• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Already answered your question. My question, can God become a frog? If he can then why didn't he become?

You didn't answer the question, can God create a son without a consort or does he need a wife first? By the way the Bible doesn't say she was impregnated that's what the Quran says 

Qur'an 66:12

ومريم ابنت عمران التي احصنت فرجها فنفخنا فيه من روحنا وصدقت بكلمات ربها وكتبه وكانت من القانتين

فرجها means her genital part this verse is basically saying that we blew our spirit into her vagina?

And just in case you try to play around with the meaning of the word فرج:

Dictionary Word Meaning

Google Translate:الفرج (Al-Farj)vagina

Babylon.com:الفرج (Al-Farj)n. pussy, vulva, relief 

TranStar:الفرج (Al-Farj)vulva

SYSTRAnet.comالفرج (Al-Farj)the pussy

Translated.net:الفرج (Al-Farj)vulva

ImTranslator.com:الفرج (Al-Farj)vulva

Ectaco:الفرج (Al-Farj)

Guest shiloh357
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

This is a list of "contradictions" in the bible that OneGod PM'd to me. 

I dont have a lot of time to answer them quickly, not having the internet at home so I thought I'd post the list here. I stopped for the moment at #7 I dont mind continuing on, but its such a long list if anyone wants to help out, be my guest

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 21:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8)
Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

Three months (2 Kings 24:8)
Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8)
Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?

Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)
13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?

Twenty-sixth year  (I Kings 15:33 - 16:8)
Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?

Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)
15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?

Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?

Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?

Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8)
Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?

One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?

Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?

Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?

Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:

29,818 (Ezra)
31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?

Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?

Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?

Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?

Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?

Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?

Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?

Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?

Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)

These are not legitimately called "contradictions."  Contradictions are things that cannot both be true at the same time.   For example.  If the Bible says that Judas committed suicide in one Gospel and then another Gospel said that Judas was  murdered by a Roman  soldier, THAT would be a contradiction. 

The information provided as "contradictions"  are easily reconciled because the Bible often gives two accounts of the same things, but they carry different secondary details.  

For example, each of the Gospels has a different account of how many women appeared at the Garden tomb after Jesus was resurrected.  Those are not contradictions, but contain different secondary information because each writer had a different perspective.   They can be taken together as one historical event because there was more than one group of women that made trips to the tomb.

One time I went to a St. Louis Cardinal's baseball game.   While I was there, before the game started, I ran into some old family friends and we talked a little bit and did some catching up.    Later than evening when I got home, I told my mom about the friends I saw at the game.  I knew she would be interested in that.   I didn't talk to her about the game because she doesn't like sports.   

The next day, I told the guys at work about the game and the highlights and best plays in the game.  I omitted the story about my friends because it wasn't important to my purpose in talking to the guys about the game. 

So there you have two completely different stories about the same event and yet both stories are completely true. 

So it is possible to have two perspectives on the same story with different secondary details and yet both sets of information are correct.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Be He Glorified! He is Allah, the One, the Absolute. 

Qur'an 39:4

Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth; How can He have a son when He has no consort?

He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things  

Qur'an 6:101

Listen to your Quran, one verse says he can have a son but is above such things one says he can't make a son even if he wanted to since he needs a consort.

What a confusing book.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, GeorgeTwo said:

What do you think "begotten" means?

The Holy Spirit by His power caused the conception of Jesus -- no sex involved.

Jesus is not like Adam because Adam was created and Jesus was conceived.

Why does your Allah need a wife in order to have a son?

I am not saying Jesus was like Adam. I'm saying God wants something to happen he wishes it and it happens. Can you direct me to verse where Allah says he needs wife!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

45 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Be He Glorified! He is Allah, the One, the Absolute. 

Qur'an 39:4

Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth; How can He have a son when He has no consort?

He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things  

Qur'an 6:101

Listen to your Quran, one verse says he can have a son but is above such things one says he can't make a son even if he wanted to since he needs a consort.

What a confusing book.

Muslims do not believe God could beget a son because they have this mistaken idea that we believe God came down in the flesh and had sex with Mary. totally wrong.

