Sign in to follow this  
n2thelight

Israel and Judah: When Will They Be Reunited?

Just a share

After the death of King Solomon of Israel, the 12 tribes of Israel divided into two kingdoms. Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, became king of the southern kingdom of Judah, which was comprised of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin and much of the tribe of Levi, the tribe that served at the temple. Jeroboam, a former servant of King Solomon, became king of the northern kingdom of Israel, which was comprised of the remaining 10 tribes (1 Kings 11 and 12). Even though all the tribes were descendants of Jacob (also called Israel, Genesis 32:28; 35:10) and were known as Israelites under the single nation with this name, these peoples were now separated into two nations.

The Bible reveals that Israel and Judah will eventually be reunited as one nation. Before we look at this prophecy, consider a brief history of what happened to these two groups of people.

What happened to Israel and Judah?

It is important to note the distinction between the peoples of these two nations: Israel and Judah. While all Jews were Israelites because they were descendants of Jacob (Israel), not all Israelites were Jews. Some Israelites came from tribes other than Judah and Benjamin. Reflecting this distinction, the first time the word Jew appears in the King James Version of the Bible, the nations of Israel and Syria are at war with the “Jews” (2 Kings 16:5-6).

Because of disobedience to His laws, God allowed the northern kingdom of Israel to be taken into captivity by the Assyrians in the eighth century B.C. The Assyrians took these Israelites captive in successive deportations and settled them “in the cities of the Medes” (2 Kings 15:29; 18:9-12). Since this time, these people are known in history as the lost 10 tribes of Israel.

Less than 150 years later, during the sixth century B.C., God allowed the nation of Judah, which likewise continued to sin, to fall to the Babylonian Empire. Many Jews, including the prophet Daniel and his three friends, were taken as captives to Babylon. After 70 years, the Jews were given their freedom and allowed to return to Judah and rebuild the city of Jerusalem and the temple. They were still in their land when the Romans conquered Judea in 63 B.C.

Israel and Judah in the first century

Although there had been some mixing of the peoples of Israel and Judah (2 Kings 18:9-13; 2 Chronicles 34:9) during their respective captivities, during the first century it was still understood that these remained distinct groups of people. Since he was of the tribe of Benjamin, Paul told people that he was both a Jew (Acts 21:39) and an Israelite (Philippians 3:5).

When James wrote his general epistle, he addressed it to “the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad” (James 1:1). Writing during this same time period, the Jewish historian Josephus said, “The entire body of the people of Israel remained in that country [Media]; wherefore there are but two tribes [Judah and Benjamin] in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers” (Antiquities of the Jews, 11.5.2, Complete Works of Flavius Josephus, combined translations of William Whiston, 1867, and the Standard Edition, 1960).

The modern nation of Israel

When the modern nation of Israel was founded in 1948, it was established as a haven for Jews. Some have mistakenly assumed that because its founders chose the name Israel, this nation is now home for all of the descendants of ancient Israel. Several passages in the Bible make it clear that the modern nation of Israel does not represent all of the ancient Israelites.

First, we must realize that the Bible speaks of Abraham’s descendants as being an extremely large number of people—“as the sand of the sea” (Genesis 32:12). With the modern nation of Israel’s population approaching 8 million, compared to the earth’s current population of approximately 7 billion, the belief that the modern nation of Israel represents all of Abraham’s descendants doesn’t adequately respect or do justice to the promise God made to this patriarch. 

Furthermore, Abraham’s descendant Ephraim was prophesied to “become a multitude of nations”; and his brother, Manasseh, a “great” nation (Genesis 48:19). Again, the modern nation of Israel has not fulfilled these biblical prophecies.

Israel and Judah reunited

While delivering prophecies to the ancient peoples of Israel and Judah of the upcoming demise of their nations because of their disobedience to God’s law, several prophets also spoke of a time of restoration after Christ returns to establish the Kingdom of God here on earth.

Jeremiah wrote: “‘In those days and in that time,’ says the LORD, ‘the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together; with continual weeping they shall come, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion, with their faces toward it, saying, “Come and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that will not be forgotten”’” (Jeremiah 50:4-5). This prophecy speaks of both Israel and Judah jointly coming to God.

