• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Listening to Moses and the prophets is not limited to audible listening, but to reading the Bible and reading it on a daily basis.  That is how they speak to us today and we listen to the Holy Spirit who illuminates the Scriptures to us.   To tell people they should not read the Scriptures daily is antithetical to the authentic Christian faith.

where in the Bible do you see/find (literally) exhortation to systematic reading of scripture?! - i again remind you here that there is speech about listening in the Bible (including in the parable of the rich pharisee and the poor man where there is even no mention of reading)

Deuteronomy 27:9 (ISV) "Be quiet and listen, Israel! Today you have become the people of the LORD your God."

you know reading is not quiet and doesn't necessarily include submission/obedience

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

They do not answer to you. You have no authority here.  You are a guest on this forum and you can be removed from this forum if you are not careful.   You need to lose your arrogance and pride.  Their dispute with you is not with God.

So again, if you want to know why your posts were deleted, then you need to go to the mods in private and they will explain why your behavior was such that the posts needed to be deleted.

i don't come as an authority, the One Who is really the true Lord God is the supreme authority, namely the biblical God, the Heavenly Father, plus His Son, Jesus Christ - either we conform with His recommendations or we can fall from grace and even go to hell if we commit lawlessness - from this perspective, neither will i be able to save them, nor will they be able to save me, if we commit lawlessness against Him by bringing sin and death to the world

Blessings

• Praying! 1

Guest shiloh357
38 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

where in the Bible do you see/find (literally) exhortation to systematic reading of scripture?! - i again remind you here that there is speech about listening in the Bible (including in the parable of the rich pharisee and the poor man where there is even no mention of reading)

Deuteronomy 27:9 (ISV) "Be quiet and listen, Israel! Today you have become the people of the LORD your God."

you know reading is not quiet and doesn't necessarily include submission/obedience

Reading the Bible daily is not "systematic."  You are misusing that term.  Systematic reading has to do with methodology not frequency.   And reading the Bible is how we "listen" to it.  More to the point, we listen as the Holy Spirit illuminates it in our heart.  We meditate on it day and night (Psalm 1:3)

i don't come as an authority, the One Who is really the true Lord God is the supreme authority, namely the biblical God, the Heavenly Father, plus His Son, Jesus Christ - either we conform with His recommendations or we can fall from grace and even go to hell if we commit lawlessness - from this perspective, neither will i be able to save them, nor will they be able to save me, if we commit lawlessness against Him by bringing sin and death to the world

Blessings

Deleting your posts isn't bringing sin and death to the world and it isn't lawlessness. And the mods don't need to be saved by you.  The problem is that you are suffering from wounded pride. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

2 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

where in the Bible do you see/find (literally) exhortation to systematic reading of scripture?!

Act 17:10  Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 
Act 17:11  These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. 

The bereans were certainly praised for searching the scriptures every day.

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 
2Ti 3:17  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NKJV)

Paul also says here, explicitly, that to be a complete man of God, understanding of the scriptures is necessary, that it is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, instruction in righteousness, and to be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The most literal understanding of the greek underlying this phrase "given by inspiration of God" here - theopneustos - is literally "God breathed." Why on earth would people avoid diligently studying the God breathed word that has been preserved for us by God himself.

Isa 40:8  The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."

Edited by Steve_S
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To the very point

Rom 15:4-6
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

On 4/15/2018 at 2:16 AM, shiloh357 said:

Reading the Bible daily is not "systematic."  You are misusing that term.  Systematic reading has to do with methodology not frequency.   And reading the Bible is how we "listen" to it.  More to the point, we listen as the Holy Spirit illuminates it in our heart.  We meditate on it day and night (Psalm 1:3)

according to the dictionaries, besides methodical, "systematic" also means according to a plan(schedule), or regular - furthermore, a plan to read the Bible every day or to re-read it multiple times is also a method

religious worshipers have had also to examine spirits through the process of exercising/practicing the faith righteously, because the Holy Spirit has worked principally in such people

On 4/15/2018 at 2:16 AM, shiloh357 said:

Deleting your posts isn't bringing sin and death to the world and it isn't lawlessness. And the mods don't need to be saved by you.  The problem is that you are suffering from wounded pride.

every act of preventing people from understanding how to do the will of the true Lord God or how to repent of sin is lawlessness - even the act of dishonoring a true brother in faith or his testimony is lawlessness (Exodus 20:12, Matthew 12:46-50)

Blessings

On 4/15/2018 at 3:39 AM, Steve_S said:

Act 17:10  Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 
Act 17:11  These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. 

The bereans were certainly praised for searching the scriptures every day.

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 
2Ti 3:17  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NKJV)

Paul also says here, explicitly, that to be a complete man of God, understanding of the scriptures is necessary, that it is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, instruction in righteousness, and to be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The most literal understanding of the greek underlying this phrase "given by inspiration of God" here - theopneustos - is literally "God breathed." Why on earth would people avoid diligently studying the God breathed word that has been preserved for us by God himself.

Isa 40:8  The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."

let us also not miss taking into account cautionary verses and passages such as the following:

1 Corinthians 1:17-24 (AKJV) "Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but to us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness; But to them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."

because what you say above applies to religious worshipers who exercise/practice the faith righteously, while other religious worshipers might incur a curse (i.e. if they read Scripture systematically by twisting its message) as it is explained in the above passage - you know cautionary signs and labels saved our lives (including because we not only read them but also understood correctly what is written on them)

Blessings

On 4/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, Sojourner414 said:

Who said I was saying them to you specifically and only? And they are not "well-known"; a lot of folks do not know how exactly how Scripture was canonized.

ok, but, as far as i can remember, you quoted my post and i replied to yours

we cannot be sure how Scripture was canonized if we were not there to see, hear and sense and if we haven't received revelation from the true God

And who is it you think you are again? NO ONE HERE OWES YOU A THING.

