Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

Musings in regard to Hell

10 hours ago, LuftWaffle said:

Why on earth would you think that losing out on eternal life in God's kingdom and being with Him versus facing judgement and execution at the hands of God is of no consequence?

Because the " judgement" you define makes it of no consequence .

Eternal nothingness , with no pain , no sorrow , no tears , no aloneness , no regrets , no lasting punishment , not even the thought of it .   

So you die and find out you are about to be handed an eternity of  sweet nothingness for a minute or two  , big woop .

In fact for the drug kingpin ,  the serial killer ,  all sadistic human monster types that harbored some  fear their whole life that they might end up suffering  an actual eternal

torment for their evil this would be most welcome  development . 

Sweet !

How could someone who feared they might suffer an eternity for their vile lifetime of  inhumanity on earth consider this anything but a welcome development ?

Don't tell me you have never seen the defiant death row prisoner saying " bring on the executioner " explaining they have NOTHING to fear ? 

According to you they are exactly right , they get NOTHING . An eternity of it in fact  , and that is their punishment peaceful nothingness for eternity  . 

Edited by Unfailing Presence

16 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Eternal nothingness , with no pain , no sorrow , no tears , no aloneness , no regrets , no lasting punishment , not even the thought of it .   

So you die and find out you are about to be handed an eternity of  sweet nothingness for a minute or two  , big woop .

In fact for the drug kingpin ,  the serial killer ,  all sadistic human monster types that harbored some  fear their whole life that they might end up suffering  an actual eternal

Sweet !

How could someone who feared they might suffer an eternity for their vile lifetime of  inhumanity on earth consider this anything but a welcome development ?

Don't tell me you have never seen the defiant death row prisoner saying " bring on the executioner " explaining they have NOTHING to fear ? 

According to you they are exactly right , they get NOTHING . An eternity of it in fact  , and that is their punishment peaceful nothingness for eternity  . 

This is a philosophical argument you're trying to run here, and my primary concern is what the Bible teaches. If the Bible throughout the Torah reserved execution for the worst of crimes and God decides to continue that at the final judgement, which I believe the text teaches, I really couldn't care less that you think it's a "sweet deal" for some whom you think deserves what you consider a worse punishment. I'm not sure why you think the execution that God has planned will only last a minute or two, but even if it does, I'm pretty certain you'd rather want you children to live forever in the new earth, than endure it. 

So with that I do differ from your opinion (and it is mere opinion on your part) in that I believe the glories of life on the new earth is worth living for and I believe in the inherent value of life, something you seem to place little stock in. I also don't view being condemned and executed by the living God as, "big whoop". 

Edited by LuftWaffle

On 9/6/2018 at 2:44 PM, Cletus said:

never said physical death didnt. 

Okay, but then it cannot be used as a proof-text against death meaning ordinary death.

Edited by LuftWaffle

1 hour ago, LuftWaffle said:
17 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Sweet !

This is a philosophical argument you're trying to run here,

Its reality .

Any Hitler would  hope for a judgement of nothingness , to  fully conscious eternal torment.

This ain't rocket science . 

The clear and decided didactic from Jesus on the subject of hell is the Lazarus account where upon dying they awake to continuing consciousness of surroundings... 

Luke 16:24

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
KJV

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:58 AM, LuftWaffle said:

Wow, this is demonstrably false. The surrounding verses provide clarity:

Rev 22:10  And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near
Rev 22:11  Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy." 
Rev 22:12  "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.

One important aspects in hermeneutics is context which is immediate, then chapter, book, OT or NT then entire Bible... is in this process where you have failed. Verse 11 cannot be speaking in the present of the writing 90 ad or there about- for that would be this the church age and now is all about hearing, repenting and asking God to save us from ourselves... therefore it must be linked to verse 10 to the prophetical aspects of the coming judgment "for the time is near" and the understanding is verse 11 no chance of change for all eternity... your view of annihilation just won't stand the test of Scripture....  

11 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The clear and decided didactic from Jesus on the subject of hell is the Lazarus account where upon dying they awake to continuing consciousness of surroundings... 