More explicitly via the use of a visual aid, God revealed through Ezekiel His plan to unite the two nations. “‘As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: “For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.” Then take another stick and write on it, “For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.” Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

“‘And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, “Will you not show us what you mean by these?”—say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.’” … Then say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again’”’” (Ezekiel 37:16-19, 21-22).

The descendants of the ancient Israelites who had been part of the ancient nations of Israel and Judah will be reunited. They will once again be one nation.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/12-tribes-of-israel/israel-and-judah/

Good recap. They will be joined with one king over them. Jesus Christ their Messiah. Onset of the Mill.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hosea says that their reunification will take place in the valley of Jezreel, at the time of Armageddon. 

*[[Hos 1:11]] KJV* Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

The PuP

Good post, in2thelight. 

A lot of people like to deny this truth of the 10 Northern tribes being still scattered among the nations.  They do this because it suits the rapture to heaven of the Church theory, to have all Israel as the current State of Israel, who will have to pass thru the Great Tribulation. 

There are about 160 Bible verses that differentiate between Judah and Israel and when Ezekiel 37:15-26 is read carefully, it is plain they haven't rejoined as yet. 

I believe this great rejoining and Spiritual regeneration, Ezekiel 37:1-14, will happen soon after the Sixth Seal disaster, that will remove all the evil neighbors. Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:14-18, +  Then it will be every faithful Christian who will live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26, +

Great will be the Day!

Hi Keras,

Christians living in the Holy Land as you say is not the topic of the thread as you may have noted.

However, you predict a natural disaster for the Holy Land and then you go as far as to say that Christians will take Jewish lands and live there.

Proposing that Christians would indeed take the land instead of helping them reconstruct their own country .... means opposing Christian morality and Jewish possessions likewise, I think.

Nevertheless, I personally could imagine that some Christians live in the Holy Land *after* Jesus' second coming, when the heavenly Jerusalem is already there, as announced in Revelations 21.

So let's now turn to what you say, to see if it is backed up by scripture:

On 10.4.2018 at 10:17 PM, Keras said:

Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26,

Firstly, Ezekiel 34 speaks about the sheep of Israel, in my opinion. As did Jesus, too, in Mt 10:5 and 6.:

“Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans,
6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Secondly, Isaiah 35:1-10 is about "the ransomed of the Lord" (Isaiah 35:10) returning to the Holy Land. Christians *returning* to Israel wouldn't make sense, I think.

And thirdly, the Romans passage is not about land, at all.

So, I conclude your guesswork about who will live there couldn't be supported by scripture yet.

Regards,
Thomas

Agreed .... Keras has a remake of scripture to suit his own agenda

Much of what he tells is scriptural diversion  

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, thomas t said:

Christians living in the Holy Land as you say is not the topic of the thread as you may have noted.

Maybe you think so, but it is where they will be when the re-unification of Judah and Israel takes place. 

Firstly, Ezekiel 34 speaks about the sheep of Israel, in my opinion. As did Jesus, too, in Mt 10:5 and 6.:

Jesus said He was the Shepherd of His sheep. Who are they? His followers, every faithful Christian. John 10:1-27

Secondly, Isaiah 35:1-10 is about "the ransomed of the Lord" (Isaiah 35:10) returning to the Holy Land. Christians *returning* to Israel wouldn't make sense, I think.

Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the Lord, set free, shall return to Zion.......

WE Christians are ransomed by the blood of Jesus. Every person, be they Jew or Gentile will go to their heritage: the holy Land. Ephesians 3:6, Ephesians 1:11-14, Romans 8:16-18, +

And thirdly, the Romans passage is not about land, at all.

Romans 9:26 In the very place that they [ancient Israel] were told: You are no people of mine, you [Christians, as described in verse 24] will be called the sons of the Living God. 

The actual place is the holy Land, where all the faithful Christians will gather and live in peace and prosperity, as many prophesies prove. 

