• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Alan Hales said:

It's not what I say, It's what the Bible teaches, But I know the Catholics aren't allowed to believe the Bible.

And YOU know this exactly How?

The Bible is a Catholic Book my friend. Do some research actual research on the origin of the Bible.

Your understanding is SHOCKINGLY ignorant {uniformed}

God Bless you,

Patrick

8 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Hello,

For a long time, Rome's gospel has differed from the saving gospel of simple trust in Christ. Over 150 NT verses have some variant of "trust Jesus/transfer trust to Jesus from yourself for salvation". Many other verses exclude works and explain the assurance of the believer who has trusted Jesus for salvation.

I'm not a Protestant, but a large part of the Reformation's momentum began when a Catholic monk, studying a passage from Romans 1 inspired by the OT book of Habakkuk, realized that Rome's gospel was different than the Bible's declaration that "the saving gospel says justification comes to us through faith".

The Douay commentary on 2 Peter is unfortunate, because Peter tells us that even though "he was an eyewitness of Jesus, and for a long time, the scriptures are more reliable". Thus, one of the chief passages of scripture that affirms scripture is above Peter's commentary, Peter's personal tradition, and traditions and testimonies as in Peter's own words inspired by God (!), is used to say Rome or another church can alter the teachings of the scriptures, using "tradition" and "authority".

Thank you.

Friend, do yourself and your Soul a huge favor.

Google the history of 

1. The Bible

2. The Roman Catholic Church

The Bible was exclusively a CATHOLIC Book for 1,500 years BEFORE the Protestant revolution.

Once you complete YOU'RE research, we MIGHT have something to discuss

God Bless you,

Patrick

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Patrick, you say that Jesus passed an "original set of faith beliefs" to Catholics?

Well, thats not in the bible..... = go figure.

Actually IT IS; but you have it would seem, denied the grace to see it. {Its right next to the term "bible"

Research the Origin of the Bible and HISTORY and origin of the Roman Catholic Church. Then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

Mt. 28:16-20 

[16] And the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them. [17] And seeing him they adored: but some doubted. [18] And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. [19] Going therefore, TEACH YOU ALL nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded YOU: and behold I am with YOU all days, even to the consummation of the world.

DOUAY BIBLE EXPLANATION [18] "All power": See here the warrant and commission of the apostles and their successors, the bishops and pastors of Christ's church. He received from his Father all power in heaven and in earth: and in virtue of this power, he sends them (even as his Father sent him, St. John 20. 21) to teach and disciple, not one, but all nations; and instruct them in all truths: and that he may assist them effectually in the execution of this commission, he promises to be with them, not for three or four hundred years only, but all days, even to the consummation of the world. How then could the Catholic Church ever go astray; having always with her pastors, as is here promised, Christ himself, who is the way, the truth, and the life. St. John 14."

SO FRIEND IF THIS IS NOT PASSING ON CHRIST FAITH THROUGH HIS APOSTLES; PERHAPS YOU'D BE KIND ENOUGH TO TRANSLATE THIS FOR US.

God Bless you,

Patrick

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

Friend, do yourself and your Soul a huge favor.

Google the history of 

1. The Bible

2. The Roman Catholic Church

The Bible was exclusively a CATHOLIC Book for 1,500 years BEFORE the Protestant revolution.

Once you complete YOU'RE research, we MIGHT have something to discuss

God Bless you,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

One of my degrees is a Bachelor's of Religion with an emphasis on NT studies. When you say "1,500 years":

1) The Reformation did not start with Luther, but much earlier

2) Since Peter was told you are "Petrus, a little pebble, and I, Jesus Christ, am the ROCK," I place the Roman church as starting with Constantine and his mother

One logical possibility, since thousands of the sects you mentioned "all have different doctrines" but ALL never "found" Marian worship, Ex Cathedra, celibate priests and other heinous doctrines--respectfully--these are heinous doctrines to me--in the scriptures, either all of these are deviant, lost sects, that thousands of times started or schism-started based on their adherence to the Bible--or the RCC is wrong.

PS. Again, please don't get angry with me, but if it was "Rome's Bible" you can understand why I find it also heinous to persecute and kill people for daring to want to put Rome's Bible in the hands of Rome's thralls.

I have little problem with the many poor Catholic doctrines, frankly, my problem is they have the wrong gospel. Salvation is by faith, not works, and we can discuss that as brothers even if I'm not as deep in my Catholic studies as you--we're talking about a BIBLE STUDY.

Pushing tradition above BIBLE STUDY is upsetting to me. If you want to convict my conscience, let's go from the Bible, not Douay commentary. I never want to argue again with you the fact that I'm in the universal church without being in the Catholic "universal!" church. Can we talk Bible or not?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

3 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

Friend your looking to argue about things you seem not to know anything about.

I have neither the time nor the energy anymore to do so.

I'm a teacher, not a debater these days

God Bless you

Patrick

If you came hear to be a teacher you came to he wrong place. Jesus has already taught us and we are not deceived.

• Loved it! 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

If you came hear to be a teacher you came to he wrong place. Jesus has already taught us and we are not deceived.

BUT did you actually Learn what Jesus Taught:   Seems not.

John 20:

[24] Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who is called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. [25]The other disciples therefore said to him: We have seen the Lord. But he said to them: Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.

[26] And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said: Peace be to you. [27] Then he saith to Thomas: Put in thy finger hither, and see my hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing.[28] Thomas answered, and said to him: My Lord, and my God. [29] Jesus saith to him: Because thou hast seen me, Thomas, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and have believed. [30] Many other signs also did Jesus in the sight of his disciples, which are not written in this book.

[31] But these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing, you may have life in his name.

Friend, you don't seem to know what you're preaching

Patrick

1 hour ago, Patrick Miron said:

BUT did you actually Learn what Jesus Taught:   Seems not.

John 20:

[24] Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who is called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. [25]The other disciples therefore said to him: We have seen the Lord. But he said to them: Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.

[26] And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said: Peace be to you. [27] Then he saith to Thomas: Put in thy finger hither, and see my hands; and bring hither thy hand, and put it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing.[28] Thomas answered, and said to him: My Lord, and my God. [29] Jesus saith to him: Because thou hast seen me, Thomas, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and have believed. [30] Many other signs also did Jesus in the sight of his disciples, which are not written in this book.

[31] But these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing, you may have life in his name.

Friend, you don't seem to know what you're preaching

Patrick

You need to use scripture not so commonly known. Yes blessed are those who do not see and believe. Jesus rose from the dead that we might have eternal life. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

11 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

Friend your looking to argue about things you seem not to know anything about.

I have neither the time nor the energy anymore to do so.

I'm a teacher, not a debater these days

God Bless you

Patrick

It's you who is arguing with God, You should get your facts right

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

11 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

And YOU know this exactly How?

The Bible is a Catholic Book my friend. Do some research actual research on the origin of the Bible.

Your understanding is SHOCKINGLY ignorant {uniformed}

God Bless you,

Patrick

It was the reformers who gave us the TRUE Bible, NOT the Catholics, You need to get your facts right. I can prove every Catholic tradition wrong, By using the Bible and the Biblical Greek. And I have done many times, I have even proved Catholic apologists wrong, Because the Biblical truths are greater than the Catholic errors.

Can you tell me who is a Catholic. Just when did the church, your church, become Catholic. If Christ or the apostles never spoke the word Catholic as being the divine name for the believers at the birth of the church being Pentecost when was it instituted.   

You seem to throw around that we are ignorant about Catholics and having no understanding. Can you answer this Question. Gives details please.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1