IGNORED

We are about to see John 17 fulfilled before our very eyes...

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Did you miss who Ezekiel 36 is for?

Ezekiel 36:19 I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them. 20 But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, and yet they had to go out of his land.’ 21 But I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations to which they came.

I Will Put My Spirit Within You

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came.  23 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Lord God, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes.24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. And I will summon the grain and make it abundant and lay no famine upon you. 30 I will make the fruit of the tree and the increase of the field abundant, that you may never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways, and your deeds that were not good, and you will loathe yourselves for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 It is not for your sake that I will act, declares the Lord God; let that be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel.

The church did not possess the land, and have not been dispersed from it.  Ezekiel 36 is about the nation of Israel, as displayed from the passage above, which I extended from what I previously posted to include the verse you just referenced.  Please note the bolded and underlined section and explain how this relates to the church in any way, shape, or form.

Specifically, I would love to hear your explanation in regards to verse 26, because based on this, and your misunderstanding of John 17, you don't seem to think the Holy Spirit has come yet?

God bless

Brother, I am not sure what denomination you are a part of. Different ones see the Holy Spirit differently. Of course He has come. And He resides in the wheat, not the tares. Unfortunately, our oil, even if we possess it, had not been lit. Thus, our lights are not shining. They are about to. 

As to Ezekiel 36, it is a dual prophecy. And yes, it applies to us. We do not yet see it though. If what you say is true, then the new covenant that is promised here is not for us either, and if that were the case, we would all be wasting our time and need to convert to Judaism, LOL. But let me ask you this. If there is no wall of separation between Jews and Gentiles now, and the new covenant is for all, would not the benefit promised here to the Jews be a benefit for us as well? Because God very clearly promises them that He will CAUSE them to obey, does He not? If so, is that something we want? Do e think we need it? 

The vast majority of Christians are living inRomans 7. Some are quite content there, and argue that since the apostle Paul resided there, who are we to think we can ever escape? So they settle in, make the best of their time in the world, and decorate their prison cells to their liking. 

Bit they lack Paul’s heart. He HATED his life in Romans 7. He longed to be freed from his evil propensities. He refused to accept  that he simply had to live without victory over his old nature until Jesus came. And so he cried out to God to set him free indeed. And God heard his cry, saw his tears and answered him.... delivered him.... from him. 

Brother if you do not agreee with me, that is your prerogative.  But let us walk in peace.

Blessings, 

Gideon

6 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Ummmm, that is not what Paul says at all.

II Corinthians 5:2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Paul says we, meaning he groans in this tent as well, longing to put on our (again, including himself) heavenly dwelling.  Paul again says we (including himself)  would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  

Pay close attention to verse 5, we are already prepared because He has given (past tense) the Spirit as our guarantee, which relates to your misunderstanding in regards to Ezekiel 36.

God bless

Do you realize love burned so brightly in Paul that no matter the cost personally, he laid down his own goals and dreams to save men from a judgment he  knew they were unprepared for? He ran his race as if there was only one prize and he was determined to win it. Do we? He told us that we should know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor. Do we?  

I will leave you with a question. It was first asked by Leonard Ravenhill. Here it is:

Can you explain to me how 120 men filled with the Holy Spirit could turn the whole world upside down in one generation, and today, in large cities, we can have 120 churches claiming the same experience and the city not know, or care, that they are there? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

P.S. Brother, I have no problem sharing back and forth as long as it is with gentleness, patience and love. Amen? 

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Gideon,

I can appreciate what you're saying here (and a belated welcome to Worthy, btw! :) ). But after reading everything that you have been saying, one issue sticks here with me, and it is one borne out of Scripture:

""Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."  (1 Corinthians 9; 24-27, NASB, emphasis mine)

My concern here is that you are saying (and please forgive and correct me if I have misunderstood this or am saying this wrong) "the Lord will make us obedient", when this passage tells us that as Paul has done, so must we strive to "run the race" properly and not be disqualified. In fact, in numerous places in Scripture, there are admonitions and warnings about straying off the path, walking with the Lord and striving with sin. It is not that I attribute self-effort to salvation, but rather, that if the  Lord is to make us obedient, then would that not put the onus on God for our behavior, and thus there should be no warnings about losing rewards at the Bema Seat?

