• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

I doubt that if A person seeks out Jesus is happy in their sin. Its been some now and I am happy and thankful to be free. I was always on my knees every morning. And many times Jesus let me know through my devotion which I read every day the lessen would exactly  about how I was praying, like he was right there next to me. How ever my addiction was still there. The Lord finally brought certain things into my life and through them I was set free. I thank God every day. Jesus has become so much a part of my life There's no turning back. Praise Him 

An addict is driven by a madness that tells them they can do what one does not want to do. Justifying for the moment but after comes sorrow. If any here that has been an addict they no what I'm talking about. 

Always inspiring to hear another prodigal story such as my own  .   God Bless you & Happy Thanksgiving .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

30 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Always inspiring to hear another prodigal story such as my own  .   God Bless you & Happy Thanksgiving .

And bless you to as well

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I doubt that if A person seeks out Jesus is happy in their sin. Its been some now and I am happy and thankful to be free. I was always on my knees every morning. And many times Jesus let me know through my devotion which I read every day the lessen would exactly  about how I was praying, like he was right there next to me. How ever my addiction was still there. The Lord finally brought certain things into my life and through them I was set free. I thank God every day. Jesus has become so much a part of my life There's no turning back. Praise Him 

An addict is driven by a madness that tells them they can do what one does not want to do. Justifying for the moment but after comes sorrow. If any here that has been an addict they no what I'm talking about. 

“ there is pleasure in sin—— for a season” That is perhaps Satan’s most successful trick.As a young Believer I still enjoyed sinning very much, If we did not enjoy our sins, it would not be a problem at all.It was what happened AFTER the sinning that convinced me it was not worth it.That is God’s transforming power that changes one from the inside out. Somebody can stand behind us and beat us with a whip to keep the sin from happenning in the first place but that does not affect the DESIRE.......that is what God is after.We can change the outside of the cup to fool many and look like good little Christians .Hypocrasy starts at this very point.Trusting God to do what He said He would do is real faith.REAL Christianity too.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ there is pleasure in sin—— for a season” That is perhaps Satan’s most successful trick.As a young Believer I still enjoyed sinning very much, If we did not enjoy our sins, it would not be a problem at all.It was what happened AFTER the sinning that convinced me it was not worth it.That is God’s transforming power that changes one from the inside out. Somebody can stand behind us and beat us with a whip to keep the sin from happenning in the first place but that does not affect the DESIRE.......that is what God is after.We can change the outside of the cup to fool many and look like good little Christians .Hypocrasy starts at this very point.

Are you advocating that new Gentile Christians should submit to their pleasurable or fleshly desires to commit sins so that they will be convinced to not sin.? If so, that's a dangerous advocate or teaching. It's like telling kids to play with fire so that they will not play with fire after getting burned with fire. Maybe, new Gentile Christians should also try murder so that they will learn and be convinced not to murder.

Some pleasurable sins are not recoverable or are irreversible, eg sorcery/witchcraft, AIDS and drug addiction, including prescription pills and alcohol(1JOHN.5:16-17, 1COR.11:30). Don't even try them, eg the pleasures of taking marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc and having immoral sex.

What does the Word of God says.? At ACTS.15:24-29, God/Jesus required new Gentile Christians to begin their born-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 easy or non-burdensome laws of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animal sacrifices, foods/things offered to idols and sexual immorality = minimum legal requirement. They are then given time to gradually learn to keep the other laws of Moses which are not a burden(1COR.3:1-3), esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20, LEVITICUS.10:9 & 18:22-29, DEUTERONOMY.18:9-14, etc. Otherwise, bad things will happen to them for "we reap what we sow".

In comparison, Jewish Christians are required by God/Jesus to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

Eg, Gentile Christians should still avoid homosexuality/sexual immorality but can continue to eat non-kosher foods because the former is not a burden but the latter is a burden(ie it's a burden for them to keep the kosher/clean food laws).

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Are you advocating that new Gentile Christians should submit to their pleasurable or fleshly desires to commit sins so that they will be convinced to not sin.? If so, that's a dangerous advocate or teaching. It's like telling kids to play with fire so that they will not play with fire after getting burned with fire. Maybe, new Gentile Christians should also try murder so that they will learn and be convinced not to murder.

Some pleasurable sins are not recoverable or are irreversible, eg sorcery/witchcraft, AIDS and drug addiction, including prescription pills and alcohol(1JOHN.5:16-17, 1COR.11:30). Don't even try them, eg the pleasures of taking marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc and having immoral sex.

What does the Word of God says.? At ACTS.15:24-29, God/Jesus required new Gentile Christians to begin their born-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 easy or non-burdensome laws of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animal sacrifices, foods/things offered to idols and sexual immorality = minimum legal requirement. They are then given time to gradually learn to keep the other laws of Moses which are not a burden(1COR.3:1-3), esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20, LEVITICUS.10:9 & 18:22-29, DEUTERONOMY.18:9-14, etc. Otherwise, bad things will happen to them for "we reap what we sow".

In comparison, Jewish Christians are required by God/Jesus to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

Eg, Gentile Christians should still avoid homosexuality/sexual immorality but can continue to eat non-kosher foods because the former is not a burden but the latter is a burden(ie it's a burden for them to keep the kosher/clean food laws).

Gal 3:28......”There is no longer Jew or Gentile.... for you are all one in Christ Jesus” Where do you get this “ gentile sin” hogwash? 

As far as advocating sin goes .....if you actually think that is what I am saying, there is not any reason for us to converse.Give me a break.

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Gal 3:28......”There is no longer Jew or Gentile.... for you are all one in Christ Jesus” Where do you get this “ gentile sin” hogwash? 

ROMANS.11: (NKJV) = Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? ...

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

As far as advocating sin goes .....if you actually think that is what I am saying, there is not any reason for us to converse.Give me a break.

HEBREWS.6:1-8 = The Peril of Not Progressing

6 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

MATTHEW.7:15-23 = You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ there is pleasure in sin—— for a season” That is perhaps Satan’s most successful trick.As a young Believer I still enjoyed sinning very much, If we did not enjoy our sins, it would not be a problem at all.It was what happened AFTER the sinning that convinced me it was not worth it.That is God’s transforming power that changes one from the inside out. Somebody can stand behind us and beat us with a whip to keep the sin from happenning in the first place but that does not affect the DESIRE.......that is what God is after.We can change the outside of the cup to fool many and look like good little Christians .Hypocrasy starts at this very point.Trusting God to do what He said He would do is real faith.REAL Christianity too.

1CORINTHIANS.5:1-8 (NKJV) = Immorality Defiles the Church

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Debp said:

If we truly have believed on the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior, we seek to walk with Him....walk in a godly manner in our daily life.   There might be times that we do slip and fall...however, if we really know the Lord, we are sorry for any sins and will confess them and seek to forsake the sins.  Because to sin causes grief in our hearts as believers.

If a person continually walks in a sinful lifestyle, then I would think that person never really believed in the Lord at all.   Perhaps they only had a head knowledge of the faith?

You have to be born again. The lord said you must be born again. A new life has to be formed in you. Then you can walk in righteousness. If one lives in sin he was not born of God 1 john.

• Thumbs Up 1