Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Holiness is to live righteously conforming oneself to Christ. It not being perfect 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Holiness is to live righteously conforming oneself to Christ. It not being perfect 

Agreed! So now! are we doing it.... with all that is within us? Are we running our race as if there is but one prize, and we are determined to be the one who will win it? And if not, do we simply fall back on grace and say excuse our wayward hearts by saying “No one is perfect”?  If we are honest with ourselves, are we not using  your very point to excuse us from seeking wholeheartedly, with a single eye, that Christ conform our every thought, our every action, our very life itself to His will?

Blessings, 

Gideon

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No, I am referring to using scriptures that pertain to sanctification as if they applied to our justification. I find a lot of muddled thinking on this point. There is a huge difference between Christ's perfect obedience credited to our account simply by faith in Jesus (justification) and our imperfect walk of holiness as we grow in Christ. To confuse those too robs the Christian of peace and joy as they are sucked onto a treadmill of attempting to add their 'good works' to Christ's perfect obedience. In doing so, they fall from grace.

Here is what I find. Correct me if it is not what you experience in your church.

We have message after message about justification. We hear every angle imaginable on the cross and the shed blood of Jesus for our sins, and praise God for that. But I see a problem. Where is the teaching on sanctification. Where are believers instructed to live holy lives? Are we exhorted to flee from sin? Are we urged to love not the world or the things in it? Are we taught how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor? Is real victory over our old nature ever even mentioned as a possibility, let alone as a promise? 

Holiness and legalism have become synonymous. Why? Because we see it as something we must do. It is a high hurdle in our minds that we know we cannot leap, so we simply lower the standard to being forgiven as the sole role of grace, when we are actually clearly told that the grace of God is to teach us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and justly in this present age. 

You say that teaching on sanctification will offend and possibly doom young believers. But that is not the case at all, IF they hear instruction as to how to do it and see examples in the saints who have walked the road before them for 20, 30, 40 years.

Rhe truth is. We have no idea how to become Christlike. We are taught time is the mitigating factor. Just trust God and it will happen. Is it not evident to us that this is simply a lie? I am not urging saints to try harder. I am urging them to look away from themselves and to seek God for Him to do in us, what we cannot ever do, no matter our effort. 

Rhe solution is not to lower the standard so we all feel good about ourselves. Things can look good when there is peace, but when the days darken more and more and it costs to be a Christian, What then? We chafe when told that God will actually cause us to both want to and do of His good pleasure, leaning on our free will.

But rhink for a moment. If we are presented with the mark of the beast, and to refuse it will cost us our jobs, our homes, our ability to purchase food to feed our children, will we cry out for God to cause us to be strong and remain loyal to Christ, or will we, because of our weak free will and the fact that our self nature is still in control, cave in to the demand, trusting that God understandsrhat we disavowed knowing Him, for after all, who would not want to feed their family? 

Here is the bottom line:

1) God has called every single one of us to be holy as He is holy. 

2) We cannot do it.

3) Resisting the temptation to lower the standard so that we can remain ‘comfortable’, we are called to  try with all that is within us..... and fail.

4) Broken of all self confidence and desperate to please our God, we cry out to him as wretched men, with NO strength, and look to Him to do what we can never do, make us truly Christlike holy children of God. 

5j As we trust Him and arm ourselves with  His promises to make us holy and to actually ‘cause us’ to obey Him in all things, to our amazement and joy, He actually does lift us up to meet the standard, transforming us for all to see. 

These five tenants are what we are being now awakened to. Some will initially resist it, but every true sheep will eventually hear His voice to put off their  old nature by faith, because we have come to HATE it. Every true sheep will hear His voice to put on our new natures, natures that can be changed, where we find we indeed CAN obey Him. where we actually WANT to obey Him... in all things. 

Who will see it first? The weak among us who know their lives are not what God wants but who also know that given a thousand lifetimes, they will still walk as men in the flesh...... unless they receive a miracle. 

And praise God, He has one for every single one of us longing to depart from all iniquity and be changed into His Holy children,  filling us with a cornucopia of Spiritual fruits.

Is such a thing even possible? Oh, yes, indeed it is! And it is coming and will overtake every single one of the elect of God.

Blessings,

Gideon

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I can only speak for my Church. We go through the whole Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

Show just one place I said that. For about the 10th time, we must not mix Scripture dealing with sanctification as if it applies to our justification. That ends up in salvation by works.

