• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

IDOLATRY.

This is MAKING IMAGES.

The Catholic Council of Trent declares that: "It is lawful to have images in the church and to give honour and worship to them. ... Images are put in churches that they may be worshipped."

The Oxford dictionary defines an idol as: "An image used as an object of worship. A person or thing that is the object of excessive devotion." An Idolater is a devoted admirer of idols.

Answer: What does the Bible say about images and idols?

1. Exodus 20:4, 5.

a) Thou shalt not MAKE unto thee ANY graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

b) Thou shalt not BOW DOWN thyself to them.

c) Nor SERVE them.

If you make any graven image you’ve broken this commandment, whether you worship it or not.

Question 1: Do Catholics MAKE graven images? Yes.
Question 2: Do Catholics KNEEL down to statues of Mary or Jesus? Yes.
Question 3: Do Catholics SERVE Mary? Yes, as in "Legion of Mary."

2. Leviticus 26:1.

a) "You shall make you NO IDOLS nor GRAVEN IMAGE.
b) Neither rear you up a STANDING IMAGE.
c) Neither shall ye set up any IMAGE OF STONE in your land to bow down unto it."

Question 4: Do Catholics rear up STANDING IMAGES? Yes.

Question 5: Do Catholics set up any IMAGE OF STONE? Yes.

3. Deuteronomy 4:16. "Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and MAKE you a GRAVEN IMAGE, the similitude of ANY FIGURE, the likeness of MALE or FEMALE."

Question 6: Do Catholics make graven images of MALE or FEMALE? Yes.

Mary is a female. Jesus and the apostles are males.

4. Deuteronomy 16:22. "Neither shalt thou SET thee UP ANY IMAGE: which the Lord thy God HATES."

Question 7: Do Catholics SET UP ANY IMAGES? Yes.

Question 8: Does God HATE IMAGES? Yes.

5. 1 Thessalonians 1:9. "How ye turned to God FROM IDOLS to serve the living and true God."

Question 9: Did the early Christians turn FROM IDOLS? Yes.

6. Deuteronomy 27:15. "CURSED be the man that MAKES ANY GRAVEN or MOLTEN IMAGE, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place."

Question 10: Does God put a curse on any person that makes any image? Yes.

Question 11: Why does God call an image an ABOMINATION? Because He hates it.

7. Isaiah 40:18,19. "To whom then will ye liken God? or what LIKENESS will ye compare unto him? The workman melteth a graven image"

Note: God has no visible form and we cannot liken him to any material object.

The Catholic answer is that they say that they do not worship images. God's reply is not to MAKE IMAGES.

8. The early Christians had NO IMAGES.

Early Christian writers such as Irenaeus, Clement, Cyprian, Athanasius, and Jerome, wrote strongly AGAINST images, statues and any manner of prayer or veneration regarding them. The Council of Constantinople in 381 AD voted unanimously to remove all images from the churches.

9. The Catholic church removes the second commandment against MAKING graven images from the list of 10 Commandments in Exodus 20:1-17. This presents them with the problem of only having 9 commandments. They resolve this problem by splitting commandment number 10 into 9 and 10 as follows:

9. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife.

10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s goods.

This is seen in the book "A brief summary of the Ten Commandments" by the Daughters of St. Paul, p.12,13:

WHAT ARE THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD?

The Catholic Catechism The Bible

The Commandments of God are these ten:

"I am the Lord your God:
1. You shall not have strange Gods before me. 1. No other gods.
[omitted] 2. No Graven Images.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord 3. Don’t take God’s Name in vain.
your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's day. 4. Keep Sabbath Day Holy.
4. Honor your father and your mother. 5. Honour Father and Mother.
5. You shall not kill. 6. Don’t Murder.
6. You shall not commit adultery. 7. Don’t Commit Adultery.
7. You shall not steal. 8. Don’t Steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness 9. Don’t bear False Witness.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife. 10. Don’t Covet.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour's goods." Exodus 20:1-17.