First, let me say I so appreciate your reply and I will do my best to answer. 

Do I believe this scripture? Absolutely! But in my own life, I knew it, very well. I had much of the Bible memorized. I was full of zeal for God, but there was a problem. I could not do it. My body ruled. Self still remained on the throne. So that verse was simply more law, which added more guilt, which weighed my spirit down even more. 

I walkedfor 38 years while resisting the temptation to lower the standard of God, and all the while

I failed to walk as a good child of God. And what is that standard?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord

People would tell me that God saw us as holy and saw our hearts as pure and to stop sweating my failure, for we are only human. But  then it made no sense why God would speak to the Laodecian as He did. He did not see them as pure but as something that made Him sick.  Why were Ananias and Saphira struck  down when today, we do far worse and think all is ok because of grace? The only explanation was I was missing something... a secret hidden from my eyes that made one’s  Christian walk line up with what is written. 

So I held the standard up to my own life, even though it condemned the ground I stood on. So when I saw the God was the potter responsible for changing me,and read in the few covenant in Ezekiel 36:27 that He promised to cause us to walk obediently, something clicked in me. Something was badly amiss in our take on the gospel. We had forgiveness down and knew it was all by grace. But after that, are we simply left now to fend for ourselves and to just follow the gospel according to Nike... just do it? 

Well, I tried. Everything. And after all my efforts, I was still in bondage to sins I hated. The black dog inside me was eating my white dog’s lunch. Does this sound familiar to any out there? 

When God tells us He will cause us to walk obediently, it rankles us. It should absolutely thrill us. Does God make us robots and override our free will? Nope. Remember the prodigal son? Did the father prevent him from acting the fool? No. He waited. And when the son had nothing left, and realized his foolishness, he came back to the Father and laid his last pearl at the feet of the Master. And what was it? 

His free will

Whoa. That ought to stir things up. What did the son say? I am no longer worthy to wear your name or be called your son. Just let me serve you

There it is. There is the secret we have all missed. We are told that we are either servants to righteousness or servants to sin. The free will we have is to choose who we want to serve. That is it. It is not to remain on our throne with God as co-pilot.

You see, we have been living our entire lives holding onto our free will because we do not see our need to be kept by the power of God through faith. We think it is up to us to get our body under and make it mind. We read verses like the one you shared and we try our hardest to fulfill it.  And we fail. Miserably. Self cannot crucify self. Self wants to live and make the choices. Self, our old carnal nature, must be deposed and the only way it can happen is to reckon it dead, for in truth, it died when Jesus died. 

And when we finally break, and tell God, unless YOU keep me from falling, I will dishonor your name every time, to our amazement, we discover that all His promises to us are real. He does actually cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure. Who does it. We do it. Who does it? He does it. IN us. 

That is why Paul said:

”I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Galatians 2:20 

Yes, we must do what is written. But if we have not yetfigired out how weak and incapable we are of pleasing our God in our flesh, we will soon come face to face with it.  The bar is too high. The standard never was meant to be lowered We were meant to be lifted up to meet it.  Grace was never given to make our pet sins no big deal. It was meant to lead us to the path where we an do all things thru Christ who strengthens us. And in these last days, not only will we see the standard raised up again, holiness unto the Lord, we are going to be lifted up as well to be able to walk it out in front of the entire world. And it will be glorious.... with persecutions. 

Listen. Is it not far better to come into agreement with our God, so that we walk in our new natures and actually  be able to do them?  It is eleven years and counting for me and  as I have trusted Him to keep me from falling and as I have believed His promise to actually cause me to obey Him, He has never failed to do so. 

