• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, B Judson said:

Actually the oracles of God came thru the Jews.... not the catholic cult!  LoL!

39 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Catholics make all kinds of unScriptural claims, which is amusing, since the catholic denomination isn't mentioned anywhere in the Bible.  It is simply a variation of the Roman empire.

we have been asked not to bash the Catholic Church here.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

God’s Word teaches Christians to correct false doctrine.... so we’re not supposed to mention “catholic” as to protect their doctrine which is very obviously not biblical and is not found in the scriptures?

Is this discussion forum a catholic forum?

Just curious how this works as not calling out their false doctrine is to affirm it as being the truth and as being valid!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,348
  • Content Per Day:  6.44
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

10 minutes ago, B Judson said:
Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

God’s Word teaches Christians to correct false doctrine.... so we’re not supposed to mention “catholic” as to protect their doctrine which is very obviously not biblical and is not found in the scriptures?

Is this discussion forum a catholic forum?

Just curious how this works as not calling out their false doctrine is to affirm it as being the truth and as being valid!

It was told you previously that this is not a "catholic forum," right?  It is not. It is various born-again brothers & sisters wanting to fellowship with each other and share the testimony of Christ.  Christ died for you, me and other posters here and we are not the enemy.

Several have suggested - in various ways on a number of threads - that you just tone down the rhetoric a couple notches, and not position yourself as the accuser of the brethren with guns at the ready. 

We love you bro and hope to have fellowship with you in a civil tone . . .

OK, then this means that one can be a “Christian” and ignore God’s Word, right?

On that note... are Mormons welcome?  Jehovah's witnesses, those that follow the cosmic “christ”?  New agers?  Muzlims? Hundues?

Where does it end?  Is this an ecumenical forum where all religions are welcome like some of the other boards?  Or, is this a Christian form meaning for those that follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles?

It sounds like cover is being given for catholic doctrine which it is!  The catholics don’t following the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles.  It’s simply not in God’s Word.

I didn’t see that in the board rules that catholic teachings are off the table and nobody is allowed to compare catholic teachings to God’s Word.

Is that in the rules?  I’ve seen other posters talk about catholic teachings being false...

1 minute ago, B Judson said:
OK, then this means that one can be a “Christian” and ignore God’s Word, right?

On that note... are Mormons welcome?  Jehovah's witnesses, those that follow the cosmic “christ”?  New agers?  Muzlims? Hundues?

Where does it end?  Is this an ecumenical forum where all religions are welcome like some of the other boards?  Or, is this a Christian form meaning for those that follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles?

It sounds like cover is being given for catholic doctrine which it is!  The catholics don’t following the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles.  It’s simply not in God’s Word.

I didn’t see that in the board rules that catholic teachings are off the table and nobody is allowed to compare catholic teachings to God’s Word.

Is that in the rules?  I’ve seen other posters talk about catholic teachings being false...

Again, I've repeatedly said I've done my fair share of postings about the RCC on here.  It's not that.  It's the accusatory tone with guns a blazing - not only have you gone after catholics, you've gone after brothers & sisters in Christ here for trying to coach you a little.  Try to see that bro.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:33 PM, JimmyB said:

Catholics make all kinds of unScriptural claims, which is amusing, since the catholic denomination isn't mentioned anywhere in the Bible.  It is simply a variation of the Roman empire.

Actually, there is much to that!

How can someone following extra biblical catholic teachings possibly be a Christian?

Just now, B Judson said:

How can someone following extra biblical catholic teachings possibly be a Christian?

What is the definition of a Christian? To me it is someone born-again with the life of Christ in them.  Many catholics haven't received the new birth, but some have.

And born-again ones get into all sorts of things erroneous.  But they are not unborn, so they are still children of God.  Just like the prodigal son who went far off - the father still loved him as his own son.

OK, so we don’t have to go by what Jesus teaches any more?

Christians follow the Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles

Jesus said nobody comes unto the Father except thru Me.... but catholics try to get to God thru mary and thru those that have departed... this is not even close to being acceptable unto the Lord

Based on Jesus' instructions.

Just now, B Judson said:
OK, so we don’t have to go by what Jesus teaches any more?

Christians follow the Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles

Jesus said nobody comes unto the Father except thru Me.... but catholics try to get to God thru mary and thru those that have departed... this is not even close to being acceptable unto the Lord

Based on Jesus' instructions.

I don't disagree, but to have a discussion here there needs to be some back and forth . . .

Do you see that some catholics may have possibly received the new birth?