Luke 16:24

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
KJV

Firstly the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is just that, a parable not a "clear didactic passage". 
Secondly, the scenario depicting in the parable takes place prior to final judgement as evidenced by the rich man wanting to warn his brothers who are still alive. So it has nothing to do with the final fate of the wicked.
Thirdly it mention nothing about "continuing" consciousness for all eternity.

So basically none of what you're saying is actually in this passage.

If only we could have clear description of what is going to happen to the ungodly (besides of course all the other plain straightforward texts I've already offered mentioning death, destruction perishing etc)...
If only we could have an example so that we don't have to guess...

Image that!

2Pe 2:6  if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

One important aspects in hermeneutics is context which is immediate, then chapter, book, OT or NT then entire Bible... is in this process where you have failed. Verse 11 cannot be speaking in the present of the writing 90 ad or there about- for that would be this the church age and now is all about hearing, repenting and asking God to save us from ourselves... therefore it must be linked to verse 10 to the prophetical aspects of the coming judgment "for the time is near" and the understanding is verse 11 no chance of change for all eternity... your view of annihilation just won't stand the test of Scripture....  

You shouldn't teach about hermeneutics and then violate the very things you're teaching by importing speculations that simply aren't in the text. Nowhere does Rev 22:11 describe the evil of the evildoers and the righteousness of righteous continuing for all eternity. What is there, is the angel sandwiching the statement between mentioning "not to seal up the propecy of the book for the time is near", and a statement referring to the coming judgement, where obviously the aforementioned evil and good will be judged. That precisely is what judgement is for, to JUDGE the good and evil deeds. To pretend that the judgement precedes the good and evil deeds just because you're desperately looking for something that you can use to harmonise the Platonist notion that all people will spent eternity somewhere, is not warranted by the text at all.

The idea that people will continue to sin in hell is nowhere in the Bible. It's a theory that theologians came up with to explain why God would infinitely torture people for finite crimes. It's a philosophical speculation, ancillary to the doctrine of eternal conscious torment. You cannot read that into the text, then claim the interpretation as proof for the doctrine of eternal conscious torment. One would expect that with such shoddy exegesis, and so much question begging you'd come across as less self-assured. 
I guess that's the Dunning-Kruger internet for you.

Edited by LuftWaffle

39 minutes ago, LuftWaffle said:

Firstly the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is just that, a parable not a "clear didactic passage". 
Secondly, the scenario depicting in the parable takes place prior to final judgement as evidenced by the rich man wanting to warn his brothers who are still alive. So it has nothing to do with the final fate of the wicked.
Thirdly it mention nothing about "continuing" consciousness for all eternity.

This has no merit to anything... What ever Jesus said it was truth so parable or no this was the reality after death or it was a lie....
Not everything is exhausted in one place in the Scripture but one is to study to show oneself approved...

Rev 20:10-15

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV
As Scripture teaches the rich man was delivered up from his conscious torment to find judgment and the eternal torment of the lake of fire where by the way Jesus also didactically teaches

Mark 9:43-50

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
KJV

Edited by enoob57

13 minutes ago, LuftWaffle said:

You shouldn't teach about hermeneutics and then violate the very things you're teaching by importing speculations that simply aren't in the text. Nowhere does Rev 22:11 describe the evil of the evildoers and the righteousness of righteous continuing for all eternity. What is there, is the angel sandwiching the statement between mentioning "not to seal up the propecy of the book for the time is near", and a statement referring to the coming judgement, where obviously the aforementioned evil and good will be judged. That precisely is what judgement is for, to JUDGE the good and evil deeds. To pretend that the judgement precedes the good and evil deeds just because you're desperately looking for something that you can use to harmonise the Platonist notion that all people will spent eternity somewhere, is not warranted by the text at all.

