• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, 1to3 said:

God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit are ONE like the composition of water is: 1)liquid, 2)solid,3)vapor

2)solid and 3) vapor are two other states of its original composition 1)water yet they are ALL of the same composition.

we man/woman, are made from dust and shall return to dust,(Genesis 2:7) and Gods breathed into us life. what keeps us alive is Gods Holy Spirit living inside us.

without Gods Holy Spirit living inside us, we cannot connect back to God EVER.

John 14:20

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
19In a little while, the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.”…

John 15:4

Jesus the True Vine
3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. 5I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.…

John 17:23

Prayer for all Believers
22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one— 23I in them and You in Me — that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me. 24Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, that they may see the glory You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Revelation 14:2

The Lamb and the 144,000
1Then I looked and saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand who had His name and His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and the loud rumbling of thunder. And the sound I heard was like harpists strumming their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. And no one could learn the song except the one hundred forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth.

Ezekiel 43:2

The Lord's Glory Returns to the Temple
1Then he led me to the gate, the gate facing toward the east; 2and behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory. 3And it was like the appearance of the vision which I saw, like the vision which I saw when He came to destroy the city. And the visions were like the vision which I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell on my face.

Drawing Water

Isaiah 12:3
 Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

Drinking Water

John 4:14
 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Flowing Water

John 7:38
 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"

Living Water

but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Running Water From God

Isaiah 44:3
 'For I will pour out water on the thirsty land And streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring And My blessing on your descendants;

Seeking Water

Psalm 63:1
 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water

The Holy Spirit Described As Water

John 7:37-39
Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.

The Water Of Life

John 7:38-39

christ jesus said:"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living wate

Things Like Water

Isaiah 58:11
 "And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

Walking Through Water

Isaiah 43:2
 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.

Water, As A Symbol Of Life

Water, As A Symbol Of Salvation

Isaiah12:3

Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

John 7:37-39
Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Isaiah 44:3

'For I will pour out water on the thirsty land And streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring And My blessing on your descendants;

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Edited by 1to3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 4/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, Autrey1 said:

Many people think that since God speaks of the the Holy Spirit this means that the Holy Spirit is an entity separate from God.  But it does not.   The key to understanding this mystery is to understand that, much as we do, God talks among himself.  He has always done this (from eternity) and always will. 

In other words there is conversation in God's mind between himself as the Father, Himself as the Son, and himself as the Holy Spirit: As a Trinity, you might say.   What I am saying is, the Father is him, the Son is him, and the Holy Spirit is him.  So when he metaphorically talks of sending the Holy Spirit, it is him way of saying that he is coming himself.

But as the 4 Gospels point out, God always speaks to us as Jesus, and he always will.  

May God bless you,

Autrey1

Hello brother.  Just want to clarify,  we believe in One God revealed in three persons.  This is a mystery but the Godhead is three separate persons.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus was worshipped by his apostles, claimed supreme divine authority that's usually given to God, and spoke of the trinity in plain words in the chapter of Matthew 28:

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When The Son came into His body as Redeemer He said this

John 14:6-9
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
KJV

Notice the distinction of cometh unto the Father but by Me... so profoundly shown at the baptism
Matt 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
KJV

The distinction of place and purpose must be adhered to or you go outside of the boundary of God's Word... 
Gen 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was raised from the dead by God.. In fact it is core Christian belief that God raised Jesus from the Dead..

Acts 13: KJV

26 "Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. {27} For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. {28} And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. {29} And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. {30} But God raised him from the dead: {31} And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people."

But what did Jesus say to those who sought a sign..

John 2: KJV

18 "¶ Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? {19} Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. {20} Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? {21} But he spake of the temple of his body. {22} When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

So if one believes in the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God then one must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and Jesus raised himself from the dead.. Therefore Jesus Must be God..

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

-

Thomas The Apostle knelt before God and said...."my Lord and my GOD".   John 20:28

And God standing there before him,  didn't correct him, and that is because John 14:6 says that God is THE Truth......Not just truth, but TRUTH INCARNATE, TRUTH MANIFESTED in the flesh......= THE Truth who IS God.

And... as THE TRUTH who IS GOD, didnt' correct Thomas, then God would certainly know why.

So, thats good enough for me.

<B><

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Why is it that people can discuss the subject of is Jesus as God but will never define what the writers of the Bible understand as the meaning of the word God/god.  And in Hebrew and Greek there really isn't any difference between God and God except for context decision of the translator.