IGNORED

AMERICA: NEW ROME & BABYLON THE GREAT ("Come out of her, My people...")

LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

America could be Mystery Babylon the Great according to the Lord .... we will have to wait and see

Revelation 18 is a picture of this worldly human adventure and the USA does fit the condition today

Many think that it is Rome .... but Rome is historical and not in the picture today

Some think Jerusalem is the great city, but Jerusalem is not a leader of the other cites of the nations of the world 

If we are close to the 70th week decreed for Israel, then America is a definite call

This "great city" will be destroyed by the beast and his 10 cohorts at the beginning of the coming 70th week

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

America could be Mystery Babylon the Great according to the Lord .... we will have to wait and see

Revelation 18 is a picture of this worldly human adventure and the USA does fit the condition today

Many think that it is Rome .... but Rome is historical and not in the picture today

Some think Jerusalem is the great city, but Jerusalem is not a leader of the other cites of the nations of the world 

If we are close to the 70th week decreed for Israel, then America is a definite call

This "great city" will be destroyed by the beast and his 10 cohorts at the beginning of the coming 70th week

It's not America,perse,but all who follow the beast,in other words,it will go from them,(nations)being a virgin,into a whore

43 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The lake of fire destroys souls.  'Babylon' is run by people who follow Satan.  They are judged and their souls cast into the lake of fire.  Hence babylon is destroyed by fire.  No other way to damage it.  You can not just kill off satan's followers and hope that does anything to Babylon's rule.  It does not.  It takes God's intervention to destroy that structure, which Revelation calls a 'city' with three parts (Rev. 16:19*).  Every soul involved must be obliterated. 

The thing is,they not gonna know they are following the beast,ie,satan, as Christ....

They not gonna see nothing wrong with what they are doing as they will think satan to be Christ

1 minute ago, eileenhat said:

'They' know who they follow.  Every person I have ever met knows who they follow.  They will tell you.  They follow all sorts of people, groups, ideas, cultures and religions.  They may not label themselves but God knows if they have accepted Jesus as their savior or not.  And christians know what the bible says.  

So I don't know what you mean.

And I have never met anyone who thinks satan is Christ from the bible.  

I'm confused by your reply, is all.

I understand what you are saying and I didn't mean to be confusing 

First,when satan comes to this earth,he will pretend to be Christ,that's what anti means in the Greek,(instead of)

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

God will send them that spirit of delusion so that they believe the lie

II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion [send them a working of error], that they should believe a lie;"

If you want to believe a lie, God will allow it; in fact he will help you into the system of deceptions Satan will bring on the earth. Do you really think God will come here and personally show you, and talk to you when you refuse to believe His Word, when He gave it in such detail through the prophets and His Son. If you desire to believe that your going to fly out of here, and refuse His word, He will so block your mind that you will not be capable of understanding truth. God will send the "strong delusion" over your mind. The strong delusion is an act of love given by God for your protection.

II Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned [judged] who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

This is the reason for the "strong delusion" of verse eleven; "That they might be damned", it would be more accurately translated "condemned". Condemned for not believing the truth in God's Word when given to them. They had the warning, but still followed Satan, and partook in his religious system.

"Pleasure in unrighteousness" is not referring to drunken brawls, or whore houses, but it is a continuation of the subject here at hand. That subject is "worshipping the Antichrist [Satan] as the true Christ." You will take pleasure in that damnable sin; that unrighteous act will be done in your total ignorance. It's easy to say "I'm saved", but saved from what? The subject here has changed from that of verse eight, to "being damned through deception." The traditions of men will change this subject, from "being deceived by Satan, and enjoying it" to petty activities of the day.

Most who will fall for satan will think he is Christ,most Christians included

4 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

I'm confused by your reply, is all.

That's why the number one warning from Christ was,don't be deceived. 

Matthew 24:3 "And as He sat upon the mount of Olives the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when shall these things be and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

This mount of Olives is less then a mile from the eastern gate of the temple city. Jesus is alone with His disciples, and this matter bothered them as to what would it be like at His second coming, and the end of this earth age.

Jesus went to great detail of what the events and signs would be just before His second advent, that would mark the end of this flesh age.

Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."

This is the number one warning, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Deception will be the foremost thing to guard against in the latter days, that will consummate the end of this age. 

satan will come as an angel of light,in peace

Daniel 8:25 "And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand."

Only the elect will not be deceived,and to be clear,being a Christian does not make you an Elect

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Only the elect will not be deceived,and to be clear,being a Christian does not make you an Elect

• For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.  Matthew 24:24

That's one of the views I consider when looking at this verse.  The "elect" could be a reference to the 144,000, or some other "sub group" of all believers.  I've also considered the possibility of that passage meaning that the elect (all true believers) would not be ultimately deceived, that they would eventually see through the fog as no one is impervious to deception.  What are your thoughts, and why?

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:
  • For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.  Matthew 24:24

That's one of the views I consider when looking at this verse.  The "elect" could be a reference to the 144,000, or some other "sub group" of all believers.  I've also considered the possibility of that passage meaning that the elect (all true believers) would not be ultimately deceived, that they would eventually see through the fog as no one is impervious to deception.  What are your thoughts, and why?

I feel a lot of Christians will come out of confusion (Babylon) during the tribulation.Not only will we have the two witnesses, we will have the elect preaching against this deception of satan.

I think quite a few will ,when the Holy Spirit speaks through them,when they are delivered up(Mark 13:11),which by the way is the next time true tongues will be spoken. 

9 hours ago, eileenhat said:

To clarify the use of the term 'god' here in Thess. the greek word is Theos, meaning "Short Definition: God, a god"
"Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.".

source: http://biblehub.com/greek/2316.htm

So not Jesus, per say, is being mentioned in this verse, but just a general god like being.

So satan has a man dressed up as a little god in his stead, here on earth (is the truer translation).  So this little alteration in meaning helps us lower our estimation of his supposed super abilities.  So Obama fits that description then of the 'anti-Christ' figure of Revelation (while with your more 'higher God like Christ' definition does not define Obama as the anti-Christ, which God has revealed to me he as as he sets the 7 years of jacob's start date with his announcement of gay marriage in God's earthly 'third' temple, ie. the Church of Philadelphia, which is the USA (founded in the city of Philadelphia).  That date is May 9th, 2012.

I can agree with that,my point though was ,must of the world will believe him to be God,what god,well....

As for the anti christ,it will not be some mere man possessed,it will be satan himself.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

On 15/04/2018 at 2:33 PM, other one said:

if we are supposed to come out of her, pray tell where are we supposed to go?

Immigrate to Russia ?

• Haha 1