• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

How can Jesus Christ be the Son of God? 

In English, we have only one word for Son, which is “Son” meaning a boy derived from his parents by sex. The New Testament was written in the Greek language, and Greek has two words for “Son” being: 

1. TEKNON means a boy, derived from his parents by sex. This word, TEKNON is never used in the New Testament to describe Jesus as the “Son of God,” because we all agree, both Muslims, Christians, Quran and the Bible, that God does not have sex, does not have a wife, girlfriend, or babies. True? 

2. HUIOS means same nature as, eg. Son of peace (Luke 10:36) means you have the nature of peace, or sons of disobedience (Eph 5:6). Jesus as “Son of God” means that He has 100% the same nature as God. Jesus is also called in the New Testament the “only begotten” Son of God. 

In Greek this is mono genes huios 

1. “mono” means “one and same”, for example the monorail travels on one rail. 

2. “genes” means “genetics”. We have about 25,000 genes which determine our every detail. So, Jesus as the “only begotten Son of God” means that He has the same genetics and the same nature as God. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Autrey1

The solution to this mystery seems to center around the question of how Jesus be the Son of God and God himself at he same time.  But he can and he is.  The key is to understand that the term Son of God is just a metaphor Jesus used to explain his human birth and to explain himself as he walked on earth as a human: a metaphoric expression you might say.

It goes all the way back to what Jesus says about himself in Psalm 2.  "The King (that's Jesus) proclaims this decree.  That today when I am born on earth as a man I will call myself the Son of God."  And that's exactly what he did!  "And all the nations of the earth will submit to me in fear and tremblings.  For I am King."

And Jesus also used many other metaphors of himself.  81 times he called himself the Son of Man.  Oftentimes he called himself the Son of David.  And at other times he called himself the Son of Righteousness.  And none of these titles stopped him from being God.  So as it says in John 1:1, "... and the Word (that's Jesus) was God.

God bless you,

Autrey1