I told OneGod I would continue this discussion on the forum, so I am just picking from the list at random

Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)

Matthew 11:14

And if ye will receive it
The words carry in them some suspicion of unbelief and hardness of heart, as though they would not receive it: however, whether they would or not, it was a certain truth, that

this 
same person, "John the Baptist",

is Elias, which was for to come;
who was appointed by God to come, and was prophesied of ( Malachi 4:5 ) that he should come; and even according to the doctrine of the Scribes and Rabbins, he was expected to come before the Messiah; only they in general thought that Elijah the Tishbite, in person, was meant; though some, as before observed F5, were of opinion, that some great prophet equal to Elijah, and endued with the same spirit, is intended; and which is true of John the Baptist, who came "in the Spirit" and "power" of Elias, ( Luke 1:17 ) . And, as it was usual with the Jews , to call Phinehas by the name of Elias, and Elias Phinehas, because of his zeal for the Lord of hosts; for the same reason may John be called by the same name, there being a great resemblance between Elias and him; in their temper and disposition; in their manner of clothing, and austere way of living; in their very great piety and holiness; in their courage and integrity, in reproving vice; and in their zeal and usefulness in the cause of God, and true religion: in respect to which, Christ must be here understood, when he affirms John to be Elias; not Elias in person, but he that was intended by Elias, that was said should come: hence here is no contradiction to the words of the Baptist, in ( John 1:21 ) when he says, that he was not Elias; for the Jews, who put the question to him, whether he was Elias, or not? meant whether he was Elias in person, Elias the Tishbite, or not; and so John understood them, and very honestly and sincerely replies, he was not: but he does not deny that he was intended by this Elias, that was prophesied should come; yea, he says such things as might induce them to believe he was that person; hence, Christ, and he, say nothing contrary to, and irreconcilable, as the Jew F7 suggests, with each other.

Matthew 17:10

And his disciples asked him, saying
That is, these three, Peter, James, and John, before they came to the rest; whilst they were going down the mountain, or from it, to the place where the others were; for the rest knew nothing of the appearance of Elias, and so cannot be thought to join in a question concerning him.

Why then say the Scribes, that Elias must first come?
That is, come before the Messiah comes; for certain it is, that this was the sense of the Scribes, as it was of the ancient Jews, and is still the opinion of the modern ones. They say F8,

``that in the second year of Ahaziah, Elias was hid; nor will he appear, till the Messiah comes; then he will appear, and will be hid a second time; and then will not appear, till Gog and Magog come.''

The answer is YES John the Baptist was Elijah but the Hellenized Pharisees had this belief in the Greek transmigration of souls, sort of like reincarnation. They believed that he was physically literally Elijah reborn. This is not the same as what Jesus taught, that John the baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

1 hour ago, OneGodBeliever said:

It's not difficult for God to create man without a father.

Tell me how God can be the literal Creator of Jesus and yet not be His Father? Tell me how Jesus can have God as a literal Father and not be fully man and fully God.

Even your Koran calls Jesus the Word of God. What does the bible say about the Word?

John 1:1-2

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 

The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM (Jesus) and through him nothing was made that was made. No created being can ever be a creator. 

John 1:10

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. Read here Jesus is God who created the world and yet the word knew Him not AS GOD.

John 1:14

And the Word was MADE FLESH and dwelt among us......

The Word of God was made flesh

You cannot separate the Word of God from God Himself

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

You didn't answer the question, can God create a son without a consort or does he need a wife first?

Like God created Adam without a mother and a father, he can create Jesus without a father. Its blasphemy to say God has a son.

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

What verse in quran

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Like God created Adam without a mother and a father, he can create Jesus without a father. Its blasphemy to say God has a son.

The use of "father" and "son" in the Bible's reference to Jesus and God the Father is not paternal.  It is not like an earthly father/son relationship.   Jesus is not the offspring of the Father.    "Father" and "Son" refer to rank.    Jesus is God.  He is co-eternal with the Father.   Both are fully God.   Jesus is not the offspring of God the Father.  He is the "Son" only in the sense that He is subordinate in rank to the Father.

2 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Tell me how God can be the literal Creator of Jesus and yet not be His Father? Tell me how Jesus can have God as a literal Father and not be fully man and fully God.

How is it difficult to understand. God wished Mary to have a son without father and said Be and he came into existence in Mary's womb. It was a sign from God to the people. When people accused Mary of the child as she was not married, Jesus as an infant spoke in defence of Mary.

5 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Even your Koran calls Jesus the Word of God

We do not take the meaning of word from Bible.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The use of "father" and "son" in the Bible's reference to Jesus and God the Father is not paternal.  It is not like an earthly father/son relationship.   Jesus is not the offspring of the Father.    "Father" and "Son" refer to rank.    Jesus is God.  He is co-eternal with the Father.   Both are fully God.   Jesus is not the offspring of God the Father.  He is the "Son" only in the sense that He is subordinate in rank to the Father.

Did you know God calls many others as his sons in bible and I think two others as begotten of God?

Edited by OneGodBeliever