Christians will occupy the holy Land

Nearly 4000 years ago, God met with Abraham and made an irrevocable Covenant with him: that his descendants would inherit all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:6-20

Later, after the incident at Mt Moriah, Genesis 22:15-18, God promised to make his descendants as numerous as the sands of the sea and they would possess the cities of their enemies.

Immediately, we see the problem with those who say that the Jewish people are all of Israel, because the Jews, who are only 2 of the 12 tribes of the sons of Jacob, have never been really numerous, or have been conquerors.  We see this difference again in the blessings given to the tribes by Jacob: Genesis 48 & 49 and Moses: Deuteronomy 33. Note particularly in Genesis 48:3-4….I shall make you fruitful and increase your descendants until they become a host of nations.

This truth completely removes any idea of the Jewish State of Israel being the sole inheritors of the holy Land. In fact they only occupy a small portion of it and Bible prophecy is clear: because of their apostasy and sins, they will be thrown out. Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7 Amos 2:4-5, +

There can be no argument as to who it will be that does inherit all of the holy Land: it is those whom Jesus came to save: the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 They are the people descended from the 10 tribes that were taken into exile by the Assyrians and have lost the knowledge of their ancestry. Paul talks about this secret of God in Ephesians 3:1-6, where he refers to them as Gentiles. i.e. non Jews.

The Apostles and Josephus knew where they were. Of course the Jews knew about their kin, as we see in John 7:35 and their Rabbis still speculate as to when the tribes will rejoin.

The remnant of Judah, the Messianic Jews, will rejoin with their Christian brothers at the great spiritual regeneration described in Ezekiel 37, Ephesians 2:11-18

Galatians 3:14 God’s purpose in all of this, is so that the Blessings of Abraham should be extended to the Gentiles, so that we can all receive the Spirit through faith.

Ezekiel 11:15-20 The whole people of Israel [the 10 tribes] to whom Judah [the Jews] have said: The Land is now ours to possess. The Lord says: When I sent Israel far away around the world, for a while I was their protector and blessed them wherever they lived. I shall gather My people from their dispersion and give the Land of Israel to them. I will remove their hearts of stone and put a new spirit in them. They will be My people and I will be their God.

This prophecy says how the Jews believe the holy Land is their possession. But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people, the peoples who have been blessed with prosperity and strength. They will be joined by born again Christians from every race, nation and language. Isaiah 56:1-8, Revelation 5:9-10

This will happen soon after the forthcoming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath:

Ezekiel 20:34 By My outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from the nations and gather you from wherever you are dispersed.

Isaiah 41:8-10 Have no fear, My people - the descendants of My friend, Abraham. Galatians 3:29  I have not rejected you, now I summon you from the four corners of the earth; I am with you and will give you strength. 

But not all of those whom God knows are actual Israelites, Amos 9:9, will be allowed to enter the holy Land:

Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall bring you out of the nations and I shall state My case against you. I shall make you pass under the Rod of Judgement. Just as I did in the wilderness of Egypt, so I shall indict you. I will count you as you enter, but those who revolt and rebel, I shall take them from the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot in the holy Land. Thus you will know I am the Lord.

These are plainly stated prophesies, not yet fulfilled, but surely will be.  

Posted (edited)

Hi Keras,

16 hours ago, Keras said:

but it is where they will be when the re-unification of Judah and Israel takes place.

speculation.

Jesus said He was the Shepherd of His sheep. Who are they? His followers, every faithful Christian. John 10:1-27

You failed to adress Mt 10:5 and 6, that I gave you. In this verse Jesus speaks about ...

“Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans,
6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

bolded mine. So, we might conclude, Jesus has plenty of sheep.

Please note that when Ezekiel 34 was written, there are passages in past tense, such as 34:4, so Christian sheep couldn't be meant by this.

WE Christians are ransomed by the blood of Jesus. Every person, be they Jew or Gentile will go to their heritage: the holy Land.

... you failed to adress that Christians, as I told you, don't *return* to the Holy Land currently inhabited by Jews. Please don't let me repeat my postings again and again.

