• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

I don't expect to be "fully" holy until fiscal 2022. ;)

What does the word, "holy" actually mean to you?

Chief ,  tell me this is a joke .    You set a date for something .  I was actually waiting for the punch line .    Only I wont be drinking that from that punch bowl.

What on earth do you even mean.  Or was this just some funny.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Chief ,  tell me this is a joke .    You set a date for something .  I was actually waiting for the punch line .    Only I wont be drinking that from that punch bowl.

What on earth do you even mean.  Or was this just some funny.

The first line was a joke. Hence the smiley. It was my specialty: Humor through absurdity. I just add the smiley to remove all doubt. ;)

The second was a serious question.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Gideon said:

It seems that no matter how much it is explained, what I am sharing is confused with sinless perfectionism. This is not a state we arrive at, but a walk we walk by faith. Can we slip? Yes. So, IF we sin, we confess it, repent, and believe again that we are dead to sin and alive to Him. And as we do this, our faith grows until we are established in the faith and our shield is impenetrable. Again, theoretically, we can sin here because we are still housed in fleshly bodies, but practically, sin is gone. As John said, He that abideth in Him sinneth not. 

Now, a question for you to ponder. When you pray the Lord’s prayer, and you pray “deliver us from evil”, do you believe it will be done? :)

blessings, 

Gideon

Hey brother Gideon. Let me say this. I am not against your encouragements to live a holy and pious life.  You have poured out your testimony with graphic details when I questioned you about your revelations that you said you had.  I have stated before that my personal view on that and I have not labeled you any names ect.   My point in this discussion is that, I read the scriptures that you point out again and again in rom 7 and 8 and I agree with them .  I also have to be true to myself and examine the practical side of my life. All I am saying is that I do see faults as  I go through this life  too.  

You also do realize, with people who claim to have revelations, visions ect from  God, they will be scrutinize and examined too.  So with that said, I hope you have not seen me to be antagonistic or disrupting your thread and views.  You write well and I think you mean well, but extra biblical revelations are a concern for many.   I like Paul writing much, especially Romans as it teaches and encourages so much to live pious.

With that said, hope we can still dialogue with brotherly conduct.  You have been gracious and not argumentative in your reply to me and thank you for that.  

Blessings 

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Hey brother Gideon. Let me say this. I am not against your encouragements to live a holy and pious life.  You have poured out your testimony with graphic details when I questioned you about your revelations that you said you had.  I have stated before that my personal view on that and I have not labeled you any names ect.   My point in this discussion is that, I read the scriptures that you point out again and again in rom 7 and 8 and I agree with them .  I also have to be true to myself and examine the practical side of my life. All I am saying is that I do see faults as  I go through this life  too.  

You also do realize, with people who claim to have revelations, visions ect from  God, they will be scrutinize and examined too.  So with that said, I hope you have not seen me to be antagonistic or disrupting your thread and views.  You write well and I think you mean well, but extra biblical revelations are a concern for many.   I like Paul writing much, especially Romans as it teaches and encourages so much to live pious.

With that said, hope we can still dialogue with brotherly conduct.  You have been gracious and not argumentative in your reply to me and thank you for that.  

Blessings 

I will add that, as I read through this thread, two things pop out in my brain: First, what does it mean to be Holy. I believe it is separateness from this world and set apart as the Lord's. It is not a magic word but a real English word with fairly clear meaning. I can be "holy" while listening to music, driving to work, enjoying a sunset, having a beer, etc. The reason is that I am "in but not of" this world. And I don't see where we are instructed to live as monks, actively hating the world and making no end to our comments in that area. That is not to say we are not to be ready to call it what it is when all is said and done - it is destined for destruction. 

Second, I think about Romans 9, and particularly verses 13 through 24. My attitude toward all this is that I accepted His free gift and desire to please my creator and savior. I believe it focuses on my relationship with Him and my relationship with my fellow man. And if I start saying to myself, "I need to start being better or I might not be saved", I'm doing it wrong. I say this within the umbrella of the teaching of Romans 9.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I don't expect to be "fully" holy until fiscal 2022. ;)

What does the word, "holy" actually mean to you?

Fiscal year 2022. Can you get a little closer, like date and the month, I’ll let you slide on the time of day . :) 

Now to the “less” important question; :)

What is holiness? 

That’s a beauty of one. If I’d have to say, I’d say it’s a expression that show that God’s being is pure. i.e. free from all disorder. (my thoughts) 

much love in Christ, Not me

6 minutes ago, Not me said:

Fiscal year 2022. Can you get a little closer, like date and the month, I’ll let you slide on the time of day . :) 

Now to the “less” important question; :)

What is holiness? 