I pray this helps. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Gideon said:

And get this. As they do this, they will think they are doing God a spiritual service

Some don't get this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Gideon,

I can appreciate what you're saying here (and a belated welcome to Worthy, btw! :) ). But after reading everything that you have been saying, one issue sticks here with me, and it is one borne out of Scripture:

""Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."  (1 Corinthians 9; 24-27, NASB, emphasis mine)

My concern here is that you are saying (and please forgive and correct me if I have misunderstood this or am saying this wrong) "the Lord will make us obedient", when this passage tells us that as Paul has done, so must we strive to "run the race" properly and not be disqualified. In fact, in numerous places in Scripture, there are admonitions and warnings about straying off the path, walking with the Lord and striving with sin. It is not that I attribute self-effort to salvation, but rather, that if the  Lord is to make us obedient, then would that not put the onus on God for our behavior, and thus there should be no warnings about losing rewards at the Bema Seat?

Please test it, but this is how I'm understanding this.  In our seeking to be holy as He is holy........many admonishments of scripture are part of the price we pay in buying the extra oil we need for our lamps.....in order to get us the rest of the way to where we need to be.  Those who are not making the effort to fight the good fight of faith, eschew sin (deny self) and follow Christ, carrying our cross......are not increasing their supply of oil because of not counting the cost and paying the price for it.  But the thing is..... in spite of all our own efforts, which we certainly do need to make, but in our very striving to be holy,  we will also learn and come to realize that somehow in some way or other we are still coming up short.........hence this is meant to cause us to seek the Lord for His Help to get us the rest of the way there......which is complete surrender to Him and becoming truly living sacrifices, our old man dead on the altar of our soul, and only the new man Christ living in us, no longer we who live.

As an example, one way of coming up short is even when we are successful in discplining ourselves in any given area....guess what, it breeds pride....so it seems like we just can't win for losin'.....and that is the whole point.  SO THAT we will seek the Lord for what we have need of, SO THAT it will be of Him, and not of our own.  SO THAT we will lay our crowns at His feet where they belong and He will be glorified...in us.  Another thing is that how do we get away from the fact that our righteousness is still filthy rags anyhow....and He will accept no other sacrifice but His own righteousness.

We are to be perfect as He is perfect......and how is He perfect.....God is spirit, that's how.  We are to become spiritual, of His Spirit.  Only then will we be presenting His true image to the world and only then is He glorified, in us.  Adam was of the earth earthy and so are we.......except that the new Adam is spiritual and that is the image and likeness we are to bear and become as.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Please test it, but this is how I'm understanding this.  In our seeking to be holy as He is holy........many admonishments of scripture are part of the price we pay in buying the extra oil we need for our lamps.....in order to get us the rest of the way to where we need to be.  Those who are not making the effort to fight the good fight of faith, eschew sin (deny self) and follow Christ, carrying our cross......are not increasing their supply of oil because of not counting the cost and paying the price for it.  But the thing is..... in spite of all our own efforts, which we certainly do need to make, but in our very striving to be holy,  we will also learn and come to realize that somehow in some way or other we are still coming up short.........hence this is meant to cause us to seek the Lord for His Help to get us the rest of the way there......which is complete surrender to Him and becoming truly living sacrifices, our old man dead on the altar of our soul, and only the new man Christ living in us, no longer we who live.

As an example, one way of coming up short is even when we are successful in discplining ourselves in any given area....guess what, it breeds pride....so it seems like we just can't win for losin'.....and that is the whole point.  SO THAT we will seek the Lord for what we have need of, SO THAT it will be of Him, and not of our own.  SO THAT we will lay our crowns at His feet where they belong and He will be glorified...in us.  Another thing is that how do we get away from the fact that our righteousness is still filthy rags anyhow....and He will accept no other sacrifice but His own righteousness.

