• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

But that is not the Gospel, that is discipleship.

This is the Gospel...

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(1Co 15:1-4)

Yes brother, but he is not evangelizing the lost here...........he is talking to disciples.......I hope.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, Gideon said:

Buckle your seatbelts, this are about to get glorious

OH YES ,  the churches will soon hear the cry ,   I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire .

Through a false unity many are gathering under a delusion as we speak.   BUT HIS own WILL NOT .

The call COME YE OUT FROM AMONG them and be YE HOLY is in massive sound now .

The ecumenical movment of the Land is no longer about unity in Christ , though they try and play like it is,  its all about world unity now .

And the very delusion they believe is forming the very weapon , the very mindset that leads to the largest tribulation against the lambs that has ever been or will be .

IF we want to focus , FOCUS on CHRIST and what we already have IN HIM.    Aint no need to look to the future for what HIS OWN have always had and still do today.

Gideon, theirs folks getting killed even now for his sake .   THEY got HIM and they have his rain .  

What will increase is a massive delusion and it will forsake repentace of sins for acceptance of sins

and call it love .

IT will forsake unity of the faith  for unity with all.   But its sneaky Gideon.   it plays on emotions and feel goods .

IT says things like we need to put aside differences and it will use bad examples ,  but its pupose it really for a huge one mind gathering which omits truth

and exalts humanity .    Playtime is long over .    CHOOSE YE THIS DAY and wait not the morrow .    CHOOSE YE TODAY , THIS DAY and wait not for the morrow.

CHOOSE YE HIM this Day AND WAIT NOT FOR THE MORROW .    Lets not beef the people up for tomorrow,    THE RAINS are flowing and have been since Pentecost .

The only thing , THE MEN of GOD said would occur towards the end was massive deception under a great falling away . 

CHOOSE YE THIS DAY and wait NOT for the morrow .

48 minutes ago, angels4u said:

How can you be more holy if God made you a holy  already in Him?

Can somebody be holier than holy?

And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.Hebr.10:10

Ephesians 2:4–5 

4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

And I just want to add, that whatever we have, we are expected to gain more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

Do we read Paul’s words with willing, obedient, open ears? He is beseeching us, pleading with us to ‘get it’.  We are all .... ALL...... called to become servants to the Lord, and no longer rule over ourselves. We are  all to all holy before Him, and how? By self effort legalism as you infer? Not at all. By the mercy of God, where He promises to cause us to walk in such a way easily IF we will but put off our old carnal natures that see any holiness scriptures as legalism lurking in the bushes trying to make Christianity not fun. 

Is this some ‘higher cslling’ Reserved only for disciples, not the general population of saved folk?  No. It is totally reasonable for all of us. There is no caste system in Christianity. There is no division of the saved into those who choose to really seek a God and choose to be disciples, and the multitude who think life would be too restrictive if they took such a step.

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

How can we twist this to say we are not called to discipleship? Or to obedience? Or to knowing how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor? In previous days, God overlooked our shallowness and lack of understanding due to our ignorance. But in these final days, truth will ring out and we will either embrace or reject it. Our souls are on the line. I pray we all believe that.

Here is the thing.  Who knows really when the last days are ?. Because you said that "God told you " about a "new awakening" as you keep mentioning and which you have said in previous posts, does not mean that your word is final. We have  plenty of those before who have those so called revelations from God.  

When one is born again he has a new nature as you rightly points out. His walk from then on with the teachings of the word is not automatic in ways of learning and going through the trials that would mature him to be more Christ like and live a sanctified life.  Every man here on earth, saved or not would go through trials, but the believer more so as he now recognizes the lethal enemies that comes to draw him back into the old man and yes we are to put off the old man, but as Paul said, some are at different stages in their walk, with some drinking milk and some in eating meat.   

Believers are to strive to live Godly lives and heed the gospel to grow and mature in the word, but it does not happen in any period that others may want to see it happen.  Each believer has his own life challenges and the enemy would send out darts and traps to war against the saints.  It is a battle that is won, but the saints have to go through the sanctification process.  Sin is not condoned and encouraged to the believer, but with endurance and patience which a believer runs the race, he has to stay the course , thought there would be obstacles in the way.  

