MorningGlory

The dangers of astral projection....

I have recently become aware that someone I know has been experimenting with astral projection.  Personally, I wouldn't  go within a hundred miles of such a thing but apparently some Christians believe it brings them closer to God. It doesn't!  Astral projection is NOT of God, it's a way for demonic forces to gain entry.  I had to read up on  this to even know what it was but, now that I have, I urge all believers to stay far away from this practice  Very informative article.....

http://walkingintruth.blogspot.com/2005/07/astral-projection-and-diviination-and.html

!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • This is Worthy 2

I can't imagine any Christian thinking this is a godly practice. But I know it happens...

• Thumbs Up 3

When the god is self ,   they will do whatever makes that god feel GOOD .   this is a very empty people .   TRUTH is the ONLY thing that can fulfill us

and with it we are content.   but those who are not ,  will go from experience to experience hoping to FEEL

GOD will keep his own FAR from this stuff.     You ladies be blessed and I love both you sisters .   

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I can't imagine any Christian thinking this is a godly practice. But I know it happens...

A Christian could only get into this stuff if they were blinded and deceived.  I don't even know what to do here.  Talking does no good.  I've been down this road before when a friend believed the orbs she was seeing in her home were visiting 'angels'.  I couldn't do anything then either and just took myself out of the situation.  But if I can warn just ONE person maybe I will have accomplished something.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

When the god is self ,   they will do whatever makes that god feel GOOD .   this is a very empty people .   TRUTH is the ONLY thing that can fulfill us

and with it we are content.   but those who are not ,  will go from experience to experience hoping to FEEL

GOD will keep his own FAR from this stuff.     You ladies be blessed and I love both you sisters .   

Maybe they are just trying to feel but this is an occult practice and we know how God feels about such things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Maybe they are just trying to feel but this is an occult practice and we know how God feels about such things.

It is enormously dangerous spiritually

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

18 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

A Christian could only get into this stuff if they were blinded and deceived.  I don't even know what to do here.  Talking does no good.  I've been down this road before when a friend believed the orbs she was seeing in her home were visiting 'angels'.  I couldn't do anything then either and just took myself out of the situation.  But if I can warn just ONE person maybe I will have accomplished something.  

Usually, those who are stuck in these beliefs and strongholds have past occult involvements (or it is in the family somewhere where there was an open door).  Maybe come at it from another angle... of helping them do some spiritual "weeding" and pray the Lord opens their eyes to the things that are not from Him.  If they're open to Him, then this may be a way to help them without seeming like an attack or criticism. 
In my time coming alongside those coming out of generational occult abuse, that is the most effective strategy ... yet, those who believe they are Christian and still hang on to these things like astral projection, orbs, candles, and "reading" (etc) ... they are the harder ones to help.  Those who come straight out of generational occult or SRA... really, they are the ones who are most open to the truth.  They are sponges, seeking hope and freedom.  In those cases, consistent unconditional love and patience, along with prayer (not judgment or condemnation)  .... are adequate to help them see and accept the truth.   
Just some thoughts.... hope it helps. 
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, other one said:

It is enormously dangerous spiritually

I know.  I read some experiences of people who had gotten deep into this but I can't post that here.  It's vile and disgusting though.  And these people had a hard time breaking free.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

I know.  I read some experiences of people who had gotten deep into this but I can't post that here.  It's vile and disgusting though.  And these people had a hard time breaking free.

and it "ALWAYS" leads to that sooner or later   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

It takes demonic power to leave the body, usually ... or else extreme trauma .... both of those are of course, ungodly.  But as a practice, it requires demonic "help."  It becomes a stronghold. 
  • Thumbs Up 1