We are to be perfect as He is perfect......and how is He perfect.....God is spirit, that's how.  We are to become spiritual, of His Spirit.  Only then will we be presenting His true image to the world and only then is He glorified, in us.  Adam was of the earth earthy and so are we.......except that the new Adam is spiritual and that is the image and likeness we are to bear and become as.

In our seeking to be holy as He is holy........many admonishments of scripture are part of the price we pay in buying the extra oil we need for our lamps.....in order to get us the rest of the way to where we need to be. 

Why do we need more to buy more oil if we are really born again? If we are really born again then we trust God for all the oil we need to finish our race (Holy Spirit) and He promised to give that to us. Do you really think you can get more oil in your efforts of working for it?

A child of God who knows God and knows to be his/her child can trust her heavenly Father and follow Him, wouldn't we want to follow Jesus who went to the cross to die for our sins and  is always looking after us?

To have no oil is not being a child of God and therefore not born again . You can't buy the Holy Spirit by works.

19 hours ago, Gideon said:

We all know John 17, the oneness chapter. And over the years, since the wolves that Paul spoke about came into the church after his death, the church has split from one church to over five hundred denominations today. We have seen great efforts put into seeing John 17 fulfilled. We have often tried to table our differences, be more “inclusive”, and there is an ecumenical movement afoot, and yet it is failing badly. 

Like the builders of the Tower of Babel, it almost seems like as Christians, we too have been given different languages. We cannot understand why those in those other denominations cannot see their glaring errors, but they are too busy doing the same thing to us. Despite the fact we are all  naming Jesus as savior,  we cannot get along. Heck, even in the same fellowship, there are divisions and schisms and disagreements, how money should be spent, why Joe is leading worship when Sheila has such a pretty voice, whether it is right to have an Easter egg hunt. Heaven help us! 

And the sum of the matter? We have no clue.... none.... as to how to walk in oneness with one another. And the reason? We have no clue how to become ONE with God.... yet. Let me explain. Picture the church as a wagon wheel and all along the rim of the wheel, we find all the truly born again believers, some from every denomination. Some are closer to our beliefs than others. Others? Whew! Are they ever misled! LOL. But we are all there. And each of us has a spoke leading to the center of the wheel, the hub. And there sits Jesus. 

Now, when we try to follow John 17, here is what happens. We urge others that we all need to be one, so we scoot over a little, pat the place next to us like nice friendly Christians, and motion them to join us. But the people on the other sides of the rim shake their heads side to side, smile politely, scoot over, and pat the place they have reserved for us next to them! Wow, we a a polite bunch! Do you see the problem? Those stupid people..... er..... I mean brothers and sisters in the Lord.... need to get a clue, right? 

But there is a bigger problem.  None of us are sitting on the hub with Jesus. None of us are one with Christ. And until that happens, we are destined to build the Tower of Babel v.2. and oneness with each other is flat out impossible.

Is oneness with God a pipe dream.... or just a goal? Is that what we are to aim at but never hit? We are told that if we abide... remain.... in Christ, we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh, amen? Yet who does that? And if someone says they do, we chew them to pieces as pride filled liars. Is oneness wit Jesus something reserved for us in Heaven but no more than a nice concept here on earth? I do not know how it is in your walk, but in mine, if I have to make it on my own, it is crash and burn time, big time. I need to abide, not just visit the Lord on Sumdaycmornings, then back to MY life. 

No, oneness is possible, but something needs to happen first. We are told that two can only walk together when they are agreed. Well, that eliminates uniting on the rim of the wheel, doesn’t it? But how about our walking together in agreement with the Lord? You see, there is the crux of our problem. We and the Lord do not agree. 

You do not believe me? Let’s test it out. 

God says that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it nothing. 

God says that sin shall not have dominion over us. 

God says that He will cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure

I can list a dozen more but these few make the point. We are not agreeing with Him, and why? We are in unbelief. That, dear brothers and sisters, is the core root of our problem. 

