15 hours ago, enoob57 said:

It's not that we hate you but we hate false doctrine of RCC... and clearly you identify with the RCC as right doctrine and you become enemy to us all who hold to sola Scriptura... and anyone claiming right of entrance to The Father by works will not be known by Jesus as anything at all!

Matt 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV

I LOVE that quote!

It was written BY CATHOLICS for non-catholics.

My friend have YOU actually taken the time to READ ANY of my lengthy POST that include the evidence of our teachings and beliefs? If not you do me a grave injustice; by being too lazy to do so.

I was very specific and expect YOU to be the same. 

God Bless you!

Patrick

16 hours ago, Larry 2 said:

Hi again Brother Patrick in Jesus' name. Not in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? That will be for the future millenniam, but for now we read in Col 3:17 in the Catholic bible I have that "Whatever I do in in word, or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. My friend, it is small things at first that tradition surpasses, but they grow in importance to the saint of God as error creeps in.

Thanks for your kind reply. I’ll be glad to give my testimony as to the reasons of my conversion from Catholicism, although I will not go into all the negative issues many bring forth in religious differences. My beliefs were challenged simply with the word of God, and I would search my bible to counter anything I didn’t know, and/or believe.

I had just been hired on a new job, and going through probably six months of classroom and online training for the position I had been hired for. One of my fellow new employees was an evangelistic non-denominational Christian, and asked if I was saved? At the time my religious knowledge consisted of masses in Latin, and learning of much Church dogma, repetitive prayer, tradition, and I really didn’t know the answer to my friend’s question.

The context of his question was simple, and centered on John 3:16. Again in my Catholic bible, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that those who believe in Him may not perish, but may have life everlasting. 

Was my Catholic bible that differently worded? Not at all, and when challenged beyond my capacity to respond intelligently I would take my giant bible to my priest and go over it with him. The book of Galatians became an eye opener, and my priest began to believe I had become Lutheran on its teaching of works of the law. I reckon you’d have had to be there to really understand, but doctrines of purgatory fell away, tradition, worship of saints, including Mary and the Immaculate Conception no longer was part of my belief, and I truly came to know I am saved by having believed on my Lord Jesus Christ.

You ever heard the term peace like a river? I do not believe I became any more saved, but I came to have a desire and hunger unsurpassed in my former walk with Christ. King David once said in Psalms, Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and for the first time I came to know that through coming to grow in the grace and knowledge of my Lord that brought closer me to God.

Bottom line, are we saved eternally or not, and why? Much of the so-called Protestant churches do not believe this either, but I do. The Charismatic movement in The Catholic Church brought much light into the lives that partook of it, but control and tradition seem to continue, and again growing even to the point of returning to the Latin Mass by Pope Francis.

God loves you Patrick, and so do I.

I wonder my friend if you'd care to share WHY YOU left the RCC?

[1] Hi again Brother Patrick in Jesus' name. Not in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? That will be for the future millenniam, but for now we read in Col 3:17 in the Catholic bible I have that "Whatever I do in in word, or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. My friend, it is small things at first that tradition surpasses, but they grow in importance to the saint of God as error creeps in.

King James Version

Matthew 28:19-20

“19 Go YOU therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded YOU: and, lo, I am with YOU always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

NOTE my new friend that here Jesus is speaking directly to and exclusively too His Catholic Apostles; who HE instructs on what HE demands be done in Christian Baptism.

[2] Thanks for your kind reply. I’ll be glad to give my testimony as to the reasons of my conversion from Catholicism, although I will not go into all the negative issues many bring forth in religious differences. My beliefs were challenged simply with the word of God, and I would search my bible to counter anything I didn’t know, and/or believe.

YOU are MOST welcome! … After some of the attacks and the explosion of hated from people who have not even read in its entirely my well evidenced {and lengthy} replies is simply stupid. Ignorance in it actual and charitable meaning “not knowing”, I can deal with; ….bigoted  stupidly; not so much.

By the way, I’m NOT in the conversion business; which is the exclusive domain of Jesus Himself.  Have you read though Heb. 6:  ….” He warns them of the danger of falling by apostasy and exhorts them to patience and perseverance.”

