Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Apparently, Muslims under Sharia law are also using Deut. Chapter 13, to support their killing of Muslims who become Christians.

Can we get some input on this topic, hopefully to shed light on why this practice should not be used on former Muslims?

Such a horrible situation....there must be many secret Christians, former Muslims, that simply cannot openly acknowledge their faith in these countries.  So sad....  I believe many more Muslims would believe in Jesus if it weren't for them being threatened with death...or at the least disowned by their families.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

43 minutes ago, Debp said:

Apparently, Muslims under Sharia law are also using Deut. Chapter 13, to support their killing of Muslims who become Christians.

Can we get some input on this topic, hopefully to shed light on why this practice should not be used on former Muslims?

Such a horrible situation....there must be many secret Christians, former Muslims, that simply cannot openly acknowledge their faith in these countries.  So sad....  I believe many more Muslims would believe in Jesus if it weren't for them being threatened with death...or at the least disowned by their families.

Greetings Deb!

The trouble with Islam is that it embraces the law but does not embrace grace. The Jesus of Islam did not die for the sins of humanity - that notion is considered blasphemy - so forgiveness is not a dominant part of their religion as it is with ours. When it comes to expecting them not to use such scriptures to defend their practices, they first need to get the Spirit of God inside of them before they will see how they are misguided. To them, they are making a stand against sin whereas we are being too lenient against it. But they have to recognize Jesus for who He truly is first, and for many that has involved having supernatural encounters with the True and Living God (visions of seeing Jesus have been increasingly occurring among Muslims in the last few decades, and led to many conversions of those who struggled to reconcile the Jesus they saw in visions and dreams with the "Jesus" they were taught about in Islam).

And yes, many must make a choice between their families and Christ, and even their lives or serving Christ. But Jesus warned in His word that we must count the cost of serving Him (Matthew 10:36-38).

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I do know many Muslims have had visions of Jesus and in the case of Esther Gushan, she had a miraculous healing after seeing Christ.  And alot of these Muslims become Christians!

Esther Gushan was threatened with death by her brothers after she became a Christian.  She left her wealthy home.  Meanwhile, her sister also became a Christian but had to remain secret as she had a husband and I think children.

I got off topic but thanks for your input.   OneGodBeliever had brought up Deut. 13 so I thought it good to do a topic on it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yes, I do know many Muslims have had visions of Jesus and in the case of Esther Gushan, she had a miraculous healing after seeing Christ.  And alot of these Muslims become Christians!

Esther Gushan was threatened with death by her brothers after she became a Christian.  She left her wealthy home.  Meanwhile, her sister also became a Christian but had to remain secret as she had a husband and I think children.

I got off topic but thanks for your input.   OneGodBeliever had brought up Deut. 13 so I thought it good to do a topic on it.

Yeah. I noticed a few of our Muslim members posting lately. I generally avoid debate with them because while they enjoy discussion and often have a genuine curiosity about things, they have often undergone so much indoctrination that it can be very difficult getting through to them. That's why in most cases the situation calls for the Lord reaching out to them Himself. So I generally just urge Muslims to pray to Jesus Himself to reveal to them who He truly is, and whether what Christianity says about Him is true or not.

If they sincerely want to know, He will reveal it to them.  

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Well i just read Deut Chapter 13 and i did not read any instruction to kill a person because they leave their religion.. The teachings where about putting people to death for enticing others to leave Judaism.. Apart from that the teachings of Jesus over rule the teachings of Deuteronomy as far as judgements like that being carried out by humans are concerned.. We are not to judge..

At the start of Deut Chapter 13 it gives warning not to follow false prophets and to put to death false prophets.. If the people of mecca not been pagans having no knowledge of the Torah they probably would have ended up putting muhammad the false prophet to death..

Why Moses would have executed muhammad ... Utube..

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Debp said:

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.  (Deu 13:6-9)

First, it is noteworthy that Muslims using Deut. 13 as justification for killing  Muslims who become Christians, flies in the face of liberal propaganda that is constantly lecturing us that Muslims and Christians worship the same the God, that allah and YHVH are one and the same. 

If that were true, how can they say that Christians are following other gods?   I think the answer is that Islam isn't what liberals tout it to be, and there are Muslims willing to use that liberal propaganda for as long as it is useful to them to do so. 

As for the passage itself, it is worthy noting that this was civil law when Israel was a theocracy and God was their king.  This should not be taken any other way. 

15 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

Yeah. I noticed a few of our Muslim members posting lately. I generally avoid debate with them because while they enjoy discussion and often have a genuine curiosity about things, they have often undergone so much indoctrination that it can be very difficult getting through to them. That's why in most cases the situation calls for the Lord reaching out to them Himself. So I generally just urge Muslims to pray to Jesus Himself to reveal to them who He truly is, and whether what Christianity says about Him is true or not.

If they sincerely want to know, He will reveal it to them.  

Yes, I agree it is difficult to get through to alot of Muslims because of their indoctrinization.  So true that it will usually only be the Lord drawing them and opening their eyes to the truth, and their need of the Savior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/14/2018 at 3:43 AM, Debp said:

Dt. 13:1-5 requires the execution of false prophets/prophecy.

And, since Islam is rooted in false prophecy...it requires EXECUTION of the false prophet who originated it.