Our God is even now beginning to arouse us from our deep sleep we have all fallen into. And when we do, we will be confronted by a truth that we have all pretty much choked on. Our old nature, our flesh, is dead.

Listen. We are not told to kill it, ignore it, tie it up, choke it out, or get an accountability partner to oversee it.  Neither are we told to try to improve it. We are told to reckon it as DEAD and then, by an act of faith, to put it off. Disavow it. Disown it.  We are asked to come into agreement with God that our old nature died the minute we made Jesus savior and Lord. And then we are to put on our brand new natures God has given us. And we do all this by faith, simply because God said so. 

I pray you hear me. When we do this, something amazing happens. Christ is no longer with us. He is IN us. and praise God, to our amazement, we find ourselves sitting with Christ in the centerof the wheel. But here is where it gets truly mind blowing. You know that guy across from you that had those crazy ideas about Jesus and salvation? Guess what? He did the same thing, and I’ll be darned, but he too sits in the hub, right next to you. And to both of your amazements, you now see things exactly the same, you both are ONE with Jesus... together. Man, he is a great guy too! I”ll be darned! 

We are about to witness a true miracle. John 17 fulfilled. No more rim sitting. Ever. And those in the world will look on, incredulous. What they will see will not only match the church of the book of Acts, it will surpass it! And our feeble efforts at evangelizing the world will be turned on their heads. And just as God promised in Ezekiel 36, “The heathen shall know that I am the Lord when I shall be sanctified IN THEM before their very eyes.”

Whether we want to admit it or  not, we have disgraced the name of our God by how we have represented Him, both individually and corporately. This is not me saying so God said it. But all that is coming to a close. God has shown me that there are multitudes all over the earth who are the elect, but they have been waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. And peoples from all religions, those who truly love the light but never have seen it in us, WILL see it and come to join us in the last great end gathering. God’s house WILL be full, and believe it or not, we are going to be a huge part of it! We serve an amazing God! 

Blessings,

Gideon

Without reading all the other posts ( too many) I like you to explain what we are about to see?

What do you expect exactly to happen?

16 hours ago, Gideon said:

I will be glad to. Do we think God has arranged it so all the potential Christians live in the United States? Do we not think that all over the world, there are men and women who truly love the light, and want to see goodness reign? 

Do you remember when Jesus died, He spent three days in hell and preached to the spirits in prison? Why do you think that was? All the souls that lived before Christ never had a chance to choose Him, amen? Are we to believe that a fair and loving God would send these people to an eternal hell just for not having a chance to hear. Never. That is why Jesus went. Every man, every woman who have ever lived will have a chance to hear the good news. Those that love the light will come to it. WILL. His sheep will hear His voice. WILL.

And so it will be today. Multitudes of the elect have been born in other counties, and raised  in other religions. What they see or know of Christianity is what we have shown them. And it is not a pretty picture. Our lives have been the Bible’s they have been able to read. And I hang my head in shame for what I have displayed for the vast majority of my life. 

BUT...... that is about to change. As the awakening happens, the true elect, those virgins with the oil inside, will light their lamps. How? By believing that their old nature died when Jesus died and they are now, right now, new creatures! And when that happens, the latter rain will raise the church up in beauty and holiness to shine forth in an ever darkening world.

And guess what. Those that love the light in every nation, every tongue and who now see the light displayed in us, WILL come to it. They will leave their religion behind, no matter what it is, and fall in love with the Lord Himself. This is what God has given me to share. Some will accept it. Some will ......er.... not. Nevertheless, it is true, and it will soon shake everything we know until only Jesus remains. 

I hope this helps.

Blessings, 

Gideon

Do you remember when Jesus died, He spent three days in hell and preached to the spirits in prison? Why do you think that was? All the souls that lived before Christ never had a chance to choose Him, amen? Are we to believe that a fair and loving God would send these people to an eternal hell just for not having a chance to hear. Never. That is why Jesus went. Every man, every woman who have ever lived will have a chance to hear the good news. Those that love the light will come to it. WILL. His sheep will hear His voice. WILL.

