questions about the war and the bible

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

hi  sorry i haven't been here for a while  theres a  lot going on at the moment ,  i have questions  about whats going on in the world right now with the syria and us / uk  alied forces  is it true that there is something in the bible about  this i heard that there are something to do with nations at war 

i have a real  fear that am going to hell for sinning  i know jesus died for our sins but if we keep  sinning arent we going to hell because of that

sorry i dont read the bible very much because i find it hard to read sometimes  thank you 

Ella 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  71

sorry this makes no sense

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Ella said:

hi  sorry i haven't been here for a while  theres a  lot going on at the moment ,  i have questions  about whats going on in the world right now with the syria and us / uk  alied forces  is it true that there is something in the bible about  this i heard that there are something to do with nations at war 

i have a real  fear that am going to hell for sinning  i know jesus died for our sins but if we keep  sinning arent we going to hell because of that

sorry i dont read the bible very much because i find it hard to read sometimes  thank you 

Ella 

Ella, do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Ella said:

Ella 

Ella, there is nothing in the Bible about this particular aggression between certain powers.  The only thing that is said about wars is what Jesus said to his disciples when they asked what would be the sign of his return.

He said, "There will be wars and rumors of wars......"  Many people today think that every single war, conflict, and aggression is something the Bible speaks to and is a sign that Christ is returning.  That's not so.  How do I know that?  Because Jesus kept on talking. "....but see that you are not discouraged.  These things will happen, but that doesn't mean the end."  Matthew 24

It is important that Christians do their best in following God's word and commandments.  That means to reject sin.  Yet we are in a body of flesh and we do sin.  When we do, we should repent, and turn to God.  Ask God for the way of escape.  He promises one in 1 Corinthians 10.  God says that there is no temptation of sin that the whole world doesn't understand.  In other words, Ella,  the sins you commit and are tired of  - well, there are millions who are tempted with the same sins.  

That same passage says that God will always give us a way of escape.  What does that mean?  Well, sins start in our hearts and minds.  His word - reading it and memorizing it - will remind us of the consequences of sin and the rejection of the devil.

If you don't read the Bible much because you find it hard to read, then you should get one that you CAN read.

If you'd like to talk about Bibles, we can.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If you have asked Jesus to forgive all your sins, asked him to live in your heart and guide you, and committed yourself to following him, then you are SAVED, period!

We all keep sinning because we are still sinners. The question is how "okay" are you about that fact? Do you care and make an effort? If so then you are not unrepentant.

If you have given your heart to Jesus then you have nothing to fear!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  36
  • Birthday:  07/08/1984

I've done some extensive study about that region (and did a tour in Iraq also)

Believe things are being set up for some OT prophesy fulfillment- Isaiah Ch. 17 talks about the destruction of Damascus. I believe this sets up the chain of events described in Ezekiel Ch. 38 and 39. Syria is allied with Russia and Iran, in Ezekiel it mentions Iran and Russia and some others that go after Israel. I think Israel is gonna do a whupin on Damascus...hint: this wont be the last time we hear about chemical weapons.

Ella it took years and years for it to start making sense to me....and lots of analysis. I made 10 predictions about the region 4 years ago and so far 6 of them have been correct

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ella the most common mistake people make is they don't understand how to find God... there is only one resource which is His Word and by your own witness so far to us is it is to difficult to read... God being God decided this was 'the way' for people to find Him
Here is an object treatise on The Word of God:

THE BIBLE (it's uniqueness and inspiration)