Romans 13:8-10 (AKJV) "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

"you know whoever disputes with a man of God, dispute with God Himself";  show us in Scriptures where it says that.

2 Peter 1:20-21 (AKJV) "no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Blessings

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

according to the dictionaries, besides methodical, "systematic" also means according to a plan(schedule), or regular - furthermore, a plan to read the Bible every day or to re-read it multiple times is also a method

religious worshipers have had also to examine spirits through the process of exercising/practicing the faith righteously, because the Holy Spirit has worked principally in such people

You have not really proven that reading the Bible on a regular or "systematic" basis is a bad thing.  You have whined and complained about that, but you have provided a shred of support for why it is bad.

every act of preventing people from understanding how to do the will of the true Lord God or how to repent of sin is lawlessness - even the act of dishonoring a true brother in faith or his testimony is lawlessness (Exodus 20:12, Matthew 12:46-50)

Blessings

But deleting some of your ungodly posts doesn't fit into that category.  If you don't like the way the mods handle your comments, then either get with the mods in private, or feel free to show yourself  to the door.

22 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

1A) That was a previous post; my next post after that was in general.  You really do come across as thinking everything is about you, now don't you?

here is the exact copy of that your post which i quoted:
https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/221132-corruption-of-the-bible/?do=findComment&comment=2791952

if you has subsequently edited it, i didn't advise you to do it

22 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

1B) Then according to your own logic, you would not be able to quote any Scripture, and whatever you heard "in your mind "would be suspect. That said, we do have records of how Scripture was canonized; Moses presented the first five books of the Bible to the Israelite priesthood (Deuteronomy 31:9 records this). Later, it was the company of prophets who canonized additional books ( I Sam. 10:5, 10; 19:20 ). Flavius Josephus wrote: “For we [the Jews] have not an innumerable multitude of books among us, disagreeing from and contradicting one another, [as the Greeks have,] but only twenty-two books, which contain the records of all the past times; which are justly believed to be divine” (Against Apion, Book I, Section VIII) . How we get 39 books is that several of the books we now count as separate were at one time combined. By A.D. 250 there was nearly universal agreement on the canon of Hebrew Scripture, so that is not seriously in question.

The NT canon is largely proven by the The Muratorian Canon included all of the New Testament books except Hebrews, James, and 3 John. In AD 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with one book of the Apocrypha) and 26 books of the New Testament (everything but Revelation) were canonical and to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (AD 393) and the Council of Carthage (AD 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

let's remember that former scribes and pharisees had also canonized traditions which Jesus later denounced/proved false - so i don't trust modern sciences such as history, archeology, geography, etc. more than the true Lord God, including because there have been angels of satan to materialize all kinds of false evidence as if those things really happened or were made by the true God

23 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

2) But that does NOT mean anyone owes it to you to obey you. Rather, you've tried to browbeat others here into submission to you, and no one owes you that.

when did i mention anything about obeying me?!

i think overall/all-embracing salvation is much more important than any enjoyable self-interested experience (especially) when it comes to practicing religious faith

23 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

As for "love", we tried to explain to you where you erred, and instead you got upset and derisive. So no: no one here owes you a thing. All the care and patience that was due you was paid.

do you think that only you tried to explain something important to others?! - i also explained many important things to members of worthy christian forums, but they behaved as if that didn't happened

nevertheless i think there must at least be some respect

On 4/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, Sojourner414 said:

3) You cannot apply that to yourself; you are not inspired to write Scripture nor are you a spokesman for God. And I do indeed dispute you, because you are in error.

honestly i have met a lot of religious people accusing me of being in error, but none of them managed to prove it, including because they didn't give a reasonable explanation of what exactly my error consisted in, but were used to accuse me by saying things like "you are a sinner", "you are a false prophet", etc. (without ever explaining how exactly i am in error)

Blessings

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You have not really proven that reading the Bible on a regular or "systematic" basis is a bad thing.  You have whined and complained about that, but you have provided a shred of support for why it is bad.

it is enough for us to know that reading the Bible daily without understanding it properly may easily incite misunderstanding and misinterpretation of Scripture as well as involvement in the deeds of spiritual lawlessness, including because it is written that lesser part of the religious worshipers will be saved by grace, the rest of them may have to practice the faith more carefully and thoroughly (Isaiah 10:22-23, Romans 9:27-28)

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But deleting some of your ungodly posts doesn't fit into that category.  If you don't like the way the mods handle your comments, then either get with the mods in private, or feel free to show yourself  to the door.

i think you seem too hasty calling testimonies ungodly - better be careful not to blaspheme God

let's say i could think i would go to live indefinitely in Paradise without taking into consideration the possibility that for some reason there can be no indefinitely lasting life in Paradise for any soul - would God change His mind only because i believed in delusion?!, but if i was reasonable enough to think and act righteously by working for overall/all-embracing salvation in Him, He would praise me for acting wisely conforming with the truth such as it is (John 9:1-7)

if you are not sure what kind of spirit works in your neighbor, cohabitant or brother, why must you be hasty calling them ungodly?!

Blessings