The people who never heard the gospel being preached will be saved by faith:

Hebrews 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

20 hours ago, Gideon said:

We all know John 17, the oneness chapter. And over the years, since the wolves that Paul spoke about came into the church after his death, the church has split from one church to over five hundred denominations today. We have seen great efforts put into seeing John 17 fulfilled. We have often tried to table our differences, be more “inclusive”, and there is an ecumenical movement afoot, and yet it is failing badly. 

Like the builders of the Tower of Babel, it almost seems like as Christians, we too have been given different languages. We cannot understand why those in those other denominations cannot see their glaring errors, but they are too busy doing the same thing to us. Despite the fact we are all  naming Jesus as savior,  we cannot get along. Heck, even in the same fellowship, there are divisions and schisms and disagreements, how money should be spent, why Joe is leading worship when Sheila has such a pretty voice, whether it is right to have an Easter egg hunt. Heaven help us! 

And the sum of the matter? We have no clue.... none.... as to how to walk in oneness with one another. And the reason? We have no clue how to become ONE with God.... yet. Let me explain. Picture the church as a wagon wheel and all along the rim of the wheel, we find all the truly born again believers, some from every denomination. Some are closer to our beliefs than others. Others? Whew! Are they ever misled! LOL. But we are all there. And each of us has a spoke leading to the center of the wheel, the hub. And there sits Jesus. 

Now, when we try to follow John 17, here is what happens. We urge others that we all need to be one, so we scoot over a little, pat the place next to us like nice friendly Christians, and motion them to join us. But the people on the other sides of the rim shake their heads side to side, smile politely, scoot over, and pat the place they have reserved for us next to them! Wow, we a a polite bunch! Do you see the problem? Those stupid people..... er..... I mean brothers and sisters in the Lord.... need to get a clue, right? 

But there is a bigger problem.  None of us are sitting on the hub with Jesus. None of us are one with Christ. And until that happens, we are destined to build the Tower of Babel v.2. and oneness with each other is flat out impossible.

Is oneness with God a pipe dream.... or just a goal? Is that what we are to aim at but never hit? We are told that if we abide... remain.... in Christ, we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh, amen? Yet who does that? And if someone says they do, we chew them to pieces as pride filled liars. Is oneness wit Jesus something reserved for us in Heaven but no more than a nice concept here on earth? I do not know how it is in your walk, but in mine, if I have to make it on my own, it is crash and burn time, big time. I need to abide, not just visit the Lord on Sumdaycmornings, then back to MY life. 

No, oneness is possible, but something needs to happen first. We are told that two can only walk together when they are agreed. Well, that eliminates uniting on the rim of the wheel, doesn’t it? But how about our walking together in agreement with the Lord? You see, there is the crux of our problem. We and the Lord do not agree. 

You do not believe me? Let’s test it out. 

God says that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it nothing. 

God says that sin shall not have dominion over us. 

God says that He will cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure

I can list a dozen more but these few make the point. We are not agreeing with Him, and why? We are in unbelief. That, dear brothers and sisters, is the core root of our problem. 

Our God is even now beginning to arouse us from our deep sleep we have all fallen into. And when we do, we will be confronted by a truth that we have all pretty much choked on. Our old nature, our flesh, is dead.

Listen. We are not told to kill it, ignore it, tie it up, choke it out, or get an accountability partner to oversee it.  Neither are we told to try to improve it. We are told to reckon it as DEAD and then, by an act of faith, to put it off. Disavow it. Disown it.  We are asked to come into agreement with God that our old nature died the minute we made Jesus savior and Lord. And then we are to put on our brand new natures God has given us. And we do all this by faith, simply because God said so. 

