IGNORED

AMERICA: NEW ROME & BABYLON THE GREAT ("Come out of her, My people...")

LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:17 AM, n2thelight said:

Only the elect will not be deceived,and to be clear,being a Christian does not make you an Elect

I was with you until the second half of this statement.  How are the elect different from Christians?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, JoeChan82 said:

I was with you until the second half of this statement.  How are the elect different from Christians?

The elect were chosen before the foundation of the world.

Many books and sermons have addressed the topic of the identity of Babylon. I tend to believe that is indeed Rome. Comparing Babylon to America, actual Babylon in Iraq, or the former U.S.S.R., or England is a game of pure speculation.  Current events change.  I see the image in Daniel 2 with its head as Nebuchadnezzar, his breast and his arms of silver is the Medo Persians, his belly and his thighs of brass is Grecia, and his legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay is Rome.  The feet are smashed. Later, Daniel records that part of the fourth kingdom is strong and part weak.  Rome, as an empire is gone, but its state church remains to this day.  Rome is the only city recognized as a nation.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Thank you for your reply.  I think I understand your position.  Maybe there will be a thread that covers this topic in more detail. That would be great, but I don't want to be the one that takes this conversation about America as Babylon off course.  Again, thank you for your reply.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 5/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, Last Daze said:
  • For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.  Matthew 24:24

That's one of the views I consider when looking at this verse.  The "elect" could be a reference to the 144,000, or some other "sub group" of all believers.  I've also considered the possibility of that passage meaning that the elect (all true believers) would not be ultimately deceived, that they would eventually see through the fog as no one is impervious to deception.  What are your thoughts, and why?

The 144,000 = The Woman of Rev. ch. 12 = Israel who Flees Judea into the Wilderness. Most people don't see what Jesus is saying here. IF IT WERE POSSIBLE they would deceive the very elect (Jews who REPENT). But BEHOLD I have told you before[hand]. Jesus is saying the ELECT can't be deceived because he told them before what was going to happen, so what did Jesus tell the ELECT (Meaning those Jews who have accepted Christ thus they hear his voice TO FLEE Judea or.............. READ the New Testament,like Matt. 24.) 

Matt. 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase (Armageddon) is, there will the eagles(Church/Bride) be gathered together.

So Jesus told them BEFOREHAND where he would not be at per se and where he would be coming from when the Anti-Christ is on earth. The Anti-Christ can't deceive the ELECT because they Hear Jesus' Voice !! Jesus will not be in the DESERT nor in a SECRET CHAMBER, he will be coming in the EASTERN SKIES for all to see. So how can the ELECT Jews, who fled Jerusalem because of Matt. 24:16-17 not understand what Matt. 24:24-31 means? 

IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Tribulation Jesus will return with the Bride of Christ from Heaven in the Eastern Skies. The Bride/Church = the Eagles at the CARCASS (Armageddon), just like in Rev. the Bride is seen as the FOWLS devouring the Wicked men of earth via the Marriage Supper.

Rev. 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven(BRIDE/Eagles), Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God (Marriage Supper);

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

1 hour ago, n2thelight said:

No one is CHOSEN, that is an erroneous understanding taught by Calvin. God PREDESTINATED all mankind to Salvation via the blood of Christ because God knowing all knew man would fall. However God choosing who will go to heaven and hell by SELECTING CERTAIN PEOPLE goes against Gods very nature. The problem is to man people follow other men, not God, they have followed Calvin, not Paul who is clearing saying that God predestination is for all mankind via THE BLOOD, some men just reject this free gift.

As per you other POST BELOW :

{{{{{{{{ I feel a lot of Christians will come out of confusion (Babylon) during the tribulation.Not only will we have the two witnesses, we will have the elect preaching against this deception of satan.

I think quite a few will ,when the Holy Spirit speaks through them,when they are delivered up(Mark 13:11),which by the way is the next time true tongues will be spoken. }}}}}}}}} 

Christians will be in Heaven Marrying the Lamb !! Not on earth. Babylon is the WHOLE WORD, Satan's Dark Kingdom, God is calling Israel to come out of her, sadly only 1/3 Flee Judea thus they receive of her Plagues.  

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

46 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

The 144,000 = The Woman of Rev. ch. 12 = Israel who Flees Judea into the Wilderness.

Conjecture that's been molded to conform to an interpretation.

38 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Conjecture that's been molded to conform to an interpretation.

The posts overall post was about "THE ELECT". Of course that is my understanding of who the elect are, but that is actually irrelevant to the main thrust of the post. 

Now again tell me what that opinion has to do with the posts main thrust? 

By the way, my understanding of the 144,00 matches up with scriptures. Do you really think they are "VIRGINS" or does that mean they are repentant Jews?  Everything matches up to people who want to be realists. The 144,000 are PROTECTED before the Plagues that hurt the Earth, Sea and Tress hit. The Women (Israel) is Protected by God in the Wilderness for 1260 days. God says "Come out of her (Babylon/The World) that you receive not of her plagues. 

Its not really that hard a passage to understand unless we listen to men's traditions. 

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

READ the New Testament,like Matt. 24.

This is right up there with "God told me."  It's another posturing tactic.  It points to the deficiency of a weak argument.

• Brilliant! 1

26 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Now again tell me what that opinion has to do with the posts main thrust? 

Our views are so far apart that I don't see any benefit in hashing things out for the millionth time.  Things will come to pass as they have been declared, not based on any consensus.  All we have control over is how we respond to the things that come our way.  Our response will be the result of our lifestyle worship of God, not our eschatology. 

The wise virgins built their lives on the teachings of Jesus.  They knew to bring extra oil because they knew Him.

• Thumbs Up 1