The idea that people will continue to sin in hell is nowhere in the Bible. It's a theory that theologians came up with to explain why God would infinitely torture people for finite crimes. It's a philosophical speculation, ancillary to the doctrine of eternal conscious torment. You cannot read that into the text, then claim the interpretation as proof for the doctrine of eternal conscious torment. One would expect that with such shoddy exegesis, and so much question begging you'd come across as less self-assured. 
I guess that's the Dunning-Kruger internet for you.

looks like you haven't anything new here just the same ole rhetoric … your view is so ridiculous it's like I should start running around warning everyone their going to sleep... where's the fear in that :24: But there is fear in The Lord and hell is why! I have shown everyone to my satisfaction that the Bible supports eternal conscious torment … 

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      The bible says that Jesus bore our sin on the Cross, so then,  who are we to not believe it. ?
      After all, if we are born again, then we have now become "the righteousness of Christ", and Jesus "became (our) sin". 2nd Corinthians 5:21, and what is also amazing, is that its God His Father that "made" this all happen.
      Here is a pretzel.....God is Jesus on the Cross, sending Himself down from Heaven, to Die as a Man.
      In John 1:10, Jesus was "standing on the earth HE CREATED", = "God said, LET THERE BE", in Genesis....... and this is JESUS now standing on it, and soon He was going to be hanging between the earth and sky that HE Created with.... words....and Jesus is the WORD ..... made flesh.

On the Cross, Jesus is not just dying for sin, He literally became sin.
      I'll show you somehting else that is pretty interesting, as maybe you've not thought this or been shown it before...
      You all know this verse......
      "we are not UNDER the Law but we are UNDER Grace".
      In other words, the reason for the Law....is that the law shows us our sinfulness, as this is the purpose of it, which then leads us to the One who dies for them on the Cross, gives us His Righteousness......you know, (Salvation).
      But notice this.... our NT says that the LAW was abolished, being NAILED to the Cross.
      Colossians 2:14
      Now this does not mean the law and the 10 C's are no longer behavioral lifestyle guides regarding our Christian Discipleship, sure...but what it means is that because Jesus fulfilled the law in our place, the law now has no authority to judge us as sinners.
      Remember, God's law does this, not Jesus, not God.
      This is why Jesus never JUDGED any one, He always said. "sins are forgiven", "go thy way"...etc..... as that is why HE CAME, whereas the Law can not do this, it can only judge you to be a sinner, based on ITSELF as it reveals God's morally righteous moral code.

So, Jesus abolished the law (took away its power to judge us as sinners), which is why Romans 4:8 has to be understood fully or Salvation can't be completely accepted or understood as it is meant to be, in both cases.

So, there is Jesus, dying on the cross, and where is the Law that is abolished and NAILED to the Cross with him??
      Its nailed.
      Where?
      Its above his HEAD.
      He is UNDER THE LAW, on the Cross, DYING.
      And we are NOT UNDER IT< because He died under it for us.

"You are not UNDER the Law but under GRACE , <. see that?  = Because Jesus is UNDER IT, on the Cross. He took away its power to JUDGE a born again believer.
      His death FINISHED not only our Eternal Redemption, but it also forever eliminated the Law's Legal right to judge us as SINNERS.

<B><

• By Behold
      Gospel : Paul teaching = "preaching of the Cross". "we preach Christ Crucified"..."Jesus sent me not to baptize but to preach the Gospel".."faith comes by hearing this".....

So, all that, if believed by an unbeliever resolves an eternal issue......
      What is the issue?
      What is God's purpose for coming to earth to die as Jesus The Christ on a Cross?
      What is He doing?...What is He alone solving, that all our 10 commandment keeping and holy lifestyle can never solve, which is WHY HE had to solve it? ?
      And right here is what is so often misunderstood, or not taught correctly, and this is why so many people who mean well, and love Jesus, or would like to love him, do not understand <>WHAT IS<> the actual reason that God came here to die.

So what is that reason?
      The reason, is that keeping the law, the 10 commandments, and doing good works, confessing sin, and living as holy as we can, could not make us acceptable to God..
      And here is the "catch 22".... It also can't AFTER you are saved.
      And right here is where "Legalism vs Grace" becomes the touchstone of constant fighting on forums, and everywhere else that it can show up where believers WILL clash.
      (Apparently this clash became such a long standing fight and fury on this forum that members here are barred from posting- fighting about it.)