I pray you hear me. When we do this, something amazing happens. Christ is no longer with us. He is IN us. and praise God, to our amazement, we find ourselves sitting with Christ in the centerof the wheel. But here is where it gets truly mind blowing. You know that guy across from you that had those crazy ideas about Jesus and salvation? Guess what? He did the same thing, and I’ll be darned, but he too sits in the hub, right next to you. And to both of your amazements, you now see things exactly the same, you both are ONE with Jesus... together. Man, he is a great guy too! I”ll be darned! 

We are about to witness a true miracle. John 17 fulfilled. No more rim sitting. Ever. And those in the world will look on, incredulous. What they will see will not only match the church of the book of Acts, it will surpass it! And our feeble efforts at evangelizing the world will be turned on their heads. And just as God promised in Ezekiel 36, “The heathen shall know that I am the Lord when I shall be sanctified IN THEM before their very eyes.”

Whether we want to admit it or  not, we have disgraced the name of our God by how we have represented Him, both individually and corporately. This is not me saying so God said it. But all that is coming to a close. God has shown me that there are multitudes all over the earth who are the elect, but they have been waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. And peoples from all religions, those who truly love the light but never have seen it in us, WILL see it and come to join us in the last great end gathering. God’s house WILL be full, and believe it or not, we are going to be a huge part of it! We serve an amazing God! 

Blessings,

Gideon

I did read to most of all the posts, ,are you talking about the Millenial where there will be peace and all people will know the Lord?Until that day, the Bible is predicting bad times for this world and wickedness will increase and the love of many will grow cold and other misery as there already is but it will be worse..

38 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

It is a dilemma, no doubt. And all those admonitions are important. Except..... we cannot do them! We are told to struggle to enter the rest? Whaaaatt? Does that even make sense? It does indeed. When we first start out as believers, we are often like Peter. “I will NEVER deny you!” And like Peter we deny him three times in how we live... and love. . Until we learn the lesson. As much as we may want to obey him and discipline ourselves and run our race correctly and walk as sojourner, our old nature still rules. And it is not going anywhere, at least willingly. 

So we try harder still! Wham. Same wall. Same results. And that continues for as long as it takes for our struggle to wear us down to the point we have NO strength, NO confidence in our fleshly efforts, even if we are well meaning and want to obey. 

As Paul said, to will is present with me, but how to perform it, I find not. There is the struggle we all must go through, if we truly want to walk as we are instructed. When does the struggle end? When we are out of options. When we are broken and weary, wanting to do good but finding we simply cannot meet God’s standard. We CAN’T love God with our whole hearts. Why? Simple. Part of us loves US! And certainly we cannot love others as we love ourselves. That is out of this world impossible, right? 

So, broken and desperate, we come to God confessing our inability to walk pleasing to Him, and cry out for a brand new nature, one that truly CAN obey Him. And glory to God, to our amazement, we finally see it! 

We have been new creatures since the day we were saved! BUT, we had to learn a hard lesson. And what is this lesson? 

We can do nothing unless He does it through us.  

oh,we get that we start by grace.  But initially, we are blinded to the truth that we are alsokept by grace, and it is grace... Fod IN us, that must cause us to obey Him. We are transformed into Hos image by grace......as we trust Him to bring all these  things about. God has ordained that it is to be the obedience o faith that is key to everything we want from Him. He has it for us, these amazing new natures, but.... they must be put on. And to do that, we must first come to HATE our old fleshly nature, self will.... and put it off the very same way, by faith. 

We are about to witness.... and be a part of.... a flat out miracle. We are about to awaken to the truth of who we are, light our lamps, and enter the rest that remains for the children of God. Before the Lord return, we as the bride of Christ are going to awaken and stun the world. And men shall exclaim “Look, that which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the garden of Eden!”

We are about to mount up with eagles wings and discover exactly what ‘the glorious liberty of the children of God’ actually is. Trust me, it will be breathtaking. 

Blessings,

Gideon

• Praise God! 1