• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I don't expect to be "fully" holy until fiscal 2022. ;)

What does the word, "holy" actually mean to you?

It means “to be set apart”, or in other words to be fully His. We start out possessing God but it is a completely  different thing where Jecpossesses us. The results will often be confused with the full submission, for the two go hand in hand. Holiness is not perfection. It is fully being possessed by the perfect One. 

There is also a certain aspect of holiness that denotes purity, and freedom from evil’s influence. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Now, now, now.  :sad030:  :sad030::sad030:

Beer is very good for you. So is red wine. Heck, they give Guinness to recovering mothers after delivery in Irish hospitals. :)

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Warrior ,  you just shout out a praise of victory in Christ .   Just remember confess ye your faults one to another AND also pray that ye may be healed .

We have to see sin as dangerous and its end death .   And thus lean heavily on Christ to deliver us from the temptations of the flesh.

The problem with many , and I say this just in general no finger pointing ,   is that pastors have put folks to bed with no armour .

they preach doctrines that at best may warn out against some sins , but no real gravity and no real solution either .  

All I am saying is we need more people to be much more grave towards sin .

Look at the approach of Christ , paul , james , jude and others towards error.    Look at the approach of God to the seven churches.

AND then ask yourself  ,    WHERE on earth has this approach gone .   See my point yet .    Its time to put on the Real ARMOUR of Christ

and mount up or risk all .   Where is the separation when one errs and don't repent ,  where is the pattern JESUS First set for all things

and the apostels kept and taught .   THAT alone IS the only pattern that works  .   And if we don't follow it and heed it ,  Heeding the HOLY SPIRIT within us

the end will be ugly .     Anyway be blessed and praise the Lord .

Brother, if we go back to the OP here, that is basically what I was referring to . This post has sort of taken on a life of its own, so thank you for bringing it back on track. 

When was the last time we heard anything that might be termed “negative” out of our pupils. Things such as rebuke, correction, exhortation, warnings, instiction in how to walk pleasing to God? We have become a people of itching ears and many see holiness as legalism, which is far, far from the truth. This is on the ministers who’s want to please us rather than shepherd  us. But God will restore us if we want to truly walk in everything He has for us, even if some of it is hard to hear. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, Not me said:

I would have to say that it’s up to what someone’s personal relationship with Christ tells them is “ok.” 

I have noticed in my walk with Christ, that He works on one thing, than moves to another. Not clearing the  fields of all the wild animals at once,  like it says in the OT. 

A scripture that has meant a lot to me is:

”let the peace of Christ rule in your heart” the word rule can also be translated arbitrate. So it could read “let the peace of Christ arbitrate in your heart”. Meaning that whatever causes you to lose you peace, is something God is working on. So if something causes me to lose my peace, doesn’t matter what it is, I do something different. Perfect at it? Well God doesn’t carry around His baseball bat for nothing. But on the brighter side,  He’s is using it less and less. Lol

much love in Christ, Not me 

I like that. It reminds me of what Paul said:

"“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered byanything. "

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Beer is very good for you. So is red wine. Heck, they give Guinness to recovering mothers after delivery in Irish hospitals. :)

Tell me about it. I use to forget where my car keys was.  That was seventeen yrs ago since I said goodbye to it.  To each his own taste and likes.  :sad030: 

Just like this new avatar. cool. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Hey brother Gideon. Let me say this. I am not against your encouragements to live a holy and pious life.  You have poured out your testimony with graphic details when I questioned you about your revelations that you said you had.  I have stated before that my personal view on that and I have not labeled you any names ect.   My point in this discussion is that, I read the scriptures that you point out again and again in rom 7 and 8 and I agree with them .  I also have to be true to myself and examine the practical side of my life. All I am saying is that I do see faults as  I go through this life  too.  

You also do realize, with people who claim to have revelations, visions ect from  God, they will be scrutinize and examined too.  So with that said, I hope you have not seen me to be antagonistic or disrupting your thread and views.  You write well and I think you mean well, but extra biblical revelations are a concern for many.   I like Paul writing much, especially Romans as it teaches and encourages so much to live pious.

With that said, hope we can still dialogue with brotherly conduct.  You have been gracious and not argumentative in your reply to me and thank you for that.  

Blessings 

Brother, what a gentle reply. Our fellowship is not broken, trust me. I fully realize the scrutiny I come under with what I share. If I had stepped out before my visitation, my old nature could not have stood up to the scrutiny, and I would have shown all here what the flesh looks like in all its glory, LOL. 

I have now shared like this for eleven straight years. I have had all sorts of reactions. If I did not “get it” as to how what I share can come across, I would have quit a long time ago. Thank God, He has succeeded in working patience into me,and replaced my anger and quick temper with a lot more gentleness. This is not to say I do not need more, for I have miles to go, but it takes thick skin sometimes. LOL. You have actually been quite gentle, and I thank you for that. 

I hope in my  sharing that I have led any to believe that once we reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God, and yield ourselves to Him as those who are alive from the dead, that we are free from faults. This is not the case at all.

Do you remember what Jesus said of the Pharisees? Whited sepulchers. Nice on the outside but dead inside. Their perceived path to holiness was “outside in”. We are to clean up ourselves, one sin at a time, external ones first, and eventually, theoretically, we finally are pure inside (yeah, right, lol).

But the path Jesus offers all of us is the exact opposite. He makes us pure inside, when on the outside we are still a mess. But then He tells us this. If we will cling to that truth.... continue in it,...believing that we are dead and it is now Christ who lives  in us, He promises to grow that central pure  core of who we are to the point it reaches the surface as fruit.

