• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

How is it that your suppose to trust God to make things better, but there not. I been trying to trust God to make me better and to make my leg pain go away so I don't have to keep taking aspirin. Maybe God wants me in pain. Maybe God wants me to die or send me to hell. I don't know anymore. How can I trust when he is not helping me to trust him. 

Edited by tigger398
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

You trust period. 

If your trust, your love for Him is based on what He can do for you, then its not wholehearted sold out for Him type of trust. 

Look at the psalms, at how david when he was facing all sorts of turmoil would cry out to the Lord but then He would end with trusting the Lord in all things. 

Its not easy tigs. And sometimes you have to remind yourself over and over again to trust Him, but it is what you have to do. 

Im going through trials now. And its rough. But remember ....

Psalm 23

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

Hi Tigger

Here is some scripture that might help with how you are feeling: 

“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It is on my heart to tel you that sometimes we need to go through some stuff to be shaped into the person God wants us to be. I always think of it like this: if we where made of wood, and to be shaped into something beautiful we need to be grinded, chipped away at and sanded down before we can be polished. So some days and phases in our life, God is merely using a massive grinder to shape us and sometimes He is using a soft buffer. The joy of this is that when He is done, we will be what He wants us to be! 

I hope you understand the anology. 

May peace be with you! You are beautiful! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ah trust. I could go on and on about this. However I will just say that we should not expect brownie points for trusting. It is like faith. We are all given a certain measure of faith, and we have to use it without expecting a pat on the back. 

The disciples said to Yeshua, that they felt their faith was insufficient, "Increase our faith" etc. Yeshua replied that what is impossible with man is possible with God. So faith and trust is really a declaration of intent that we hope God will use and cause to have a good effect.

We are called to Love the Lord. To draw close to Him. So when the alligators are snapping at out heels that is quite a chore. He never said it was easy or would be a continual rose-garden. In fact He said that they hated Me, so expect them to hate you as well.

One thing is sure. The Lord God does not have any kind of plan for us to suffer and feel down. He does not want us to die in sin and go to hell either. Those concepts come from the dark side and should be opposed as such. God is good. All the time!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, tigger398 said:

How is it that your suppose to trust God to make things better, but there not. I been trying to trust God to make me better and to make my leg pain go away so I don't have to keep taking aspirin. Maybe God wants me in pain. Maybe God wants me to die or send me to hell. I don't know anymore. How can I trust when he is not helping me to trust him. 

It helps me to always keep in mind that God is perfect and thus i can trust in Him because He is perfect..

It also helps me not to count on God keeping me from the pain and suffering that goes with being a human in a faulty flesh body on a planet that often throws hardships and disasters upon me..

I trust in what God says He will do for me.. And when it boils down to the basics God says He will Redeem me so that i will not be cast into the eternal lake of fire.. God says He will give me a perfect body upon the day of Resurrection and a perfected spirit so that i will live forever in a perfect state..

I look upon receiving anything extra to those things in this world as being a bonus..

So if God gives me a reprieve from suffering in this world or does not give me a reprieve from suffering in this world neither ending affects my trust in Him.. Because i am not expecting God to keep me from pain and suffering..  I do not believe and trust in God so as to obtain advantage in this world ( Sometimes i do obtain advantage in this world and thats great but thats a bonus)  I believe and trust in God so as to obtain eternal advantage in His perfect Eternal existence.. 

God does not want to send anyone to the eternal lake of fire..  And we should not look at the suffering or advantages we are experiencing in this life as indicators of the quality of our relationship with God in regard to our eternal destiny.. Most of the Apostles suffered greatly and most ended up being killed because of their faith in the LORD Jesus.. But they where loved by God and saved from the judgement to come..

So when we are in pain or suffering sickness we should pray to God for healing and relief.. But we should trust that Gods will in regard to all our requests are good..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, tigger398 said:

Often those most frustrating and painful (be it physical or emotional) times for us are times that God is preparing and changing us.   I used to believe that ministry to others flowed from a position of strength and having it all together ourselves.  I now believe that our most effective ministry comes from walking with people in places that we've walked ourselves.  We maybe did not walk through very gracefully or thankfully and frankly God often had to drag many of us kicking and screaming and whining through those places, but it causes us to change and grow if we let it.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.  (Isaiah 43:1-2 NIV)

God does not promise there will be no fire or waters to walk through, but rather that He will be with us.  Most of us wish that there would be no fire or water, but the presence of fire and water is not an indication that God is not there, but rather that He is teaching us how to swim and do fire walking, and then to be able to teach others to swim and do fire walking.

Hang in there.  Tough situations are often God's way of revealing those things inside of us that need to change.  A refiner heats gold in a furnace until it melts, then the impurities come floating to the surface.   The heat makes the impurities obvious and allows them to be skimmed off and removed.   I am not making light of leg pain.  I did something to my neck and shoulder a few years ago where I could not move (or merely sit still) without pain and there were a few months I was lucky to sleep a few hours at a time at night.  My impression is that your frustration with this situation is perhaps revealing some things about how you feel about God that He wants to work on.  As it turns out, my neck and shoulder stuff never tested my faith much, it was mostly an annoyance to me.  But, I've had other things that don't affect other people (severe panic attacks going to the dentist for checkups) that God used to force me to deal with things that needed to change.  As it turns out, God was showing me that I didn't trust myself in other people's hands which had led me to shut myself off from letting other people minister to me or do things for me.  I had been doing that much of my life, and it was the trips to the dentist God used to get my attention and change it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/11/2018 at 2:21 AM, tigger398 said:

Hi, Sorry that you have chronic pain in your knee.

I ask what makes you think God is having you take aspirin for it? Just a question.

But how about first praying and asking of God; hey what do you think is best  for me, what is Your will, should I be taking aspirin for this or not? How might you heal me, by surgery by  therapy, by acupuncture, by ultra sound, by prayer alone, or maybe just by quiting tennis? Or is my pain to be used for good purpose somehow?

God gives opportunity to trust Him, but I doubt that he is going to beg for it. Nor is he going to do tricks in a dog and pony show of His awesome power. I suggest it is not beneficial to challenge God by stating He is not trustworthy unless he removes a pain.

May I share of my own Christian hero?

Thanks! She is a mighty Christian full of joy, good humor, and good purpose, a teacher of children, married, and has adopted children. All in spite of her pain and deformations of her body. And I  mean pain! She had had most joints operated upon some multiple times as she has suffered artritis since birth. Yet she loves her life, treasures God, and knows there is no pain for her at heaven. How great a joy that is, how much more she can appreciate that, and what an illumination for me as one who suffers such minor pain by comparison.

God has use for our individual pain, least sometimes. He puts it to good use in some of us. It  may  become the vehicle by which one becomes propelled as an excellent witness of the gospel of Jesus. The words and actions  of the saint in Christ Jesus that does have debilitations giving testimony that has deeper meaning for others that get called by the Holy Spirit to repent of their sin against God and learn to rejoice under the Lordship of Jesus as we do, even in our own plight of pains.