• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

Hey everyone

Iv'e had a couple of questions about homosexuality for a while now.  

Some history in my life: I had a male flatmate for quite a while and he cam out as gay just before we moved in together, I was kind of OK with it, but my relationship with God grew immensely and eventually I decided to move into my own place.  I could not tolerate having his boyfriend stay over.  However, I have been friends with this person for more than 10 years and I felt like I couldn't abandon him.  It has now been a couple of years since then and they are talking about getting married, and although they know that I do not condone their behavior, I love them because I believe we should love the sinner and not the sin.  I believe we should exert grace as much as possible, because if God did not work in our hearts with grace, we would all have been in trouble (well most people i know anyway).  

I am now in a situation where I serve young adult woman, I pray for them and console them.  It can be tough sometimes and it breaks my heart when I work with some of these very very broken woman, however, it delights me when I see how God changes their lives and they start healing! Recently, one of the woman I started counseling told me that she is a lesbian, she has been a lesbian since she can remember and she lives with her partner, they are planning on getting married, they have been together for more than 5 years.  This lady and her partner are both Christians, they serve well and are very active in the church, a few people at church know that they are a couple, the rest of the community believe that they are just friends because they keep their relationship secret.  I am aware that we need to keep each other accountable, James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. But I have no idea if or how i should tel her that their lifestyle is a sin, and the first thought that pops up in that case is "who am I to tell them they are wrong, I need to focus on my own sins and just keep my head down".  Matthew 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

My questions therefore are:

1.  Should we be going about and telling homosexual people that their lifestyle is a sin? (I don't want to offend people, even typing this makes me uncomfortable)

2. Are people born homosexual? As in, it is encoded in their DNA to be homosexual? (I don't believe it is, I believe your situations shape you and dictates sexuality)

Please keep in mind, I truly believe that God has told me that I need to love people unconditionally and with more grace than I believe is possible.  

Thank you 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Chi said:

My questions therefore are:

1.  Should we be going about and telling homosexual people that their lifestyle is a sin? (I don't want to offend people, even typing this makes me uncomfortable)

2. Are people born homosexual? As in, it is encoded in their DNA to be homosexual? (I don't believe it is, I believe your situations shape you and dictates sexuality)

The way I view people is that much of the behavior we see are symptoms, some of which are much more obvious than others.  Pointing out that a person with a broken leg cannot run very well seems rather pointless to me.   Before I say anything about things to people, I try to discern what the real root issues are that God wants to deal with in their lives.  I don't want to distract people away from what God really wants to be doing in their lives.   So, my indirect answer to question 1 is that I would treat it like anything else in someone's life.  I want to understand what God's priority is for them at the moment so that I don't distract them with mine.  My observation is that frequently addictive, compulsive, and overpowering behaviors and feelings in people's lives are due to deeply embedded spiritual and emotional things that God needs to deal with.  No amount of trying to convince someone to change is going to work if there is something that God needs to deal with first.

With regard to question 2, my sense is that there is a mixture of things going on.  My understanding is that sexual reactions to various situations and stimuli can be imprinted (or whatever the word is) onto people in a way that becomes embedded (or whatever the word is).  However, having said that, human beings have a wide range of different body chemistries (including a range of testosterone, estrogen, and other hormone levels) that result in different types of behaviors and susceptibility to different things.   Also, one's upbringing (both physical and emotional) can effect how our bodies  and personalities turn out.   I'd expect to see statistical correlations between people with some types of body chemistries and some types of behaviors.  Of course, correlation is not a 100% determiner but can indicate tendencies.

As part of a bigger picture, I see us each as unique individuals created by God to reflect His glory in some way unique to each of us.  When we become Christians, God works on transforming us into the unique person He intends for us to be.  I'd liken this to growing a garden.  If our life is a garden, there are the seeds and plants that God put there to grow and bear fruit; then there are the weeds that do nothing except draw resources away from the good seeds and plants.  What we get out of life is related to which of the plants we tend the most.  If we spend our effort watering, fertilizing, and tending weeds, that's what will grow well but we'll not get anything from it.  If we spend our effort watering, fertilizing, and tending the good plants, we'll eventually see a harvest.  We need to be careful that all those bright green growing plants we are seeing are really going to produce something worthwhile.

I've seen many Christians try to define themselves by labels of various groups and cling to things in their life with the excuse that "this is how God made me."   To the extent that those things in our lives are indeed good seed and plants that God put there for us to become, then tending those things causes us to grow into the person God created us to be.  To the extent things in our lives are not from God, and might be due to spiritual, physical, or emotional trauma, being deceived, our own imperfections and sin, and the like, tending those things is a waste of time and resources.  My sense is that many people who primarily define themselves as having meaning and value on the basis of various relationships or behaviors are often missing a sense of identity as to who God really made them to be.  Whenever anyone says, "this is the way God made me", I often look very closely as to whether they are using that to describe their God-given uniqueness that makes them one-of-a-kind or if they are using it to claim membership in some demographic or point to uncontrollable behaviors or urges as necessarily all being what God wants and intends.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I think Leanne Payne's ministry has some great answers for this. Please  refer to some of her excellent books.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Behold has answered the best by far of all of them.     The thing is the agenda did its job.   first was to get them into media

and always play the VICTIM .  also humor ,  not to ever show scenes of the action , but rather just the two being funny kind people .  it worked .

the churches under seeker friendly ,  again it worked .   instead of correcting as the early church taught ,  it turned into lets just love them to JESUS

don't run them off.  and that led to ACCEPTING it .  see a lil leaven will leaven the whole FLOCK .    The pattern JESUS SET   , for all things ,including correction

SHOULD never have been abandoned .  but it was .    and this is how folks fall away.  see satan knew something ,  he knew

if he could get the church to accept them in ,  AND Not focuse on correcting but just hugs ,  that people would over time

begin to see their prayers as genuine , their good works as proof , and the assumption would be ,  well GOD must be in them .

