• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Not me said:

You are being innerward directed and you are on your course. Not sure you want encouragement from me but to point one to Christ is always a good thing. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

IT was this post but you had quoated warrior .  I copied that line and posted what he said in my first line ,  but since your name was on it

I must have thought you said it .   but it was warrior who said it . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, warrior12 said:
19 hours ago, Gideon said:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.”

Yes indeed this is my statement and I deliberately worded it this way.  I know there would be focus on it and I gave my explanation in the verses that follow.  

11 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IT was this post but you had quoated warrior .  I copied that line and posted what he said in my first line ,  but since your name was on it

Yes boys, it is indeed  I who said that and I owned it , see the post above.  follow the thread  and frienduff take precaution on who you quote as this is the results. You see, we do error at times, not willfully, nevertheless it happens. :)

Edited by warrior12

12 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

You censured me because I selected the main point of the paragraph, but even you said that one "can participate just like any other with contribution", and I agree with you that "hearsay and conjectures has to be weighted with utmost caution". By my part, as you can see by my post before, I work with the Word of God, I do not know word more powerful than the Word of God. By the way, the Word is God. God Father is Spirit.  

I take your point bro.  Even when reading scripture, context has to be put into its place too, as one liners are often used and the whole message is not conveyed.  So yes, I agree with you, scripture is the final authority.  Whatever your spiritual journey is with the Lord is your own personal journey . Some say fo example that the Lord told them things ect.  That is that mans spiritual witness and all have to give accounts for what we say even on this forum.   As scriputre say  "buy truth and do not sell it".

cheers

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

It seems that no matter how much it is explained, what I am sharing is confused with sinless perfectionism. This is not a state we arrive at, but a walk we walk by faith. Can we slip? Yes. So, IF we sin, we confess it, repent, and believe again that we are dead to sin and alive to Him. And as we do this, our faith grows until we are established in the faith and our shield is impenetrable. Again, theoretically, we can sin here because we are still housed in fleshly bodies, but practically, sin is gone. As John said, He that abideth in Him sinneth not. 

Now, a question for you to ponder. When you pray the Lord’s prayer, and you pray “deliver us from evil”, do you believe it will be done? :)

blessings, 

Gideon

As to your question, consider this quote [Thomas Watson ]below and see what you make of it.   Yes.

Don't know if you have ever been engaged in spiritual warfare, but it is the very things of evil that seeks to wreck havoc and thus war.  

Joseph's brethren throw him into a pit; afterwards they sell him; then he is cast into prison; yet all this did work for his good. His abasement made way for his advancement, he was made the second man in the kingdom. "You thought evil against me—but God meant it for good" (Gen. 50:20).

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

As to your question, consider this quote [Thomas Watson ]below and see what you make of it.   Yes.

Don't know if you have ever been engaged in spiritual warfare, but it is the very things of evil that seeks to wreck havoc and thus war.  

Joseph's brethren throw him into a pit; afterwards they sell him; then he is cast into prison; yet all this did work for his good. His abasement made way for his advancement, he was made the second man in the kingdom. "You thought evil against me—but God meant it for good" (Gen. 50:20).

Forgive me if I am mis-understanding you. Are you saying that when we fall to sin, it is good because grace abounds? I will agree that God does even use our sins for our good, but it is to break us of all confidence in our fleshly efforts. When a man finally learns to abide, and walk in the Spirit, we are promised that he will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, amen? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Forgive me if I am mis-understanding you. Are you saying that when we fall to sin, it is good because grace abounds? I will agree that God does even use our sins for our good, but it is to break us of all confidence in our fleshly efforts. When a man finally learns to abide, and walk in the Spirit, we are promised that he will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, amen? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

No. What I am saying is that we have an arch enemy that comes to war against the saints.  I just used the example to show that evil was done against Joseph, it was an evil act.   Do you not think when Joseph was in the well, he would have prayed the Lords prayer.  It was my main point.   So, evil does not necessarily have to be resident in the believer, but evil can come against the believer. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

No worries, brother in Christ, life happens. Blessing to you. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/14/2018 at 1:10 PM, Gideon said:

The whole point of these exhortations is to open our eyes to the fact we have no clue how to be holy. Would you mind explaining how it is to be accomplished? I am sure many would like a clear answer. And then, the next question of course, is does it actually work? Do you see men and women who are following this path actually gain real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? Can they bring every thought into subjection  to the obedience of Christ? Is sin truly defeated in their lives? 

Thanks. 

Gideon

I don't expect to be "fully" holy until fiscal 2022. ;)

What does the word, "holy" actually mean to you?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Yes boys, it is indeed  I who said that and I owned it , see the post above.  follow the thread  and frienduff take precaution on who you quote as this is the results. You see, we do error at times, not willfully, nevertheless it happens. :)

Warrior ,  you just shout out a praise of victory in Christ .   Just remember confess ye your faults one to another AND also pray that ye may be healed .

We have to see sin as dangerous and its end death .   And thus lean heavily on Christ to deliver us from the temptations of the flesh.

The problem with many , and I say this just in general no finger pointing ,   is that pastors have put folks to bed with no armour .

they preach doctrines that at best may warn out against some sins , but no real gravity and no real solution either .  

All I am saying is we need more people to be much more grave towards sin .

Look at the approach of Christ , paul , james , jude and others towards error.    Look at the approach of God to the seven churches.

AND then ask yourself  ,    WHERE on earth has this approach gone .   See my point yet .    Its time to put on the Real ARMOUR of Christ

and mount up or risk all .   Where is the separation when one errs and don't repent ,  where is the pattern JESUS First set for all things

and the apostels kept and taught .   THAT alone IS the only pattern that works  .   And if we don't follow it and heed it ,  Heeding the HOLY SPIRIT within us

the end will be ugly .     Anyway be blessed and praise the Lord .

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Warrior ,  you just shout out a praise of victory in Christ .   Just remember confess ye your faults one to another AND also pray that ye may be healed .

We have to see sin as dangerous and its end death .   And thus lean heavily on Christ to deliver us from the temptations of the flesh.

The problem with many , and I say this just in general no finger pointing ,   is that pastors have put folks to bed with no armour .

they preach doctrines that at best may warn out against some sins , but no real gravity and no real solution either .  

All I am saying is we need more people to be much more grave towards sin .

Look at the approach of Christ , paul , james , jude and others towards error.    Look at the approach of God to the seven churches.

AND then ask yourself  ,    WHERE on earth has this approach gone .   See my point yet .    Its time to put on the Real ARMOUR of Christ

and mount up or risk all .   Where is the separation when one errs and don't repent ,  where is the pattern JESUS First set for all things

and the apostels kept and taught .   THAT alone IS the only pattern that works  .   And if we don't follow it and heed it ,  Heeding the HOLY SPIRIT within us

the end will be ugly .     Anyway be blessed and praise the Lord .

Who you callin' "ye"? :D