• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I have not misrepresented anything.   I just reflect a level of honesty that you can't face up to.

i am sorry to say, the only thing i have faced up to in this forum website since i met you is bickering

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

you know "in the beginning was the Word, and then the Word turned out to be in God, and then God turned out to be the Word"(John 1:1)

so in the beginning God found the truth and became its main servant, representative and embodiment - did He read scripture?!, no, but He has been the primary source of all holy scriptures/writings, because the truth would not live if there was no God to serve it faithfully

did Moses read scripture?!, no, because there had been no biblical scriptures yet before he began to write Torah - in fact, Moses was the first of those among humans who wrote the biblical scriptures

Yes, I know John 1:1 - I've read it, studied it, and meditated on it and more scads of times.

• God did NOT "find" the truth.  Truth does not exist apart from God.  God IS truth.  "I am the way, the truth and the life....."
  • God does NOT serve truth.  God serves no one and no thing and no ideal.  He IS truth.

Of course, Moses did not have a Bible or scripture.  He didn't have a toothbrush either.  He didn't have hymns or modern medicine or a car or an on-line bible message board or deodorant. 

Are you going to rebuke those things, too, just because Moses didn't have them? :huh:

Can we just be intellectually honest here?  Saying that reading the Bible is not necessary or important because Moses didn't have one is an excuse.

The Bible is crystal clear that reading the Bible is important and it should be read, studied, memorized, and meditated on.  If you have read the New Testament twice, then you have seen all four of those things promoted.  It's in the Old Testament, too.

Jesus Christ said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."  Do you eat everyday?  Living, as a Christian, God's Word should be absorbed every day - if humanly possible.

This is not my opinion.  I didn't make this up.  I can show in both the Old and New Testaments where the importance of the Living Word of God is found.

We won't have the Bible in heaven.  While we are in this fleshly body and here on this earth - we NEED it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, ytLiJC said:

i don't advise you to think that God never ever had to grow even a little - i have heard from Him that He had to grow up in the beginning of the "eternity", which is why it is written that in the beginning He created the heaven and the earth as well as all other things (Genesis 1), because He had first to kind of be born and grow to be able then to create, which is why Jesus says:

Mark 4:30-32 (CSB) "With what can we compare the kingdom(also: the origin) of God, or what parable can we use to describe it? It’s(i.e. in the beginning God is) like a mustard seed that, when sown upon the soil(i.e. when the time of the beginning of the eternity comes), is the smallest of all the seeds on the ground(i.e. is "less" than all things in the universe). And when sown(i.e. and after the end of the preceding eternity), it comes up and grows taller than all the garden plants, and produces large branches, so that the birds of the sky(i.e. so that many Holy Angels) can nest in its shade."

God told you that He had to grow?  That he had to be born and grow and then be able to create?  Jesus said that?

I shall have to part ways here.  I see that you and I are too far separated for you to understand me.

I pray that you will come to know the truth of God and the truth of his word.  I sincerely mean that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

8 hours ago, Mishael said:

There's no difference in theology in the Bible regardless of sects or denominations.

I am talking about the catholic "bible"

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

I am talking about the catholic "bible"

Same Bible if you can point out differences in theology I'd be glad to hear.

9 hours ago, Mishael said:

Same Bible if you can point out differences in theology I'd be glad to hear.

thats not the point of this topic, my friend.

Our muslim friend says there is corruption in the Bible, i told him i use a KJV and if he can show me any corruption or contradiction i would be happy to listen to him.

Alas, he has shown no proof.

Just now, KiwiChristian said:

thats not the point of this topic, my friend.

Our muslim friend says there is corruption in the Bible, i told him i use a KJV and if he can show me any corruption or contradiction i would be happy to listen to him.

Alas, he has shown no proof.

No corruption of the Bible I myself have read both KJV and the Catholic Bible not much difference. Quran however does contain contradictory differences, the Hafs Quran and Warsh Quran don't contain the same meanings in the same verses and contain entirely different words. Our Muslim friend refused to answer my question on that. Don't expect much from Muslims, whenever I would ask them logical questions they run or go silent.

Just now, Mishael said:

No corruption of the Bible I myself have read both KJV and the Catholic Bible not much difference. Quran however does contain contradictory differences, the Hafs Quran and Warsh Quran don't contain the same meanings in the same verses and contain entirely different words. Our Muslim friend refused to answer my question on that. Don't expect much from Muslims, whenever I would ask them logical questions they run or go silent.

Even though you and i differ in a number of points, i do appreciate your polite and respectful comments here. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

Even though you and i differ in a number of points, i do appreciate your polite and respectful comments here. Thank you.

Welcome, I was Muslim myself, however after doing much reading it's clear Islam hasn't no ground when compared to Christianity or even Zoroastrianism. 

I think we can both agree Islam is completely false and lies.

• Thumbs Up 1