Romans 9:26 In the very place that they [ancient Israel] were told: "You are no people of mine, you [Christians, as described in verse 24]"

Bolded mine. I added quotation marks inside your post, so that the following can be clear:

The 'they' are the Christians, as you say ten words after,... don't you think you're deliberately jumping from one interpretation to the next?

In that very place (which is Israel), they are told something. However, this doesn't mean anything concerning the land itself. That was my next point:

When I go into a shop and someone says I would belong to his family, "you're my brother" or so, this doesn't mean that I own the shop.

Ezekiel 11:15-20 The whole people of Israel [the 10 tribes] to whom Judah [the Jews] have said: The Land is now ours to possess. The Lord says: When I sent Israel far away around the world, for a while I was their protector and blessed them wherever they lived. I shall gather My people from their dispersion and give the Land of Israel to them. I will remove their hearts of stone and put a new spirit in them. They will be My people and I will be their God.

This prophecy says how the Jews believe the holy Land is their possession. But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people,

Here, you're contradicting yourself (bolded mine). Ten tribes or Christian -can't be both.

Galatians 3:14 God’s purpose in all of this, is so that the Blessings of Abraham should be extended to the Gentiles,

Yes. This is clear.

However, Galatians 3:14 doesn't mention land issues as to show that above mentioned blessings will really be or comprise land as you say.

Nearly 4000 years ago, God met with Abraham and made an irrevocable Covenant with him: that his descendants would inherit all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:6-20

Later, after the incident at Mt Moriah, Genesis 22:15-18, God promised to make his descendants as numerous as the sands of the sea

Even if Judah and Benjamin were outnumbered by the ten tribes... combined they are numerous. So I don't follow your conclusions about Christians occupying Jewish lands.

Please note: "to occupy land" can have military connotations...

because of their apostasy and sins, they will be thrown out. Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7 Amos 2:4-5, +

the onus on you to show that mentioned prophecies have not been fulfilled during the defeat against Babylon.

Paul talks about this secret of God in Ephesians 3:1-6, where he refers to them as Gentiles. i.e. non Jews.

This passage indeed does not talk about Israel. It doesn't fit in your analysis concerning Israel.      Ephesians 3: 1-6 is not mentioning land.

But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people, the peoples who have been blessed with prosperity and strength. They will be joined by born again Christians from every race, nation and language. Isaiah 56:1-8,

I doubt it, as I told you. Isaiah 56:1-8 does not mention Christians...

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
punctuation; spelling

On 10/04/2018 at 6:23 AM, n2thelight said:

Just a share

After the death of King Solomon of Israel, the 12 tribes of Israel divided into two kingdoms. Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, became king of the southern kingdom of Judah, which was comprised of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin and much of the tribe of Levi, the tribe that served at the temple. Jeroboam, a former servant of King Solomon, became king of the northern kingdom of Israel, which was comprised of the remaining 10 tribes (1 Kings 11 and 12). Even though all the tribes were descendants of Jacob (also called Israel, Genesis 32:28; 35:10) and were known as Israelites under the single nation with this name, these peoples were now separated into two nations.

The Bible reveals that Israel and Judah will eventually be reunited as one nation. Before we look at this prophecy, consider a brief history of what happened to these two groups of people.

It is important to note the distinction between the peoples of these two nations: Israel and Judah. While all Jews were Israelites because they were descendants of Jacob (Israel), not all Israelites were Jews. Some Israelites came from tribes other than Judah and Benjamin. Reflecting this distinction, the first time the word Jew appears in the King James Version of the Bible, the nations of Israel and Syria are at war with the “Jews” (2 Kings 16:5-6).

On 10/04/2018 at 6:23 AM, n2thelight said:

Just a share

Because of disobedience to His laws, God allowed the northern kingdom of Israel to be taken into captivity by the Assyrians in the eighth century B.C. The Assyrians took these Israelites captive in successive deportations and settled them “in the cities of the Medes” (2 Kings 15:29; 18:9-12). Since this time, these people are known in history as the lost 10 tribes of Israel.