What is glorification and when does it takes place or how is it applied ?.

Now, admonishing the saints to live a sinless life in Christ is commendable, but remember we are all at different stages in our walk,  Exhorting and edifying is all part of that walk, but so is sanctification, repentance, prayer and all the graces given to help us to grow and become like in his image. 

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

The way some explain the Gospel, you'd think it was an Olympic decathalon.

Yes, that's exactly what it is.....the way Paul explained it.  Running the race so as to "win" the prize........interesting that he was talking to those who were already saved.  

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

The distinction needs to be made between God's free gift of Life and the cost of discipleship.

Not really because being saved and being a disciple go hand-in-hand.  A marriage is much more than just the wedding day..........the couple doesn't get married and then spend the rest of their lives sitting on the couch congratulating each other and reiminiscing about their wedding day and living in the past..........they actually do get on with living out their marriage, don't they, unless that marriage is dead.

Or, what if the bride gets married and then says to the bridegroom, well thanks for a great day honey.......think I'll just go live my life now, goodbye for now, and sure am counting on seeing you again after my funeral.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I love reading or listening to threads like this. Honest, well meaning believers, working out their own salvation. Trying to figure out how to rightfully divide the word of God. 

Knowing it’s never an issue, of right or wrong or win or lose. Just a matter of an increase in Christ. That today, we might know more of Him than we did yesterday, and tomorrow more of Him than we know today. It matters not whether we are the slowest learner, or the fastest. Just so long as there is an increase in Christ every day. For sooner or later we will give to be, where we need to be. As long as we keep feeding our personal relationship with Him.

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Running the race is not the Gospel, it is part of our walk as Christians.

True being saved and discipleship go hand in hand but the Gospel is what Jesus did OUTSIDE OF US on a cross 2000 years ago, discipleship is what God is doing IN US presently, a cooperation where He does the initiation and we learn to follow...both are by His grace.

Amen brother.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  On the contrary some are admonishing and exhorting us to follow Jesus and be disciples.  I dont' understand your objection then.  Should we not SEEK holiness, SEEK righteousness, SEEK His kingdom....as the word says?  

Hope you don't mean to camp out forever in yesterday's manna....if you do, it rots.  We are to pull up the stakes and keep following the cloud (His SPIRIT) ......leaving those elementary things and going on to perfection......before either we die or Jesus returns.  NOW is the acceptable day.  We need to be ready.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

My objection is that some are confusing justification with sanctification and by doing so end up mixing our works with thee Work of Christ. 

Your manna comment was plainly silly. Yes there is growth, but we must grow on the One Foundation, Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Those who leave that foundation (even as older Christians) end up in the wilderness eating imaginary manna. You can follow clouds if you want, I'll follow the Rock.  

Remember, the Spirit's work is to point us to Jesus not vice-versa.

Yowm,  not again with this .    WE know its the HOLY SPIRIT that sanctifies us .    WE know we do the works by the Spirit .

And if the church has any love for JESUS , its GONNA exhort , its gonna say BE HOLY , WALK RIGHTEOUSLY ,  

its going to remind and its going to exhort .   And not the pope himself can stop me from as one put it ,  RELENTLESS reminders .    ITS MY WHOLE LIFE NOW .

and its THE ONLY THING that gives me joy .    LIVING IN CHRIST and exhorting to contend for the truth faith .   reminding all about our walk

and that is is TO BE HOLY.   its my life now ,  and what joy it giveth me .   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Holiness comes after salvation. God calls us to be holy. But first you have to receive the holy spirit. Only if your born again can you be holy. God can not even live in you until the righteouness of christ is inputed by faith. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

This thread is about adding works righteousness to the inputed righteousness of christ. No can do that. Very very bad. Praise God we are justified by his blood. If we are justifed by his blood then nothing else can justified us. The holy works we walk in are his life working in us as children of God. I am not saying we should not encourage one another to be holy. But as Gods children. Not to get saved.