• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Chi said:

You guys kinda get mean sometimes. Aren’t we supposed to be patient and kind? 

What meanness ? Where?  No one has been mean in this thread..

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

If nobody has been mean then I apologize for my statement. Sometimes some of the replies seem written in frustration and trying to force someone to understand instead of guiding someone with kindness. 

This is my own opinion and I don’t want to hijack this thread. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Anyone else want to give some input to our Muslim member who is of the opinion that Christians take sin lightly and will sin, because we can ask forgiveness and have a Savior.   Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

we can write in the flesh just as we can walk in the flesh... it will always show earthy and pressed in about now and things of now=all of which passes away... which in itself is telling of what spirit the post is!

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Anyone else want to give some input to our Muslim member who is of the opinion that Christians take sin lightly and will sin, because we can ask forgiveness and have a Savior.   Thanks.

It is a bit of a conundrum.

I recall a catholic at confession. He had gotten drunk and was confessing.

The priest told him to say a few hail Mary's and put five pounds in the poor box.

The guy said he only had a ten pound note - did the priest have change?

The priest said no but - OK, I absolve you of two drunken episodes then - and put the tenner in the box.

----------------------

It is this apparent flippancy that the Muslims object to I think. Saul confessed that the things he did not want to do (sins) were at war in his body and the the things that he did want to do, he did not seem able to do. "Oh wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of flesh..."

We know we are sinners and are ever reminded of it. The fact that we are saved means that the condemnation is not there as Yeshua took that condemnation on His shoulders. We all fall far short of the Glory of God without Yeshua to be our Propitiation and Redeemer. Our deserved death is swallowed up in His Victory.

So when God looks at us He sees on that Mercy Seat the Blood of the Lamb that was sufficient for all the sin of the world. Thus the veil is rent and we can now boldly approach the Throne of Grace thru our Advocate, the Lord Yeshua.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/12/2018 at 10:20 PM, Chi said:

If nobody has been mean then I apologize for my statement. Sometimes some of the replies seem written in frustration and trying to force someone to understand instead of guiding someone with kindness. 

This is my own opinion and I don’t want to hijack this thread. 

It maybe just different personality types or the difference between most male and females when it comes to discussions.. This seems to happen a lot less when i am in a discussion with another man..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Debp said:

If a person continually walks in a sinful lifestyle, then I would think that person never really believed in the Lord at all.   Perhaps they only had a head knowledge of the faith?

Romans 4:8 never stops being in effect for a born again Child of God.

Also, because we are no longer under the law, ( we are under Grace) ( The law came by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus The Christ ) John 1:17 then the law has no authority to declare us to be "sinners".

This is why Paul refers to our carnal acts as "works of the flesh" Galatians 5:19

So, what you have , when you sin, we I sin, or when anyone who is a born again, sins, is someone who is saved, redeemed, and born again, who is not behaving within their discipleship-lifestyle as God would want.

However, He is not going to kick you out of His family because you are a rotten child, He will instead, treat you like a Father who loves you and wants the best for you (will treat you), and give you Hebrews 12:6., which you are going to get anyway, if you are actually Saved.

So, a "sinning Christian", is just a believer who is caught up in works of the flesh, not living for the Lord, and is instead caught up in what this world has to offer.

This person is simply a backslider, and yet, still a Son of God.

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

You know guys, I have been there and done all that. Been 'nominal', been 'semi-empowered', been so very low that I thought the earth might swallow me up. Repented, sinned, prayed over. Submerged in strife and sadness. Battled the many breakdowns, yet still managed to keep going.

Today I got the divorce papers to notarize. So sad how 20 years of hard graft and working sometimes 16 hours a day; travel until you really do not know which day it is... Very, very difficult social environments and still managing to provide. Yet in the end analysis, declared an un-person. Rejected. Really sad.

So I can see that for us this world is not our final resting place. We should expect little peace and no security. We are just travelers and sojourners. We wait with patience for the end of the race and while we do this we try to drag as many as we can out of the fire as we journey on.

It is not our duty to judge but to be a soothing salve on the hurts of others. Sure, we can adroitly step aside when we see strife and evil, but we humans are all on the SAME SIDE. Please understand that everyone we would be tempted to look down on in condemnation is in OUR BOAT. "There but for the Grace of God go I." That thought should be forever uppermost in our hearts of thanksgiving.

• Loved it! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Muslims would be wise to note what the late, great Zola Levitt had to say about their Koran—— it’s a lot like our Bible, only without the New Covenant.The bad news revealed in the Old Testament is that all men are sinners, Muslims  and  non-Muslim alike.All of us humans need some good news.It ain’t gonna be found in the Koran.It will, however be found in the Bible, specifically in the New Testament.For simply believing a promise of God, Found in 1cor15:1-4, God Will give you all the things you have been working for in your religion.your god allah says “do”. Our God says “ done”. If you ever come to understand and live that reality you will blessed for Eternity.I pray that God will give you “eyes to see” His way of Salvation.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, Muslims truly need the scales taken away from their eyes.   No matter how much one explains to some of them, they simply cannot understand...even if one is explaining things very simply.  How true what Jesus said, "If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of Heavenly things?"

• Thumbs Up 2