Less than 150 years later, during the sixth century B.C., God allowed the nation of Judah, which likewise continued to sin, to fall to the Babylonian Empire. Many Jews, including the prophet Daniel and his three friends, were taken as captives to Babylon. After 70 years, the Jews were given their freedom and allowed to return to Judah and rebuild the city of Jerusalem and the temple. They were still in their land when the Romans conquered Judea in 63 B.C.

Although there had been some mixing of the peoples of Israel and Judah (2 Kings 18:9-13; 2 Chronicles 34:9) during their respective captivities, during the first century it was still understood that these remained distinct groups of people. Since he was of the tribe of Benjamin, Paul told people that he was both a Jew (Acts 21:39) and an Israelite (Philippians 3:5).

When James wrote his general epistle, he addressed it to “the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad” (James 1:1). Writing during this same time period, the Jewish historian Josephus said, “The entire body of the people of Israel remained in that country [Media]; wherefore there are but two tribes [Judah and Benjamin] in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers” (Antiquities of the Jews, 11.5.2, Complete Works of Flavius Josephus, combined translations of William Whiston, 1867, and the Standard Edition, 1960).

When the modern nation of Israel was founded in 1948, it was established as a haven for Jews. Some have mistakenly assumed that because its founders chose the name Israel, this nation is now home for all of the descendants of ancient Israel. Several passages in the Bible make it clear that the modern nation of Israel does not represent all of the ancient Israelites.

First, we must realize that the Bible speaks of Abraham’s descendants as being an extremely large number of people—“as the sand of the sea” (Genesis 32:12). With the modern nation of Israel’s population approaching 8 million, compared to the earth’s current population of approximately 7 billion, the belief that the modern nation of Israel represents all of Abraham’s descendants doesn’t adequately respect or do justice to the promise God made to this patriarch. 

Furthermore, Abraham’s descendant Ephraim was prophesied to “become a multitude of nations”; and his brother, Manasseh, a “great” nation (Genesis 48:19). Again, the modern nation of Israel has not fulfilled these biblical prophecies.

While delivering prophecies to the ancient peoples of Israel and Judah of the upcoming demise of their nations because of their disobedience to God’s law, several prophets also spoke of a time of restoration after Christ returns to establish the Kingdom of God here on earth.

Jeremiah wrote: “‘In those days and in that time,’ says the LORD, ‘the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together; with continual weeping they shall come, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion, with their faces toward it, saying, “Come and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that will not be forgotten”’” (Jeremiah 50:4-5). This prophecy speaks of both Israel and Judah jointly coming to God.

More explicitly via the use of a visual aid, God revealed through Ezekiel His plan to unite the two nations. “‘As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: “For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.” Then take another stick and write on it, “For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.” Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

“‘And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, “Will you not show us what you mean by these?”—say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.’” … Then say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again’”’” (Ezekiel 37:16-19, 21-22).

The descendants of the ancient Israelites who had been part of the ancient nations of Israel and Judah will be reunited. They will once again be one nation.

When will they be reunited?  The answer is in Revelation 7:2-8. but Dan is not mentioned by a specific reason.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

rWhen will they be reunited?  The answer is in Revelation 7:2-8. but Dan is not mentioned by a specific reason.

I agree.   

Plainly the selection of the 144,000 will happen in the holy Land. Verses 1-3 make that clear.

after that John looked and saw a vast multitude.... Revelation 7:9   John saw the 144,000 in the holy Land, why do people then think the vast multitude are in heaven?  Scripture does not say where they are exactly, but we can see from verses 10-14, how they wave palm branches and are those who have passed thru great tribulation, [Or a great ordeal. REB] that it is obvious and logical that it is from that multitude that the 144,000 come out of and they are all there, in the holy Land. Exactly as prophesied; Ezekiel 34:11=31, Isaiah 35:1-10, Psalm 107

The great ordeal is, of course, the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, as the sequence of Revelation shows.  After all the holy Land area is cleared and cleansed, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, every faithful Christian will go to live there. THAT is our destiny and our privilege. Revelation 5:9-10

Edited by Keras

Sign in to follow this