The number Two Commandment should be “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.” 20:4
Check your Catechism to see if they have left it out.

Question: Why do you think they left it out?

10. Every Catholic institution has images of Mary, Jesus, male and female figures.

An example of this are two statues at the French Papal Palace of Avignon, one of Jesus about 10 metres above ground level, and the other is an enormous statue of Mary, much larger, grander and higher up than that of Jesus. This gives greater honour to Mary than to Jesus. It also clearly breaks the second commandment forbidding making images of things in heaven.

Question: Who do we believe, the Word of God or the Catholic Church?

"We ought to obey God, rather than men." Acts 5:29.

catholic_idolaters.jpg

pope_dope.jpg

popepray.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

HUGE SMILE HERE!

Seems to me that I recall Yahweh {GOD} commanding Moses not once, but twice to build for HIM Idols.

The Cherubim for the Ark  

Put a SERPENT on a Pole for people to look at {and by the way it was they would be saved}

So WHATS UP with that my friend?

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/16/2018 at 8:36 PM, Patrick Miron said:

HUGE SMILE HERE!

Seems to me that I recall Yahweh {GOD} commanding Moses not once, but twice to build for HIM Idols.

The Cherubim for the Ark  

Put a SERPENT on a Pole for people to look at {and by the way it was they would be saved}

So WHATS UP with that my friend?

Easter Blessings,

Patrick 

We cannot denied the event in the dessert, what took place, and why their Lord ( remember to say their Lord), hope you understand why , asked Moses to make the image of the snake IN BRONZE, and what he asked them to do, and what he asked Moses to do with the Serpant's image after wards and why, what was the meaning. 

And this was not the first time the Lord got into the Snakes. 

The other time it was with the Farao priests, at the very first visit to the Palace. 

The Lord also asked them to make images of Pomegrants all over the place in the Temple. 

And how about their "moon" holidays......

Your ha ha it has a place but not the last place, I lauph also. 

See how I am going to mellow the Catholics, but I do not exsuse what they do, if you can stay away from them.

If they believe in Jesus CHRIST they are saved in his name, and they must if they participate in the stations of the Cross and they believe. 

Jesus CHRIST did not speak against images, but he made some very profound statements. 

He said to the Samaritans who were not following the Lord God in the relocation of the Temple, "you do not know what you are doing", and JESUS says the same thing to the Jews today" you do not know what you are doing", because they did not follow the Temple to the knew location", 

Because the Lord had promise to build a Temple himself. 

Just the time when the rebuild the Temple, after their exile. 

PAUL'S famous guote, you are the Temple of the Holy Ghost, this is the same as Jesus said: the time is coming that the truth worshipers sall worship in Spirit and in truth. 

If someone understand this will never feel the need to bow down to an image of a saint. 

He will understand that been the Temple of the Holy Spirit, will try to distance from other Spirits, as one of them is the Spirit of the Catholic Church. 

Which preach Jesus as the CHRIST, and then introduce some things to keep the children of JESUS CHRIST in their captivity. And away from Jesus, in distance only.

Judge for your self

Hmmmm. What evidence do you have of your "other time"?

16 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The other time it was with the Farao priests, at the very first visit to the Palace. 

The Lord also asked them to make images of Pomegrants all over the place in the Temple. 

And how about their "moon" holidays...

Hmmmm. What evidence can YOU share of this?

The "other time" was Yahweh's COMMAND to build ANGELS on top of the Ark.

Thanks and Easter Blessings

Patrick

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

Patrick

There is a difference, the Lord did not asked them to worship any images of angels. 

And the Lord God could not be in their homes in the form of an idol and be worship , the worship of the Lord it was done only in the Temple, with the priest, the people remained outside of the Holy Place......

This is why if they had to offer I thing a burned sacrifice or do some inquiries they were looking for a priest who had an ephode......

