God seemed distant or silent? Where and how does one draw the line / combine faith and works in dealing with them?  

Sure, actually daily. When I find myself up to my neck in deep trouble and finally cry out to God, having forgot, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer and my strength. In my decisions for small things and the big ones, I really try to acknowledge God, but I don't remember sometimes till I realize I can't do  it on my own. But it usually wasn't so much that God was silent or distant as much as I had not enough confidence/patience to WAIT upon Him. I am ALWAYS blessed though, when I do give my problems/decisions to Him, and wait for Him, especially when He does help  in ways that PROVE He is still on the throne, and still in control, and He loves me more than I will ever know. Raising a single income young family, struggling to make ends meet, is the coolest way to see God's miraculous hand in our lives, when we trusted His timing. My wife and I experienced our greatest blessings during our leanest years. Had we chosen the worldly easier way out, we would never have seen God's hand in our lives. Not saying we never were worried about our finances/livelihood because we did, but God always was faithful, just on His own timing.
God is faithful. Wait on Him......