[1] Wherefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us go on to things more perfect, not laying again the foundation of penance from dead works, and of faith towards God, [2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and imposition of hands, and of the resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. [3] And this will we do, if God permit[4] For it is impossible for those who were once illuminated, have tasted also the heavenly gift, {Holy Communion} and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, {Confirmed} [5] Have moreover tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come

[DOUAY BIBLE ECPLANATIONS [1] "The word of the beginning": The first rudiments of the Christian doctrine.

[4] "It is impossible": The meaning is, that it is impossible for such as have fallen after baptism, to be again baptized; and very hard for such as have apostatized from the faith, after having received many graces, to return again to the happy state from which they fell.

[6] And are fallen away: to be renewed again to penance, crucifying again to themselves the Son of God, and making him a mockery.  [7] For the earth that drinketh in the rain which cometh often upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is tilled, receiveth blessing from God. [8] But that which bringeth forth thorns and briers, is reprobate, and very near unto a curse, whose end is to be burnt. End quotes

[3] I had just been hired on a new job, and going through probably six months of classroom and online training for the position I had been hired for. One of my fellow new employees was an evangelistic non-denominational Christian, and asked if I was saved? At t 1-7he time my religious knowledge consisted of masses in Latin, and learning of much Church dogma, repetitive prayer, tradition, and I really didn’t know the answer to my friend’s question.

An Informed Catholics reply to that is:

“YES I am saved {Baptized} AND I’m still in the process of being saved {Sacramental Confession: John 20:19-23 and the Most Holy Eucharist which IS Jesus Himself on Person as testified to by 5 different authors of the NT.}

I can address each of the above points if you’d like me to?

[4] The context of his question was simple, and centered on John 3:16. Again in my Catholic bible, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that those who believe in Him may not perish, but may have life everlasting. 

That is a POWERFUL and Beautiful verse: AMEN!

The KEY to right and full understanding of this verse is in the WORDS “who believe in Him.”  … This implies a FULL & Correct belief in Him; hence also in the only Church and Only Faith desired and founded by Him personally; today’s RCC which can be proven both historically {for example the Bible is a Catholic birthed book fully authored by the end of the 1st Century}; and even Biblically if you’d care to know how?

Was my Catholic bible that differently worded? It IS the percentage that HAS been changed that is notable.

Not at all, and when challenged beyond my capacity to respond intelligently I would take my giant bible to my priest and go over it with him. The book of Galatians became an eye opener, and my priest began to believe I had become Lutheran on its teaching of works of the law. I reckon you’d have had to be there to really understand, but doctrines of purgatory fell away, tradition, worship of saints, including Mary and the Immaculate Conception no longer was part of my belief, and I truly came to know I am saved by having believed on my Lord Jesus Christ.

Once again my new friend; I CAN address in charity and with clarity & facts each of these issues IF you’d care for me to do so?

[6] You ever heard the term peace like a river? I do not believe I became any more saved, but I came to have a desire and hunger unsurpassed in my former walk with Christ. King David once said in Psalms, Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and for the first time I came to know that through coming to grow in the grace and knowledge of my Lord that brought closer me to God.

It’s SAD that you could not find true JOY in the Catholic Church; especially because only in the Catholic & Orthodox Churches Jesus Christ is: Really, Truly and Substanually {actually} Present on Person. That my friend is what you have chosen to deny.

The single biggest difference in Catholic & Protestant worship is that Catholic Worship IS Divine focused- Worship because GOD is really present to us; while Protestant worship has its focus on making YOU feel good about being there. Catholic Worship is {or ought to be} God-Centered-Worship. It is not about making US “feel good or even wanted for that matter.” It’s ALL about God and pleasing Him.

[7] Bottom line, are we saved eternally or not, and why?

ANSWER: We are saved eternally by:

Being Baptized & dying without any unconfessed; or unremitted Mortal sins {1 John 5: 16-17; John 20:19-23} …. This IS God’s way unchanged by 19th Century mortal men.

Much of the so-called Protestant churches do not believe this either, but I do. The Charismatic movement in The Catholic Church brought much light into the lives that partook of it, but control and tradition seem to continue, and again growing even to the point of returning to the Latin Mass by Pope Francis.

As for Pope Francis and the Latin Mass: FROMYOUR LIPS to God’s ears. I’m 73 and remember the Latin Mass very well.

[8] God loves you Patrick, and so do I.

And my new friend, I LOVE You too!

May our God guide OUR life paths to His Divine Will,

Patrick