• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, Betha said:

depends how you read 'deemed'....it means to 'be considered, to be 'under consideration - not yet finally approved.

again we can liken it to purchasing a house...it is NOT yours UNTIL final payment. people try to twist salvation every which way to make it a 'Done Deal' but as we see from a real example we OWN NOTHING UNTIL paid for. 

You may think that does not apply to God who has already done HIS part...and it doesn't, but it applies TO US who are PARTNERS in the Covenant ALSO having to fulfil our small part unto the end.

As long as we believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for our sins we are covered for our sins.. We are deemed righteous as long as we believe and trust in Him.. It is righteousness by Faith.. Not by our deeds,, our works.. It is not like we are under consideration  - not yet finally approved.. We are currently in a state of salvation or we are in a state of damnation.. there is no half way saved or half way damned..

Salvation is not like paying for a house.. Salvation is accepting a gift of a house not by making payments but by believing the gift Giver and trusting in that gift..

We have to keep the Faith and believe Jesus until the day we die.. that's our part of the contract/new covenant ..  If i die this day i know i am saved as i hope you also believe you are saved at this very moment and not worried that you have not yet paid off your house...  Jesus paid the price in full.. All we need do is believe it.. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, Betha said:

friend, when you say 'salvation is not a marathon/race' it would contradict quite a few scriptures that admonish us to 'run the good race until the end  and 'lawfully stay the course in order to be crowned.

even though salvation is a 'promise' of God to start with it is not a 'guarantee assured'....because some could 'fall away'. the race would be 'utterly pointless if everybody already had salvation ...why still run for something you already have ?

Of course we need to run the race.. But we are winners if simply are running no matter when we die.. We are running if we believe Jesus and trust in his atonement.. We are in a state of being saved..  The promise of Jesus is guaranteed / assured if we die today if we believe and have faith in Jesus.. 

Yes if we end up disbelieving Jesus and no longer trusting in His atonement we are fallen away and damned.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Adstar said:

""There is sin leading to death"" That sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

1CORINTHIANS.11:29-32 (NKJV) = 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

ACTS.5:3-6 = 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. 6 And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Splendid observations .....do you have a point you would like to discuss?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Splendid observations .....do you have a point you would like to discuss?

I believe the Lord is patient and long suffering. Many that struggle with addictions may knowingly will fall many times. God intervenes in ways to overcome. I know a man that God helped and now is set free from bondage several years now. There is only one unforgivable Sin.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Rejecting Jesus Christ as Saviour is a sin that will never be forgiven .I think we all agree on that.So if THAT is not the unpardonable sin there must be TWO of them We know there is only one. The Holy Spirit is what has blessed you to go from an unbeliever to a Believer.Rejecting this opening of ones eyes to the Truth of the Gospel is rejecting the Holy Spirit thAt is trying to reveal it to you.It is a blasphemy that will never be forgiven , in my opinion.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Many or most believers have come out of rejecting the Gospel of Jesus Christ at first and they believed later on...

Jesus Christ has die for all, including everyone who has rejected him at first, and decided to believe at a later time, even just before their last breath. It's never too late to believe. 

Jesus is calling to him everyone who has rejected him at first, even their whole lives to changed their mind and believe in him even before their death. 

After death everyone will believe in Jesus Christ, because everyone will bow down to him...and be Judge according to their faith in him before they die.

those who died with faith in them as their Savior inherit Heaven. 

Those who died and had refused to believe in him, they are in their sins and they cannot inherit Heaven. 

Heaven is not for the good people...who have died with their refusal to believe in the one who died for their sins, and this is Jesus Christ.

Heaven belongs to Jesus Christ, and not only for him, but for everyone who believes in him. 

• Praise God! 1

All manner of Sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven, but the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to say Jesus is evil, and this can neve be forgiven. It does not say some one can reject but latter change his thinking to believe in Him. Because one has rejected Jesus does not mean that they can never be forgiven 

Luke 12: 8-10  KJ I tell you whosever acknowledges me before men the son of man will also acknowledge him before the angels of heaven, But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Ghost will never be forgiven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, Debp said:

If we truly have believed on the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior, we seek to walk with Him....walk in a godly manner in our daily life.   There might be times that we do slip and fall...however, if we really know the Lord, we are sorry for any sins and will confess them and seek to forsake the sins.  Because to sin causes grief in our hearts as believers.

If a person continually walks in a sinful lifestyle, then I would think that person never really believed in the Lord at all.   Perhaps they only had a head knowledge of the faith?

A dicey area for us as believers yet "sinners" to issue proclamations in , yet one that exists no doubt  .

Clearly there are circumstances where there is almost no doubt that someone may be falsely professing fellowship with Christ , but my experience is that would be the exception and not the rule .

Far more likely to come upon a brother or sister who has fallen out of fellowship into sin  , but not out of salvation . 

The most telling clue in getting to the bottom of it  I have found to be is does the person seem to derive a sense of pleasure or happiness in the sin or are they miserable in it ?

I always try to bear in mind when confronting such situations that the only man God ever proclaimed to be  " AFTER HIS OWN HEART  "  remained   " CONTINUALLY "  in his sin 

of murder & adultery  for at least one year if not longer . 

Is one year   " continually "  ? 

What about 4 months & 7 days ? 

Did David just slip in under the wire at 1 year ? 

It was God that directed and guided Nathen the prophet in this matter of one fallen out of fellowship and we need to let God take charge of our words & actions in all these circumstances 

lest we fall as well .

" Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on Thee . "      ( Isaiah 26 : 3 )

Edited by Unfailing Presence
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

A dicey area for us as believers yet "sinners" to issue proclamations in , yet one that exists no doubt  .

Clearly there are circumstances where there is almost no doubt that someone may be falsely professing fellowship with Christ , but my experience is that would be the exception and not the rule .

Far more likely to come upon a brother or sister who has fallen out of fellowship into sin  , but not out of salvation . 

The most telling clue in getting to the bottom of it  I have found to be is does the person seem to derive a sense of pleasure or happiness in the sin or are they miserable in it ?

I always try to bear in mind when confronting such situations that the only man God ever proclaimed to be  " AFTER HIS OWN HEART  "  remained   " CONTINUALLY "  in his sin 

of murder & adultery  for at least one year if not longer . 

It was God that directed and guided Nathen the prophet in this matter of one fallen out of fellowship and we need to let God take charge of our words & actions in all these circumstances 

lest we fall as well .

" Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on Thee . "      ( Isaiah 26 : 3 )

I doubt that if A person seeks out Jesus is happy in their sin. Its been some now and I am happy and thankful to be free. I was always on my knees every morning. And many times Jesus let me know through my devotion which I read every day the lessen would exactly  about how I was praying, like he was right there next to me. How ever my addiction was still there. The Lord finally brought certain things into my life and through them I was set free. I thank God every day. Jesus has become so much a part of my life There's no turning back. Praise Him 

An addict is driven by a madness that tells them they can do what one does not want to do. Justifying for the moment but after comes sorrow. If any here that has been an addict they no what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1