This is why Jesus said: the truth worshipers shall worship in spirit and in truth. This could happened only after the death of JESUS CHRIST. 

Because as Paul explained that we are the Temple of God. 

The Catholics may not have the images of strange creatures to bow down as the idolaters did. 

They have the images of the Saint's, they are their patron saint, and they call upon their name for anything they need, 

This is spiritually unhealthy, and they are misguided. 

And they are missing out in many blessings, and the have given them selfs to strange doctrines.

Jesus never said that we need someone else to pray for us to have our sins forgiven. 

The bow down to status and some time strange status, how to you know if a strange spirit has not taken control of this statute and vexes with deceptive masages the people, to have devotes, and most of the time if not all with threats, of bad luck or sickness. 

If you are in a situation like that get out. Turn only to Jesus, all we need is JESUS CHRIST. 

I have Catholic relatives, they believe in Jesus CHRIST they celebrate Easter with the most deep devotion. 

They belong to JESUS CHRIST, they are not lost. They are saved.

Sometimes I think I disturbed them, then I better leave them alone, and joing them when they make the Cross, if not they made pray for me and my sins, they see it as a sin. 

I learned from Paul, if they are vegetarians, eat vegetables when you are with them, or don't go there.

But then you have both weddings and other celebrations you want to be with them , like EASTER, 

Happy Easter to you to, blessings 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

Patrick

Are you saying that God's command to Moses was WRONG? 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/11/2018 at 11:55 PM, KiwiChristian said:

catholic_idolaters.jpg

pope_dope.jpg

popepray.jpg

Even though everyone KNOWS they pray to Mary and worship her as 'Queen of Heaven', Catholics will deny this until the cows come home.  I have been to Catholic mass and have seen it with my own eyes.  Still they deny.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Even though everyone KNOWS they pray to Mary and worship her as 'Queen of Heaven', Catholics will deny this until the cows come home.  I have been to Catholic mass and have seen it with my own eyes.  Still they deny.

They re-define definition of words to justify their sin.

16 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Are you saying that God's command to Moses was WRONG? 

Absolutely........ NOT!

My friend, HOW did you reach that conclusion by my POST?

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

16 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I dear friend in Christ Jesus our LORD.

Your eye's deceive you. {the photo's of Catholics praying THROUGH Mary and the Saints....

You see what YOU want to see and wish to be true; NOT what is actually taking place.

FROM OUR CATHOLIC CATECHISM

2135 "You shall worship the Lord your God" (Mt 4:10). Adoring God, praying to him, offering him the worship that belongs to him, fulfilling the promises and vows made to him are acts of the virtue of religion which fall under obedience to the first commandment.

2112 The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, [of] silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them." God, however, is the "living God" who gives life and intervenes in history.

2105 The duty of offering God genuine worship concerns man both individually and socially. This is "the traditional Catholic teaching on the moral duty of individuals and societies toward the true religion and the one Church of Christ." By constantly evangelizing men, the Church works toward enabling them "to infuse the Christian spirit into the mentality and mores, laws and structures of the communities in which [they] live." The social duty of Christians is to respect and awaken in each man the love of the true and the good. It requires them to make known the worship of the one true religion which subsists in the Catholic and apostolic Church. Christians are called to be the light of the world. Thus, the Church shows forth the kingship of Christ over all creation and in particular over human societies.

2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon." Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast" refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God

1192 Sacred images in our churches and homes are intended to awaken and nourish our faith in the mystery of Christ. Through the icon of Christ and his works of salvation, it is he whom we adore. Through sacred images of the holy Mother of God, of the angels and of the saints, we venerate the persons represented.

Catholic-“WORSHIP” is reserved to GOD alone!

“Veneration” and or “Reverencing” ARE the correct TERMS for Catholics and Mary and the Saints. My friend, if you’d like to know WHY we Catholics do this; please ask and I’ll explain it. IN THE MEAN TIME God would appreciate your stopping SLANDERING His Church.

Easter Blessings,

Patrick