Satan has not been sleeping ,   he has infected so many churches from WITHIN .    and its only going to get worse .

WE have to return to the pattern JESUS set and the apostels set or fall away only and worse and worse it does get .

WE first have to kick the pride out and realize something .  IF GOD says something ,  ITS CAUSE HE KNOWS .    and be not unequally yoked

HAS CONSEQUENCES if we heed it not ....................................GOD IS WISER THAN US FOLKS ,  HOW BOUT we return to HIS PATTERN.    and FAST . 

• Thanks 1

Guest BacKaran

What does the Bible say?
Homosexuality is a sin. My neice celebrated her partnership with another homosexual and I love them both from a far. I will not accept them in my home or attend family gatherings as this would be seen as approval for their sin by everyone, family or friend. 
 Every family member knew of this ongoing homosexual relationship for decades and not me, I also was not invited to celebrate them damning themselves to hell. I wouldnt have gone anyway, they know where I stand with God, firm and strong on His Word. 

God offends, Jesus offends, the Holy Spirit offends....those who will be born again will no longer live in their sin but live for God. 

A true born again Christian will witness the Truth to family and friends and if they choose to move away or terminate the relationship, so be it. Jesus has told us this would happen in the Bible to those who follow Him.

I have nothing in common with my neice nor my Roman Catholics siblings and my son disowned me, dont know how he thinks that works, but they all have called me tons of names and I’m a Jesus freak in a cult as I have found Jesus in a nondenominational church. 

My biblical response to anyone claiming This is how god made me is ME TOO! God knew I would be born with a sinful nature and I needed Jesus to save me. 
DNA is either male or female. Bruce Jenner can do whatever he wants to his physical body, he’s still a man pretending to be a woman. Chastity Bono is still a woman although she takes drugs to grow a beard.

Living for Jesus is a radical change from the family norm these days. 
I will be kind to homos but I will not have anything to do with them as they reject Jesus corrections and flaunt their sin in front of everyone.
There is only a REMNANT that will be living for Jesus, not billions as some man made religions keep telling its members.

Jesus died for all
BUT ALL WILL NOT choose Jesus.

God hates the sin and the unrepentant sinner so we too are not to love the sinner unless s/he is repentant and they choose to change their life for Christ.
God cannot be in the presence of sin, ever.

Emotions come and go which is why God encourages and exhorts us as His born again Children to stay strong in His Word and faith. We will be hated by the world because they reject the One Triune God. 

Guest BacKaran

Is it love to let sinners live in sin and heading to hell without telling them Gods Truth?
There is no such thing as a CHRISTIAN homosexual, they are pretenders with their hearts seared with their sin, they are tares amount the wheat.
BORN AGAIN CHRISITIANS will be compelled by the Holy Spirit to change the focus of their lives from their sins and sinful desires to obeying and pleasing God.
My Roman Catholic siblings believe abortion is ok...rilly? When did God change His Word about tha? OH HE DIDNT!
and if they say “my god would never. ...or my god loves them.....they have broken the 2nd commandment making a god for themselves so they can feel good while in their sin and still “claim” to know god....

Once I witness to a lost soul, its up to them to choose the message from Jesus or not. Ive done my job and the Holy Spirit will change them is they seek Jesus and truly get born again.

Know God know peace

no god no peace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

It is a sad world in which we live.

Back-biting, false witness, dishonor to wife or husband, gossip, sexual wrongs, unfettered desire, envy, jealousy, evil imagination, lewd jokes, stealing (even paper-clips), speaking defamation of authority (authority comes directly from the Lord), coveting, arguments, drunkenness, self-satisfaction, substance abuse, teaching kids to dishonor parents, breaking the Ten Commandments...

There are a slew of problem sins that face everyone, and if you fail in one, you fail in all of them. They are all indicative of fallen humans. They all need forgiveness. They are all of us mostly all of the time.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, Justin Adams said:

It is a sad world in which we live.

Back-biting, false witness, dishonor to wife or husband, gossip, sexual wrongs, unfettered desire, envy, jealousy, evil imagination, lewd jokes, stealing (even paper-clips), speaking defamation of authority (authority comes directly from the Lord), coveting, arguments, drunkenness, self-satisfaction, substance abuse, teaching kids to dishonor parents, breaking the Ten Commandments...

There are a slew of problem sins that face everyone, and if you fail in one, you fail in all of them. They are all indicative of fallen humans. They all need forgiveness. They are all of us mostly all of the time.

:Yes.

If we didn't need continual forgiveness, then there would be no need for the eternal blood of God to have been shed.

Amazing is its power to reach our sin and continually continue to pay for them all, 2000+ yrs after it was shed.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2