IGNORED

too funny not to share 2

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

some 

it's parodying the gospel songs coming out thatas basically club or love songs with a sprinkling of spirituality. i heard several of such songs over the past few. the music videos are practically indistinguishable from party songs save the women dress more decently

You are correct.   Most of the contemporary Christian music labels are owned by secular companies these days and the goal of those companies is to make money.  

The songs are written like romantic love songs, so that if they don't make money in the Christian market, it won't take much tweaking to introduce the song to the secular markets.  

And the music is pretty horrible, to be honest.  The music we have today in the contemporary genre doesn't take a lot talent to write and not that much talent to perform either.   It is used for congregational sing, but the songs are not written for that purpose.  They are written to be performed by artists who have a lot more vocal range than the average person.   Anyone can write a song where you repeat the same 8 words for like 16 minutes.  It's just ridiculous.

And there is reportedly a lot of homosexuality in the contemporary Christian music industry, which is why these songs have a romantic overtone to them, and why they sound like songs that you would sing to a girlfriend or a girl would sing to her boyfriend.   It is also why less than 1/3 of men actively participate in praise and worship portions of a service.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

The problem with your argument is that music has changed countless times since biblical times. I imagine had the people of the original church heard "amazing grace" or "it is well with my soul" they may well have labeled it heathen because it was a style they had never heard before.

what argument?The thing about those songs  is amazing grace etc revolved around Jesus or God.  many songs  nowadays are party/dance songs with a sprinkling or biblical words  here or there. a it's notbthe genre that's the issue,but the content

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,709
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

what argument?The thing about those songs  is amazing grace etc revolved around Jesus or God.  many songs  nowadays are party/dance songs with a sprinkling or biblical words  here or there. a it's notbthe genre that's the issue,but the content

I never said they wernt "amazing" just that whille you and I find it amazing, someone from 2000 years ago does. my point is music changes, and taste in music is subjective. so just because you think a "song" isnt amazing, doesnt mean its not a good song. it just means you dont like it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. But maybe if you could name some real "Christian" songs that you think are just party/dance songs? I'm really not sure I know any. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

my point is music changes, and taste in music is subjective. so just because you think a "song" isnt amazing, doesnt mean its not a good song. it just means you dont like it.

I can agree with this as well. 

My personal thoughts on the matter. I think that Christian bands are afraid to be "too different". To speak frankly, a lot of Christians are so very easy offended. If you do anything out of the "norm" you are look upon as acting "unsaved" or "worldly"  I have even know some Christians who consider anyone who look a(  as they would call it) "weird", meaning their hair is too long or colored pink as being "unsaved" or part of the "world".  So I kind of think that many Christian bands are simply afraid to do anything too creative, for fear that their fan base is going to be offended and start burning their cd's! :blow-up: 

Again this just my own personal thoughts based on me. :D

Guest shiloh357

Contemporary Christian music back in the 80s had radically different message than it does today.  Back then the songs were not "love songs" to Jesus (which is wildly inappropriate), but they were songs about standing for the Lord, about "no compromise"  and they really did just glorify God.   

That's not to say that there are no contemporary songs that don't do that, but in general, the songs are written like love songs, not like worship songs.   And being "in love" with Jesus is extremely irreverent.   Jesus is not anyone's "lover."   He is Our Sovereign  Creator, our Righteous Redeemer and our Eternal Judge  and we should not lose sight of to whom it is we are speaking about whom we are speaking.   We love Him as our Savior, but He is still our King and we cannot forget that. There is room for some familiarity, but we should not let that degenerate into flippancy and certainly not into a romantic context.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,423
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. But maybe if you could name some real "Christian" songs that you think are just party/dance songs? I'm really not sure I know any. 

I agree.  Time to name names.  Let's hear some  song titles and artist that sung them.

I Like             RIGHT HERE           by         JEREMY CAMP.                        

Just brings a touch to my immediate presence when i hear it. 

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Often, I notice in today's lyrics, we have Jesus 'breathing all over us' yuk. lol.

What song is that? What are you people listing too? :24:

Guest shiloh357

Compare:  18 minutes of, 

"I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your lover forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever.  I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever. I could sing of your love forever, I could sing of your love forever."

VS. 

1 When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of glory died,
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

2 Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast
save in the death of Christ, my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them through his blood.

3 See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown?

4 Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were a present far too small.
Love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.

The first song is not worship; it's hypnosis. 

The second is what worship sounds/looks like.