• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/29/1977

I have trouble just typing that word. Is anyone else here afraid of eternity? It disturbs me. Forever. Infinity. Never able to make it stop. I had believed that hell meant that a person ceases to exist. Blackness. Eternal sleep. So I wanted to go to hell. Now I know that hell is a conscious place. So I need to stop rejecting God and believe on him. But if my number one phobia is eternal consciousness, yet God IS eternal, he was and is and is to come. He's eternity. Eternity wants to live in me, and me in him? I'm afraid of "forever" yet God is bigger than forever. I'm afraid of God. God is my phobia? I'm afraid of infinity. God's already lived an infinite amount of time? All his attributes are infinite. I want to know and love him but that's asking me to know and love what I'm most afraid of. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Kaiallan said:

Is anyone else here afraid of eternity? It disturbs me. Forever. Infinity. Never able to make it stop.

I'm afraid of eternity too. It's disturbing because it's something that we, as humans, can't comprehend. Personally, I try not to think about it. I know it's real and that I'm going to be there after I die in either heaven or hell. So, even though it's a scary thought, I'd much rather focus on spending eternity in Heaven. That is why I'm here; trying to get help to get right with God.

2 hours ago, Kaiallan said:

I want to know and love him but that's asking me to know and love what I'm most afraid of. 

Sometimes we have to face down our fears, you know? I'm not saying that I've been able to face down all of my fears either, but you have to at least come to the point where you accept the facts. I'm scared of the act of dying, but I know it's going to happen sooner or later, so I just try not to think about it until the time comes. There's no sense dwelling on things that we can't change. 

I don't know what else to say right now. But it sounds like you've been learning from some great believers here. Keep it up! You'll get there. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Kaiallan said:

I have trouble just typing that word. Is anyone else here afraid of eternity? It disturbs me. Forever. Infinity. Never able to make it stop. I had believed that hell meant that a person ceases to exist. Blackness. Eternal sleep. So I wanted to go to hell. Now I know that hell is a conscious place. So I need to stop rejecting God and believe on him. But if my number one phobia is eternal consciousness, yet God IS eternal, he was and is and is to come. He's eternity. Eternity wants to live in me, and me in him? I'm afraid of "forever" yet God is bigger than forever. I'm afraid of God. God is my phobia? I'm afraid of infinity. God's already lived an infinite amount of time? All his attributes are infinite. I want to know and love him but that's asking me to know and love what I'm most afraid of. 

Eternal life does cause a lot of people fear.. Because they are looking at it from their current condition of being a limited flesh Human Being.. Part of the process we shall go through as we enter into eternity will be a transformation of both our bodies but also our spirit.. Thus we will be changed from our current state of being into an one suited to existing for Eternity..   So short answer.. No need to worry because you will be changed to be able to handle Eternity..

Edited by Adstar
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

We need to remember what the Bible teaches us about eternal life, no more tears or suffering.   Jesus said He goes to prepare a place for us, that where He is we may be also.   He tells us to not let our hearts be troubled.  He says in His Father's house are many mansions or dwelling places.   (See John chapter 14:1-3).

Just as we were born and came into this world....after death, we will pass into a new existence that we can't understand right now, but it will be wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The fear of the Lord is the beginnings of wisdom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/15/2018 at 2:59 AM, Kaiallan said:

Eternity excites me! I also don't see it necessarily as being never ending linear time, as we experience this age. I see time as a current in an ocean called eternity. 

The possibilities are both exciting and endless. I'm very much looking forward to it!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/15/2018 at 2:59 AM, Kaiallan said:

I had believed that hell meant that a person ceases to exist. Blackness. Eternal sleep. So I wanted to go to hell. Now I know that hell is a conscious place. 

I'm gonna need to disagree with both of those to a degree. I completely agree with your first sentence, but not your clarification as eternal sleep. Eternal sleep is not at all the same thing as ceasing to exist. 

This clarifies it wonderfully: http://jewishnotgreek.com/