Blood Bought 1953

Musings about Hell pt2

Not everyone subscribes to the idea that Hell  is an eternal torture camp. Some say the fires of hell are eternal but the unsaved actually do what the Bible says they do. They perish.They cease to exist. Satan will endure eternal torment.Satan is responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened on this planet.Stubbed ties, crucifixions and everything in- between.He should get more of a punishment than the average “ good guy” religionists I would think. I could be wrong.Could make for a good debate....maybe I’ll start a new thread.

As usual there are problems with every biblical story. Satan was once an angel, then Lucifer (the giver of light) but then rebelled against God to become a fallen angel and the prince of darkness. He will tempt you in so many ways. He is responsible for all the evil in the world, past and present. Quite a guy.

For by him (God) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.” (Colossians 1:16)

God is the creator of all things. The Earth with its life, the Universe with its 2 trillion galaxies, then why did God feel the need to create the Devil?

That's mean!

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Not everyone subscribes to the idea that Hell  is an eternal torture camp. Some say the fires of hell are eternal but the unsaved actually do what the Bible says they do. They perish.They cease to exist. Satan will endure eternal torment.Satan is responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened on this planet.Stubbed ties, crucifixions and everything in- between.He should get more of a punishment than the average “ good guy” religionists I would think. I could be wrong.Could make for a good debate....maybe I’ll start a new thread.

Well, without wanting to seem like I'm jump on every little word (I'm not that type), scripture doesn't actually say Hell will be eternal. It says Death and Hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire, and that the Lake of Fire is what will be eternal (Revelations 20:14).

I'd rather not think about eternal torment, there do seem to scriptures that suggest it will take place, especially Isaiah 66:24. If their worm will not die then the assumption is that they can't either. If they were to completely perish and blow away, there would be nothing left for their worms to survive on.

Just a musing... since we're musing.   

12 hours ago, steve w said:

As usual there are problems with every biblical story. Satan was once an angel, then Lucifer (the giver of light) but then rebelled against God to become a fallen angel and the prince of darkness. He will tempt you in so many ways. He is responsible for all the evil in the world, past and present. Quite a guy.

God is the creator of all things. The Earth with its life, the Universe with its 2 trillion galaxies, then why did God feel the need to create the Devil?

That's mean!

God never created the Devil. God created an arc-angel called Lucifer, meaning "light bringer." He was a perfect created angelic being,

Ezekiel. 28:15, "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

He was created with free moral agency as ever being God created has. Unfortunately for Lucifer he became jealous of God and wanted to be like Him and he convinced one third of God's angels to follow him in a rebellion against God.

In the end, he, and all his followers will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Hell itself; (Matt. 16:18; Luke 16:19-31). This is the torment part in
the unseen world and was, still is, and will yet be the abode of all the wicked
souls and spirits of men from Able to the end of the Millennium. Then, at this
time all the wicked will be liberated out of this prison and will be given
their own immortal bodies and be judged before being cast into the "lake
of fire" forever (Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).

The Lake of Fire, is the eternal Hell and perdition of wicked men,
demons, fallen angels, and all rebellious creatures of all ages who have ever
rebelled against God, and who have refused to repent when they could have. It
is called "The Gehenna of Fire" and is always translated Hell (Matt.
5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43-45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6).
This prison is also called "the second death, which is the lake of
fire" (Rev. 2:11; 20:6, 14). This final Hell was prepared for the devil
and all his angels (Matt. 25:41-46), and for all other rebells, and it is
ETERNAL in duration (Rev. 14:9-14; 20:10-15; Isa. 66:22-24; Matt. 25:46). There
is no record in Scripture of anyone being the lake of fire at present.
Scripture does show that the beast and the false prophet will be the first to
be cast into it. This will happen before the Millennium (Rev. 19:20). They will
still be there 1,000 years later when the devil and all other rebels will be
cast into it (Rev. 20:10-15).