The whole point of these exhortations is to open our eyes to the fact we have no clue how to be holy. Would you mind explaining how it is to be accomplished? I am sure many would like a clear answer. And then, the next question of course, is does it actually work? Do you see men and women who are following this path actually gain real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? Can they bring every thought into subjection  to the obedience of Christ? Is sin truly defeated in their lives? 

Thanks. 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I can only speak for my Church. We go through the whole Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse.

Show just one place I said that. For about the 10th time, we must not mix Scripture dealing with sanctification as if it applies to our justification. That ends up in salvation by works.

He always puts words in others mouths. Why i dont know. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

16 minutes ago, Gideon said:

The whole point of these exhortations is to open our eyes to the fact we have no clue how to be holy. Would you mind explaining how it is to be accomplished? I am sure many would like a clear answer. And then, the next question of course, is does it actually work? Do you see men and women who are following this path actually gain real victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? Can they bring every thought into subjection  to the obedience of Christ? Is sin truly defeated in their lives? 

Thanks. 

Gideon

People i think have more then a clue how to be holy. You seem to think no one is walking with God. The new testamemt is clear how to walk. You are using brain wsshing to get people to doubt there faith. JW and other cults say and do the same things to get people to leave there faith. Only christ is the way. You cannot be holy until your born agsin then you walk in the spirit. In Gods sight from the moment your justified your as righteous as your ever can be in his sight. Inputed by faith the righteousness of chtist. Should we sin because we are under grace ? God forbid.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

~~~

Each Christian is a different person and there is no '5 easy steps to sanctification' ~~~

Yes there is!!

That’s what has been trying to be explained. Actually it’s a two step process for everybody equally. It’s “reckon yourself dead unto sin but alive unto God” this is  the truth that Gidion is  trying his hardest in all ways possible to explain. 

Ask yourself this one question, why is very little written in the Bible about “how” to overcome sin? 

It’s because “all” is said in these words”deny self” this is the one and only way that which free man from all vices and puts on all virtues. It’s all in these two simple words understood and applied correctly. This is the truth Gidion is agonizing over.  

Sorry to butt in, there is soooo much truth here trying to be expressed. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

This is what I'm seeing. To be dead to self is and alive in Christ is when we come to the knowledge that Jesus is everything, and the world has nothing. Jesus prayed for the disciples John 17:9 I pray for them (the disciples) I pray not for the world.  

Lusting after the things of this world is vain. We are dependent upon Him and Him only. By His grace we live and have our being. Its the world and it's lusts ambitions, and politics  we die to.  This is not congregational but personally. I don't know how to say it any other way. The spirit of antichrist is in the world and the world is Babylon 

Edited by Mike Mclees

The spirit of antichrist is in the world. It is Babylon

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

3 hours ago, Not me said:

That’s what has been trying to be explained. Actually it’s a two step process for everybody equally. It’s “reckon yourself dead unto sin but alive unto God” this is  the truth that Gidion is  trying his hardest in all ways possible to explain. 

"Whether we want to admit it or  not, we have disgraced the name of our God by how we have represented Him, both individually and corporately. This is not me saying so God said it. But all that is coming to a close. God has shown me that there are multitudes all over the earth who are the elect, but they have been waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. And peoples from all religions, those who truly love the light but never have seen it in us, WILL see it and come to join us in the last great end gathering. God’s house WILL be full, and believe it or not, we are going to be a huge part of it! We serve an amazing God! "

No, what Gideon is trying his hardest is to put forward what he said God has shown him.  The above is a quote from one of his earlier post.  Now, analyze the above and tell me what this means.  Either you or Gideon should explain what is meant by that paragraph.   How did God show him this, in a dream, audible, in manifestation or discernment.  Is Gideon a prophet.  I have no objection if he is, just want to know if this is the case as, he would have to answer for his proclamations.  Many here don't believe there are modern day prophets.    

The scripture has plenty of admonitions on how to walk on the straight and narrow pathways.  Just consider the book of proverbs for an example.  Paul teachings are a handful and the Gospels is where the Lord taught.  At the end of the day, every man has to look at the mirror and identify what he is looking at  

Also, we are reminded in Ephesians 6 who comes to war against the saints and we are to put on the armor of God. 

Edited by warrior12