Although the above statement is presuppositional, as is all human knowledge, it does not mean that there is no credible supportive evidence. At this point let us examine some of this evidence.
A. The Bible contains very precise predictions (historical, not typological [i.e., Hos 11:1] or apocalyptic [i.e., Zech 9]) about future events, not in vague formulations, but in specific and often shocking preciseness. Two good examples follow.
1. The area of Jesus' ministry was predicted to be in Galilee, Isa 9:1. This was very unexpected by Judean Jewry because Galilee was not considered to be quite Kosher because of its physical distance from the Temple. Yet, the majority of Jesus' ministry was spent in this geographical area.
2. The place of Jesus' birth is specifically recorded in Mic 5:2. Bethlehem was a very small village whose only claim to fame was that the family of Jesse lived there. Yet, 750 years before the birth of Jesus the Bible specifically pinpoints this as the birthplace of the Messiah. Even the rabbinical scholars of Herod's court knew this (Matt 2:4-6). Some may doubt the 8 th century B.C. date for both Isaiah and Micah, however, because of the Septuagint (which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scripture, which was begun about  250-200 B.C.), even at the very minimum these prophecies were made over 200 years before their fulfillment.
B. Another evidence relates to the modern scientific discipline of archaeology. The last few decades have seen a tremendous amount of archaeological discovery. To my knowledge there have not been any finds that have repudiated the Bible's historical accuracies (Nelson Glueck, Rivers in the Desert, p. 31, "No archaeological discovery has ever been made that contradicts or controverts historical statements of Scripture"), quite the contrary. Archaeology has facilitated confidence in the historicity of the Bible over and over again.
1. One example is the use of Mesopotamian names in the Nuzi and Mari Tablets of the second millennium B.C., which also occur in Genesis. Now these are not the same people, but the same names. Names are characteristic of a particular time and place. The names "Terah" and "Nahor" are common to the biblical record and in these ancient tablets.
2. The existence of a Hittite civilization in Asia Minor is another example. For many years (19 th century) secular history had no references to the stable, highly developed culture known by this name. However, Gen 10 and the historical books of the Bible mention them many times (2 Kings 7:6,7; 2 Chron 1:17). Archaeology has since confirmed, not only their existence, but their longevity and power (i.e., 1950, archeologists found royal library of 2,000 cuneiform tablets where the nation was called both Anatolia and Hittite).
3. The existence of Belshazzar, the last Babylonian king (Dan 5), has often been denied. There are ten lists of Babylonian kings in secular history taken from Babylonian documents, but none contain Belshazzar's name. With further archaeological finds it became obvious that Belshazzar was co-regent and the official in charge during that period of time. His father, Nabonidus, whose mother was the high priestess of the moon goddess, Zin, had become so involved in the worship of Zin (Nana) that he had moved to Tema (Arabia), her holy city, while on a ten-year military campaign against Egypt. He left his son, Belshazzar, to reign in the city of Babylon in his absence.
C. A further evidence for a supernatural Bible is the consistency of its message. This is not to say that the Bible does not contain some paradoxical material, but it also does not contradict itself. This is amazing when one considers that it was written over a 1600/1400 year period (depending on the date of the Exodus, i.e., 1495,  1290 B.C.) by authors of radically different educational and cultural backgrounds from Mesopotamia to Egypt. It is composed of various literary genres and is written in three separate languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek). Yet, even with all of this variety, a unified message (i.e., plot line) is presented.
D. Finally, one of the most marvelous evidences for the Bible's unique inspiration is the permanently morally changed lives of men and women from different cultures, different educational levels, and different socio-economic levels through history. Wherever the Bible has simply been read, radical, permanent lifestyle changes have occurred. The Bible is its own best apologist.
(from Utley Bible Commentary Special Topics, Copyright © 2013 by Bible Lessons International. All rights reserved.)

Guest BacKaran

Hi Ella

visit a bookstore and look at the different types of Bibles and buy the one you can read.

I dont like King James as its not the normal way for me talk and  have a conversation and I get confused on thee and thous...

I really like the English Standard Version and John MacArthurs Study bible.

Blessings on your journey!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Ella.  I want to address the second and third lines of your first post above.

Wingnut asked if you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Ella, the Lord loves us as individuals.  He created each one of us with our own distinct spirit, soul and body.  In previous posts you have indicated your desire to know the Lord, and expressed that you weren't sure you could be acceptable.

Ella, dear lady, I believe the Lord wants you to be part of His family.  Please believe us when we tell you that you come to the Lord as you are, and He will do the work to see you through.  All you need to do is receive Him by faith, through grace, as outlined in Ephesians 2:8+9.

The purpose of my post is to let you know that, because He loves us as individuals, He knows us - each one of us - better than we know ourselves.  He knows all our problems, weaknesses, faults and sins.  Please know that you are absolutely acceptable to Him.  Jesus loves you Ella. He loves you.  You needn't worry.  If indeed you don't have that relationship with Him that Wingnut asked you about, then just ask Him to forgive your sins, repent and follow Him as closely as you can.  Read others' posts as well.

I have known a sister almost from her birth who has Downs' Syndrome.  She loves Jesus, and has faith in Him.  Because Jesus knows her and loves her, she is saved.  It doesn't matter if she doesn't understand everything.  She is saved.

We are all different.  It's all okay.  He accepts us and deals with us individually.  Just put your trust in Him.  Believe me, none of us is perfect or will be until we all see Him face to face!  He understands all our difficulties and the problems we face.  He will show you The Way.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello again Ella

Having stated the above, I now feel the need to let you know that, once we are born-again believers, Jesus expects us to follow Him and obey His commandments.  He expects us to read His Word, and let Him regenerate our minds and bring us into obedience to Him.  We need to put Him first in our lives.  This is an ongoing work, but He rewards those who diligently seek Him.  He wants us to seek first the Kingdom of God, and all His righteousness, and all other things will be added unto us.  He does not want us to live in fear; He wants us to live in reverence before Him, recognising that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no man comes to the Father except by/through Him.  I will pray for you.  You are loved. 

• Thumbs Up 1