So, when we are tempted to sin, we lean on that truth that in our core, who we are has been changed, and this becomes our shield of faith! And as we hold fast to this, glory to God, our process of sanctification begins. He is the one who changes us, from glory to glory. Our part? Believe Him. 

So, in the beginning, we may slip, just like we used to. Does that mean it is not the truth? No, because we KNOW we died when Christ died. We KNOW when Christ  rose from the dead, we too came back new and alive, with natures that can say no to sin and yes to God.  So why do we still slip early on? Our shield is small! It needs to grow! So, if... not when, but IF we sin.... we confess it, we repent and we again declare the truth. We resist Satan steadfast in the faith and again yield ourselves to  our Heavenly Father as  new creatures.... because we are!  And our faith grows. This is the good fight of faith we are all called to. To what end? That we become established in the faith, unshakeable, with no more three steps forward, two steps back. Onward and upward! 

Just as Israel was given the promised land as their inheritance, and every step they took would be theirs, so it is with us. The rest of God is ours. We have been ( past tense!) made new!  But just as Israel had enemies to defeat and drive from the land, so do we. The flaws and weakness and failures and sins that once partially defined us must be driven out. By effort? No, by faith! 

Oir flaws are no longer us. They are leftovers, scars of our  walking in our old natures. We still have our fleshly bodies, but not our fleshly spirits. That is why Paul tells us that when we slip, it is no longer us that sin (when our fleshly bodies and fleshly natures were allies), but sin that dwelleth in us, enemies that have not yet been driven out.

Inside us, at our  core, we  are pure. Sinless. How can this be possible? Is it not true that we, the old us, has been crucified with Christ, nevertheless we live. Yet not is, but Christ who now lives in us,, through us?. So the real question as to is really being free from the stain of sin is “How could it NOT be possible?” :)

I look forward to getting to know you much better my friend.

blessings, 

Gideon

40 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Holiness becomes legalism when it becomes the means rather than the goal. When all emphasis is put on holiness rather than Jesus.

I can agree with this. But.... When holiness is totally forgotten or taught to be simply a goal to aim at but in truth is impossible to  actually walk in, it needs to be reintroduced into the mix, don’t you think? Thus, it might appear to be taking center stage over Christ, when Christ and holiness cannot be separated. 

The sad truth is, it has become neither the means nor the goal, but has pretty much been expunged from our Christianity. It remains in our creeds but that is pretty much the extent of it. Erosion of truth, as I stated. We are so far out of balance that we need desperately  to re-discover the importance of it, and more importantly, the HOW of walking there, since so many verses in the New Testament urge us to it. 

This OP was to remind us of that fact. Much truth concerning sin and its continued potential effects on believers has been so ignored  that it has caused us to lose a huge part of the gospel, that God is the one who will make us holy as we believe Him to do so.

blessings, 

Gids

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

It means “to be set apart”, or in other words to be fully His. We start out possessing God but it is a completely  different thing where Jecpossesses us. The results will often be confused with the full submission, for the two go hand in hand. Holiness is not perfection. It is fully being possessed by the perfect One. 

There is also a certain aspect of holiness that denotes purity, and freedom from evil’s influence. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Ok my much beloved brother in Christ, Gideon gird your loins. (Heeee heee) for we have an issue here. 

Sanctification means to be “set apart” holiness, by default would have to mean something else. Holiness from the gleanings of scripture (I believe) would mean that which is prefect. That which is pure. I’m not going to be dogmatic about it but “set apart”???  I think it means much more and deeper than that.  But than I’m just a man and got a pee brain, and I’ve been wrong before so I’m open to a new understanding of the word. (Listening.) :)

Much love in Christ, Not me

ps, thanks for confirming the “peace of Christ” post. 

Edit; I see on your post you mentioned a aspect of holiness is purity.  I’m thinking of letting you slide on this one. :)

peace my brother in Christ.  

Edited by Not me

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

That is an excellent scripture on this subject. I’m going to have to chew on this one. Thanks for bringing it up. Always love to have some good food to chew on. Munchity, munch, munch. :)

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't quite buy that, God has His remnant and knows who are His. He, I believe, is active in each of His regenerate children conforming them to His image (holiness) through His Word, His Spirit, trials, convictions and illuminations (all means). He is Mighty and is able to bring to completion that which He began.

If you are referring to 'Christendom' as a whole, then yes, we have an erosion of truth.

Are we so bold as to think He will save just a few? Remember, in the parable of the ten virgins, a full half were virgins with oil, as great as the number who fell away. Are we truly convinced that we have fully and properly displayed the gospel to the world by our lives?  We have not. As a whole, with a few notable and wonderful exceptions, we simply have given them another religion to consider. All that is about to change.

I cannot speak for any other, but in my own life, for the first thirty-eight years as a Christian, I am ashamed of  what I tried to pass off as Christianity. Men did not see Jesus in me. There was steadiness, but no true visible progress. There was a paltry amount of withered fruit and a whole lot of weeds.

Here is what I have come to believe. The amount of saints pressing in and walking truly pleasing to God is minuscule compared to what is coming. 

Do we believe His house will be FULL? The harvest has not yet even begun. We are about to be amazed when God rolls up His sleeves, removes the blinders of unbelief from our eyes, blinders of unbelief that have limited the Holy one of Israel from showing Himself strong on our behalf. We have not seen anything yet. 

Blessings, 

Gideon