UNEVENLY YOKED

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been in a fight with good and evil! I love the Lord and stay in his presence often.  However, I was tricked into believing (kind of) that the guy I started seeing was as much into the Lord as I am.  I kept falling short of God's word by sleeping with him, however, my bright idea was to marry him that way I would not be in sin anymore.  I am now living with the consequences of this actions, he comes home 4 and 5 in the morning, he uses foul language, he expects me to take care of him because of his temper he can't keep a job. I constantly ask him to stop cursing and let us pray and I am greeted with more cursing or an argument with him telling me I want control of his life. I am so miserable and fighting shame of what my family feels and what I have done with my love of God.  I want out of this situation before it is too late.  Should I stay and fight or should I let this go?  I read once that if you marry a sinner you are marrying God's enemy.  Are there any scriptures that could help with this?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I also fell into this deception and suffered with an ungodly husband for many years.  So I concur with the above answer.  Draw very close to God and pray continually.  Attend church by yourself and find a fellowship with older and wiser women who will support your with prayer.  My husband tore up my Bibles and would punch his fist through the wall.  Try to avoid bringing children into this home until after he is saved.  The more I prayed for my husband's salvation the more God changed me into a more Godly wife.  Read 1 Peter 3.  

1Pe 3:1  AMP  IN LIKE manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,

1Pe 3:2  When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him—to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].

1Pe 3:3  Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;

1Pe 3:4  But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which [is not anxious or wrought up, but] is very precious in the sight of God.

But never compromise your faith or your walk with God.  Don't criticize him but love him as he is.  Let God change him in His own time. Ask God to love him through you.  God demonstrates His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  I always figured that he wouldn't be so angry if God weren't after him, so I would rejoice.  He was saved in 1974 and God made him into the husband I had always dreamed of.  He became my prayer partner for over 40 years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1