Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

If we truly have believed on the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior, we seek to walk with Him....walk in a godly manner in our daily life.   There might be times that we do slip and fall...however, if we really know the Lord, we are sorry for any sins and will confess them and seek to forsake the sins.  Because to sin causes grief in our hearts as believers.

If a person continually walks in a sinful lifestyle, then I would think that person never really believed in the Lord at all.   Perhaps they only had a head knowledge of the faith?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

2 minutes ago, Debp said:

If we truly have believed on the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior, we seek to walk with Him....walk in a godly manner in our daily life.   There might be times that we do slip and fall...however, if we really know the Lord, we are sorry for any sins and will confess them and seek to forsake the sins.  Because to sin causes grief in our hearts as believers.

If a person continually walks in a sinful lifestyle, then I would think that person never really believed in the Lord at all.   Perhaps they only had a head knowledge of the faith?

I think they never truly committed, they may have learnt and gained knowledge about the Word and the Truth but they never gave their hearts over. 

It can sometimes be challenging to say no to the sin but it feels good to say no. It feels good to not sin. 

““Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Have you ceased from all sin? 

If no then your second statement is condemning you as a person who never really believed in the LORD at all..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Sometimes we oversimplify the complex. If we look at the Revelations, there are many ideas concerning the seven churches, and how some of them might improve. There is much in the scriptures about ridding yourself of leaven.

It is so easy to point a finger of accusal. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

If we endeavor to successfully 'keep our noses clean' we might say we are living an unleavened life. Problem is, there is an invisible line between unleavened and leavened. Yeshua instructed His disciples to beware the leaven of the Pharisees. He was indicating that the scriptures they purported to follow were seasoned with a sprinkling of leaven (their ungodliness). The scripture was 'correct' but their use of it was not. Their actions and intents belied the truth they were supposed to share. Once we cross that invisible line by judging our fellows we are in great danger of moving from unleavened living and joining the masses in the unleavened camp. 

That is probably why we are cautioned in this way: "You that are spiritual, in humility, bring the wanderer back, taking care that you do not fall also into sin". The problem with leaven as described here is similar to deception - you are completely unaware of its tendrils.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Personal relationship is not about do and get... it is about allowing The Resource of Life and Godliness to flow out to others and the result will be an intimacy of watching God work through you to others... there is nothing like it in this world and that fact alone establishes the faith beyond this life to the next!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

7 hours ago, Adstar said:

Have you ceased from all sin? 

If no then your second statement is condemning you as a person who never really believed in the LORD at all..

Let me clarify my statement.....I meant a person who continually walks in sin as a daily thing, a way of life....no change at all in their lives.

I started this topic to help answer a Muslim on the forum who thought because Jesus forgives our sins, he thought that Christians just keep deliberately sinning because of that. 

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Debp said:

Let me clarify my statement.....I meant a person who continually walks in sin as a daily thing, a way of life....no change at all in their lives.

I started this topic to help answer a Muslim on the forum who thought because Jesus forgives our sins, he thought that Christians just keep deliberately sinning because of that. 

So if you sin a sin every day you are not saved? 

What if you sin a sin every second day?

Or every third day?

The Bible says that if a person wilfully sins then there is not more atonement for our sins..

Hebrews 10: KJV

"{26} For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

Wilfull sin is sin done with an in your face attitude towards God.. Meaning sin done with pride.. Sin that is done with the attitude that it is not sin at all but something good..

12 minutes ago, Adstar said:

So if you sin a sin every day you are not saved? 

What if you sin a sin every second day?

Or every third day?

The Bible says that if a person wilfully sins then there is not more atonement for our sins..

Hebrews 10: KJV

"{26} For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

Wilfull sin is sin done with an in your face attitude towards God.. Meaning sin done with pride.. Sin that is done with the attitude that it is not sin at all but something good..

Brother, I don't know why you are misunderstanding my statements.    I am trying to help a Muslim realize that just because Jesus is our Savior doesn't mean we take sin lightly.   He thought because we have a Savior that we would just keep sinning and wouldn't care.  Perhaps you can address him rather than me?

As I said previously, if a person claims to be a Christian but continually walks in sin and there is absolutely no change in their lives, they probably were never born again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Brother, I don't know why you are misunderstanding my statements.    I am trying to help a Muslim realize that just because Jesus is our Savior doesn't mean we take sin lightly.   He thought because we have a Savior that we would just keep sinning and wouldn't care.  Perhaps you can address him rather than me?

As I said previously, if a person claims to be a Christian but continually walks in sin and there is absolutely no change in their lives, they probably were never born again.

And i cannot understand why you are not reading and considering what i am sharing with you...   Why you cannot take correction..

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

You guys kinda get mean sometimes. Aren’t we supposed to be patient and kind? 

• Loved it! 1