• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

21 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Some think this to mean > as in 'pure' bloodline without taint, unlike the nephilim - prodgeny of fallen angels/human women.

Yes. I have read this too.

Noah was also given the duty to collect and preserve.

The days of Noah are referred to pre and post flood in the bible and are both connected by common factors signified.

(Genesis 6:5). Verses 11 and 12 say, “Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence. And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.” However, “Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord” (verse 8).

Matthew 24:37-39 New English Translation (NET Bible)

37 For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. 38 For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark.39 And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man.

Edited by Dan_79
times meant days
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

4 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I may be wrong, but is Cush in the line of Ham (Noah) : Cush>Egypt?

Cush>dark skin

The curse occurs in the book of genesis and concerns Noah's drunkenness and the accompanying shameful act perpetrated by his son Ham, the father of Canaan (Gen. 9:20–27

Has Ham (the father of Cush) lost his inheritence?

A clue is given "as seeing his fathers nakedness". 

Leviticus 18:7 King James Version (KJV)

The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

It has been suggested that since Noah was drunk at the time in his tent and on account of marriage "two become one in the flesh"

He uncovered his mothers nakedness also:

"Canaan, Moab, and Ammon were the consequence of incest."

To determine if Cush is a black person will require closer look at scripture. On the face of it I have not found anyhting that determines Cush by black skin color so far.

I am reading this link from the same website as bible commentary to try and understand your question.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/TableofNations.html

Edited by Dan_79

The origin of the name Cush is irretrievably obscure, and none of the translators have more to say about it than that it is related to Ethiopia and to perhaps having a dark countenance. The prophet Jeremiah rhetorically asks, "Can the Cushite change his skin?" (Jeremiah 13:23), which may or may not suggest that the Cushites were known for being black. Still, this says very little about the meaning of the name Cush.

Edited by Dan_79

5 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

The origin of the name Cush is irretrievably obscure, and none of the translators have more to say about it than that it is related to Ethiopia and to perhaps having a dark countenance. The prophet Jeremiah rhetorically asks, "Can the Cushite change his skin?" (Jeremiah 13:23), which may or may not suggest that the Cushites were known for being black. Still, this says very little about the meaning of the name Cush.

The writer also puts foward that the flood was not universal (suggesting post flood non adamic nations) 

?

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

@Dan_79

I took a quick look at the link to the voice-of-israel site and looked up a bit on the author of that piece, Ted R Weiland.  I then glanced around his personal site (missiontoisreal.org).  I have no doubt as to his sincerity or zeal.   I also spent some time skimming the voice-of-israel site as well.  I have few doubts that most of the people running these sites are indeed Christians characterized by much zeal, sincerity, and good motives.  However, I think that they expending a lot of time and effort on spiritual wild goose chases.

It is worth considering what Paul wrote to Timothy.  Paul was giving this young man advice on how to be an effective minister of the gospel.

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith.5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.  I Tim 1:3-7 NIV

Paul gave similar advice to Titus.

8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone. 9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.  Titus 3:8-9 NIV

I see sites like the voice-of-israel and missiontoisrael as promoting controversial speculations and engaging in foolish controversies.  I found one long article dedicated to discussing the issue of whether or not Eve had sex with Satan who then might be Cain's father and such articles as to whether or not Queen Elizabeth was a descendant of King David or not.  Now, they were arguing against those views, but filling a site full of such things is a distraction away from the simplicity of the gospel.   

What I could not find on those sites were clear and plain articles talking about basic Christian living.  How to have a good prayer life, how to study the bible, how to have a devotional time, how to get involved with local ministry.  These sites seem dedicated to piling up detail upon detail arguing over speculative things.  One could spent one's entire life studying materials like this and never see the end of it.   All of this speculative (and frankly weird) stuff is a distraction from basic Christian living and growth.  Instead of teaching people how to learn to walk with God on their own, they are making people dependent upon them to keep coming back and reading their articles and books to find the latest insight into some new issue.

In over 4 decades of being a Christian, I've learned that the best way to grow spiritually is to spend our time on those things that help us grow and move forward.   Being a Christian is about being transformed into the person God created us to be and consistently walking with God.  It is about being changed so that our life is characterized by love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control, and gentleness.  It is about seeing God at work in our lives and others.  

When I first became a Christian, I became hooked on stuff like those sites, looking for hidden mysteries and truths that the church was missing.  I thought that the really important truths from God were deeply hidden so that only a few could find them.   Over time, I realized that the greatest mystery in life and the deepest truths were "who did God create me to be?" and "why in the world does the Creator of everything want to have a relationship with His creation?"   I found that the greatest search for truth was to know God Himself better and better and learn more and more how to see myself through His eyes.   As I did this, I found that more transforming and more deeply satisfying than all those speculative things I had worried about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you brother.

I might be filling my mind with the wrong information, that is always a danger I face every day.

Jesus studied the law.

I also need to recieve the commandments correctly or have a firm grasp on them so that I can love God with all my heart and all my soul. 

The racial aspects of the LAW contained in scripture are part of the "whole" of scripture and perhaps I am only seeing this as the main assault on my brothers and sisters. I am genuinely concerned and passionate about my kindred peoples and seeing their inheritance being snatched away from them by nothing more than fear of political correctness and false teachers. In doing so I neglect myself perhaps, from knowing and getting closer to God.

I understand your warning.

I very much appreciate you saying what you have and I will take it on board.

Im hungry for knowledge as well which takes over sometimes.

Dan

Edited by Dan_79