It is a fact and statement of the CROSS that the law and the 10 Commandments can't make you righteous, they can only show you that you are unrighteous., as that is the actual purpose of the Law, as well as outlining what God expects regarding our basic moral conduct & behavior, once we are born again.
      So, how can it be that half the body of Christ is trying to keep all this, all these works, and they believe that this is "keeping them saved".
      Whereas the other half of the body of Christ is trusting in Jesus to keep them saved.
      So, do you see the line in the sand?
      Its this " What is keeping you SAVED"....that is the minefield of theological confusion.
      THATS the fight.
      Legalism vs Grace.
      Its happening on every forum like this one, and its the reason for 5000 denominations that don't agree, and 300 bibles that don't agree.
      This issue started with Paul and his preaching of "justification by Faith" >alone, and he wrote the letter to the Galatians that talks about it, and explains it.
      2000 yrs later, this issue of Legalism vs Grace is still a fist fight between those who say they are "Christians".

Isn't it interesting to realize that if the 10 commandments, or lawkeeping, or living holy, could save you or keep you saved, if that were the truth, then Jesus could have stayed in Heaven and saved Himself some PAIN.....
      But ita not the case.
      Now im not certain what you have been taught, but i teach that you "present your body a living sacrifice" and you to "live holy as God is holy", not to save yourself or keep yourself saved, but because this is what you should do, and what God expects, .. because you ARE saved.
      The Legalist would argue that .."no, you do it to stay saved", and if you don't then you're not.
      I wonder, reader, what you believe.

So, leaving all that now, lets just look at the problem that God had to come here and solve for us, as to look at this, is to understand the reason for Salvation which is to understand Salvation.
      Our problem we had, before we were saved, is only one thing, one issue only. And God Himself had to solve it, because we can't.
      We are born, and we get older, and we don't have any righteousness.
      None.
      And so, God can't accept us, because we are UNRIGHTEOUS. 
      This is "lost", "unsaved"....hellbound = we don't have any RIGHTEOUSNESS< as all of ours, are "filthy rags".
      So, in steps SALVATION... Down from Heaven God as The Christ arrives... The Cross has been raised.... As God bleeding out on the "tree" has come down from Heaven to give us HIS righteousness so that He can accept us, based on THAT.......and for no other reason will He accept you, or me.
      God, literally became a man, and died on a Cross, to GIVE US "the righteousness of Christ". (God's very own righteousness).
      And that is what salvation actually is....Its God coming to earth to give us His righteousness so that HE can accept us, as by giving us His very righteousness, this makes us acceptable to God.
      Welcome to Salvation.
      Salvation is only.... "what makes you acceptable to God"....and that is one thing, its GOD'S Righteousness, becoming ours.
      A born again person, has literally BECOME "the righteousness of Christ", and Christ is GOD.

To say that God's Grace is amazing, is really the least of what it is...
      How can you describe the wonder of God, dying to give you His righteousness in place of your unrighteousness, as a free Gift?
      Is there a word that can even claim to honor this spiritual transaction enough?
      Just one.
      LOVE. Agape` Love. God is LOVE  

blessings,

<B><

• By Behold
      John 3:16, the most universally "known" bible verse ever created...(probably), actually teaches OSAS, and is in fact OSAS.
      They are the same.
      God's Grace is OSAS
      John 3:16 is OSAS

Let me show you.
      Lets study this together.

So....once again, let me define OSAS, so that you understand it properly, as there are many liars let loose in the world who have created a false misunderstanding about this term, and so, you need to know what it really means. The Truth.
      Here is what it really means...
      OSAS really means... What saved you.......keeps you saved.
      We are KEPT saved by What saved Us.
      = We are saved by JESUS, and we are Kept saved by Jesus.  Philippians 1:6 
      Hebrews 12:2
      OSAS means, that the Blood of Jesus, that saved us, keeps us saved.
      Thats it.
      Thats what it means.

And here is John 3:16 that explains it as i have just defined it.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world......that HE GAVE His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVES IN JESUS, would not PERISH, but HAS eternal-everylasting life."

This verse is one of the ways the NT defines OSAS, and there are many many others.

So, lets look at this scripture, in LIGHT of OSAS that means....>"we are saved by Jesus and we are KEPT SAVED by Jesus. = OSAS

Now, im going to drill down into this verse a little bit for you, so that you can get the wide perspective of it, in case you are a preacher, teacher, .... or maybe you want to do a Sunday School lesson on this verse, at some point. Therefore, (as always) i'll rightly divide it for you, using in context NT verses that support it.