That’s a beauty of one. If I’d have to say, I’d say it’s a expression that show that God’s being is pure. i.e. free from all disorder. (my thoughts) 

The reason I asked the question is that I notice that a lot of times some of these words thrown around in the bible a lot don't really have a lot of meaning outside of a biblical (or religious) perspective and often a person can use the word their whole life only to find out it doesn't really mean what they have always thought it meant. 

In that vein, I've found as I really start digging deep into the bible from different angles than when I was in my "spiritual milk" phase, I'm having to revisit the meaning of words I thought I understood. "Holy" was one of them. "Love" is another. 

And the really interesting part, after doing a fair amount of study is, what does the daily life of a person truly saved by the blood consist of. Do they please the flesh in the following ways, or is any pleasing of the flesh sin:

Make love to their spouse.

Eat a loaded pizza.

Enjoy a good single malt with a honduran cigar.

Water ski.

Downhill ski

Vacation in Hawaii.

Go fishing for sport

Go on a photography tour of their community

Play in a rock band

etc.

What I'm trying to reconcile is where does a true follower of Christ fall between an absolutely worldly heathen and a monk in a monastery? And should we be "lightening up". That is, when are we guilty of Matthew 23:3-5? 

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

The reason I asked the question is that I notice that a lot of times some of these words thrown around in the bible a lot don't really have a lot of meaning outside of a biblical (or religious) perspective and often a person can use the word their whole life only to find out it doesn't really mean what they have always thought it meant. 

In that vein, I've found as I really start digging deep into the bible from different angles than when I was in my "spiritual milk" phase, I'm having to revisit the meaning of words I thought I understood. "Holy" was one of them. "Love" is another. 

And the really interesting part, after doing a fair amount of study is, what does the daily life of a person truly saved by the blood consist of. Do they please the flesh in the following ways, or is any pleasing of the flesh sin:

Make love to their spouse.

Eat a loaded pizza.

Enjoy a good single malt with a honduran cigar.

Water ski.

Downhill ski

Vacation in Hawaii.

Go fishing for sport

Go on a photography tour of their community

Play in a rock band

etc.

What I'm trying to reconcile is where does a true follower of Christ fall between an absolutely worldly heathen and a monk in a monastery? And should we be "lightening up". That is, when are we guilty of Matthew 23:3-5? 

I would have to say that it’s up to what someone’s personal relationship with Christ tells them is “ok.” 

I have noticed in my walk with Christ, that He works on one thing, than moves to another. Not clearing the  fields of all the wild animals at once,  like it says in the OT. 

A scripture that has meant a lot to me is:

”let the peace of Christ rule in your heart” the word rule can also be translated arbitrate. So it could read “let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your heart”. Meaning that whatever causes you to lose your peace, is something God is working on. So if something causes me to lose my peace, doesn’t matter what it is, I do something different. Perfect at it? Well God doesn’t carry around His baseball bat for nothing. But on the brighter side,  He’s is using it less and less. Lol

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Still Alive said:

having a beer, etc.

Now, now, now.  :sad030:  :sad030::sad030:

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

No. What I am saying is that we have an arch enemy that comes to war against the saints.  I just used the example to show that evil was done against Joseph, it was an evil act.   Do you not think when Joseph was in the well, he would have prayed the Lords prayer.  It was my main point.   So, evil does not necessarily have to be resident in the believer, but evil can come against the believer. 

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

No. What I am saying is that we have an arch enemy that comes to war against the saints.  I just used the example to show that evil was done against Joseph, it was an evil act.   Do you not think when Joseph was in the well, he would have prayed the Lords prayer.  It was my main point.   So, evil does not necessarily have to be resident in the believer, but evil can come against the believer. 

Got it. Thanks and I agree.

Gids

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

20 minutes ago, Not me said:

I would have to say that it’s up to what someone’s personal relationship with Christ tells them is “ok.” 

I have noticed in my walk with Christ, that He works on one thing, than moves to another. Not clearing the  fields of all the wild animals at once,  like it says in the OT. 

A scripture that has meant a lot to me is:

”let the peace of Christ rule in your heart” the word rule can also be translated arbitrate. So it could read “let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your heart”. Meaning that whatever causes you to lose you peace, is something God is working on. So if something causes me to lose my peace, doesn’t matter what it is, I do something different. Perfect at it? Well God doesn’t carry around His baseball bat for nothing. But on the brighter side,  He’s is using it less and less. Lol

What a wise answer! We are not under rules any longer. Christ in us will lead us. May I give an example in my life? As a graduate of LSU in 1972, I have been a HUGE LSU football fan. A fanatic fan. But what has happened, and it did not happen overnight. Is that God has slowly changed my heart. It is not that I cannot enjoy a good game, but there is now healthy balance and God accomplished this without any “Thou shalt not’s”.

i like what Paul said. “Blessed is the man whose heart does not condemn him in the things that he allows.”

And this verse is just repeating the verse you shared with different wording, amen? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thanks 1