• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Your opinion has no value. Whatever you say means nothing. My opinion is Christianity originated from hinduism. Now prove its wasn't.

The story of the baby Jesus speaking found in Suras 19:29-31 and 3:46 parallels that in the apocryphal works: 

‏But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live:

Qur'an 19:29-31

And he will speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he will be) one of the good ones.

Qur'an 3:46

The following is the relevant excerpt taken from the Arabic Infancy Gospel: 

1. “We find what follows in the book of Joseph the high priest, who lived in the time of Christ. Some say that he is Caiaphas. He has said that Jesus spoke, and, indeed, when He was lying in His cradle said to Mary His mother: I am Jesus, the Son of God, the Logos, whom thou hast brought forth, as the Angel Gabriel announced to thee; and my Father has sent me for the salvation of the world.”

The Arabic Gospel of The Infancy of The Saviour

The parallelism between the Arabic Infancy Gospel and verse 19:29-31 and 3:46 is plainly evident. There are three possible logical reasons behind this: 

The Qur'an has ‘corrected the omission’ of the talking baby Jesus tale from the New Testament. 

The Qur'an has ‘corrected the consigning of the tale to the apocrypha,’ and that the Arabic Infancy Gospel should be included in the canonical New Testament. 

Muhammad heard the story and mistakenly included it in the Qur'an, thinking it to be canonical and not apocryphal. 

The Arabic Infancy Gospel is widely regarded as apocryphal. It is believed to be a seventh century invention and was quite popular among the Nestorians, Manichaeans, and other heretical Gnostic cults. The talking baby Jesus miracle was recorded in the sira as one of the topics discussed by three Christians with Muhammad just before he revealed the relevant verses. Thus, it seems strange that the Qur'an should contain what is clearly an apocryphal story.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Mishael said:

The story of the baby Jesus speaking found in Suras 19:29-31 and 3:46 parallels that in the apocryphal works: 

‏But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live:

Qur'an 19:29-31

And he will speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he will be) one of the good ones.

Qur'an 3:46

The following is the relevant excerpt taken from the Arabic Infancy Gospel: 

1. “We find what follows in the book of Joseph the high priest, who lived in the time of Christ. Some say that he is Caiaphas. He has said that Jesus spoke, and, indeed, when He was lying in His cradle said to Mary His mother: I am Jesus, the Son of God, the Logos, whom thou hast brought forth, as the Angel Gabriel announced to thee; and my Father has sent me for the salvation of the world.”

The Arabic Gospel of The Infancy of The Saviour

The parallelism between the Arabic Infancy Gospel and verse 19:29-31 and 3:46 is plainly evident. There are three possible logical reasons behind this: 

The Qur'an has ‘corrected the omission’ of the talking baby Jesus tale from the New Testament. 

The Qur'an has ‘corrected the consigning of the tale to the apocrypha,’ and that the Arabic Infancy Gospel should be included in the canonical New Testament. 

Muhammad heard the story and mistakenly included it in the Qur'an, thinking it to be canonical and not apocryphal. 

The Arabic Infancy Gospel is widely regarded as apocryphal. It is believed to be a seventh century invention and was quite popular among the Nestorians, Manichaeans, and other heretical Gnostic cults. The talking baby Jesus miracle was recorded in the sira as one of the topics discussed by three Christians with Muhammad just before he revealed the relevant verses. Thus, it seems strange that the Qur'an should contain what is clearly an apocryphal story.

You are clearly ignoring what I said. You did not prove Christianity has not originated from hinduism.

4 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

You are clearly ignoring what I said. You did not prove Christianity has not originated from hinduism.

Christianity had no contact with the Indian subcontinent until a few centuries ago, not to mention Hinduism is an umbrella term for various beliefs and cults of the Indian subcontinent there's no actual religion called Hinduism with defined doctrines, so there practically nothing to really copy from. Religions such as Hinduism and Bhuddism are all about reaching self enlightenment, while Christianity focuses on the next life not this artificial, temporary world. Also you didn't reply to my statement see how you Muslims lie.

Edited by Mishael

2 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Christianity had no contact with the Indian subcontinent until a few centuries ago, not to mention Hinduism is an umbrella term for various beliefs and cults of the Indian subcontinent there's no actual religion called Hinduism with defined doctrines, so there practically nothing to really copy from. Religions such as Hinduism and Bhuddism are all about reaching self enlightenment, while Christianity focuses on the next life not this artificial, temporary world. Also you didn't reply to my statement see how you Muslims lie.

You can write anything. How do I know what you replied is true?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

17 hours ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Agree with you that God can do all things. That includes injustice, stupidity etc.

What I believe is God will not do that which does not fit God and Muslims think that includes having a son

The Old Testament in Isaiah and elsewhere speaks of Jesus being God's Son. Abraham saw Jesus Christ in Genesis 18. The earliest Christians believed in God the Son. The Roman spoke of Him as "a" god

John 8:24 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

The word HE here is supplied for clarity but unnecessarily. As the originals were meant to be read exactly as is, If yet believe not that I AM, (meaning He is caling himself God as that is God's name) ye shall die in your sins.

If you deny that Jesus is God you shall die in your sins.

I have said it before, Muslims deny God could have a son because they mistakenly believe that Christians believe in the Greek myths of God coming down in the flesh and having sex with women. We dont believe in any such silliness. 

John 8:56-58

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

On 18/04/2018 at 7:10 PM, GeorgeTwo said:

What do you think "begotten" means?

The Holy Spirit by His power caused the conception of Jesus -- no sex involved.

Jesus is not like Adam because Adam was created and Jesus was conceived.

Why does your Allah need a wife in order to have a son?

Jesus is like Adam as they were both created by the word be and they came into existence. Already replied too many times for your second point. Please read previous comments

20 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Can you prove Christianity is not inspired by aliens. I heard somewhere it was aliens that revealed the Bible to corrupt humankind. Please prove otherwise

You are sounding a lot like me before Jesus saved me. All the proof in the world will not ever convince people like you. You could have shown me Jesus face to face and I would have blown him off as an alien from Star Trek or something. 

Look it up yourself its easy enough. If you arent afraid of the truth do your own homework

20 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

You can write anything. How do I know what you replied is true?

You can research it, but see how you Muslims lie.

7 minutes ago, Mishael said:

You can research it, but see how you Muslims lie.

Peace. Its frustrating to talk to someone who cant see the truth even if he fell over it but that isnt going to help. Have patience and pray

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

32 minutes ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Jesus is like Adam as they were both created by the word be and they came into existence. Already replied too many times for your second point. Please read previous comments

Jesus is not like Adam.  Adam was created; Jesus was conceived.