John 3:16........."For God so love the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son.

So, how did God give Him?.......God gave Jesus THE Christ, to the WORLD,  as a virgin born male, who is the "2nd Adam" who does not literally have an earthly father, which means Jesus is not born with a fallen Adamic (sin nature). Jesus's spiritual nature, is God, because Jesus is God.
      So then..
      He lives a sinless life, and goes to the Cross and dies there..... bearing our Sin. (God so Love the world) the verse says and this is why and to whom Jesus was sacrified ...... And once this is accomplished...(Cross = Salvation), then Jesus says from the Cross...>"it is finished". And that is correct. Salvation, The Blood Atonement is now a completed OFFERING, to the WORLD, to all who would come.... Its a finished Salvation that is waiting to be given for free, ALL THE TIME, EVERYDAY, to anyone who will by FAITH "believe on the name of Jesus, and you shall be SAVED".

Then.....and here comes OSAS.. you read in the verse that the born again who have obeyed this verse, (BELIEVED) will never "PERISH".....so, that is explained in John 10:28 were Jesus says you will never "perish", (can't go to hell, can't be damned)(eternal security)... and the born again are also GIVEN .. (you dont earn it) "Eternal Life". 
      Listen Saint...
      Eternal life IS not a time frame.. ok? This phrase does not mean..."infinity and forever"..but rather, this is the POWER OF JESUS created concept that refers to living with Him and God, in the family of God, as the Body Of Christ, in ETERNITY.
      "Eternal life", is Jesus Himself, who IS the "resurrection and the LIFE".....
      See that "life"...... THAT is eternal Life.......and here it is again...... John 14:6... Jesus saying....."i am The Way, The Truth, and THE LIFE"......and there it is again.
      Jesus is talking not about a time frame, but He is talking about HIMSELF< who IS Eternal Life... John 11:25 .. So,= this is OSAS......the fact that if you have Jesus..."Christ in you", and you are "in Christ", then because JESUS IS ETERNAL LIFE< then you have it right now, because you have HIM right now, and He has YOU right now
      = OSAS.
      Your Eternal Life, does not start after you are DEAD...... You have it NOW.
      You, the born again, are translated from darkness to Light.....right now.
      Jesus is the Light of the World and you are Children of the Light.....right NOW.
      Or as John says in  1 John 5:13 "i write these words so that you will KNOW".
      Know what?
      What does John want you to KNOW? ? ?
      That if you have BELIEVED on CHRIST, then you have ETERNAL LIFE.
      HAVE IT.........not waiting for it....but HAVE IT, = right now.
      So, see how ALL that fits like a glove with John 3:16 ?

This is the interesting thing about OSAS.....This understanding, is all over the NT.
      The NT is filled with verses that speak about how Jesus saves you and keeps you saved.
      Paul will tell you. John just told you, and in fact the entire NT is the Blood of Jesus being written to you as a revelation of God, and how He saved you using a Cross and KEEPS YOU Saved with the Blood of Christ that was shed for you.
      = OSAS.

blessings,

<dw><
    • By Ryan2203
      Is watching certain movies with swear words and saying swear words a serious sin? Will I go to hell for it?
    • By Haррy Felix
      Every now and then I can use a bit of confirmation that I'm doing the right things that Jesus ordered, as you may have noticed. That the signs point in the right direction, with an eye on the afterlife i.e. the Real Life. In my working life I developed a lot of 'scorecards' and now I found an interesting one that estimates or simulates no less than the future of my soul: Heaven or hell?
      All a bit presumptuous maybe, and I therefore really hope that this Achille Christian guy has thought very very well about the 40 questions an angel asks me in this 'game'. With God's Mercy set to 50% I'm going to Heaven all right. I'll have to try with 100% and 0%. For Roman Catholics, purgatory was optionally included.
      Maybe somebody on this forum is willing to make the effort of checking if the questions make good sense (I think reproducing the list here is not allowed). We still won't see the actual weighting, though. I saw a free version with 15 questions.