• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Using a biased Christian perspective with an agenda to intentionally mislead people about Islam. If you know as much as you claim about Islam, you should be able to see many errors in what they teach on that site. Unless of course you studied Islam online and used many of the fake Islamic sites disguised as true Islamic sites to learn from. Once again, the best way for someone to learn about Islam is to talk to and interact with real Muslims. There is no substitution for that. 

Real Muslims who have no problem distorting their own sources to suit their agenda? Reading from unbiased Islamic sources made me leave Islam:

https://islamqa.info/en

Edited by Mishael
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

32 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Using a biased Christian perspective with an agenda to intentionally mislead people about Islam. If you know as much as you claim about Islam, you should be able to see many errors in what they teach on that site. Unless of course you studied Islam online and used many of the fake Islamic sites disguised as true Islamic sites to learn from. Once again, the best way for someone to learn about Islam is to talk to and interact with real Muslims. There is no substitution for that. 

I studied the Qur'an and continue to do so.  I use Islamic commentaries; have the first biography of Muhammad and use The Reliance of the Traveler for Islamic jurisprudence, and listen to Muslim debates, read their articles on their websites.

I have spoken to many dozens to Muslim over all these years.  I continually read what they claim the Qur'an says with the Qur'an itself.  I ask the same questions of different Muslims to see if I get the same answer. They come to Christian sites with allegations against  Christianity and Jesus, most can be traced to Islamic sites.  If you have ever done what I have done it is easy to see how they intentionally mislead people about Christianity.

Are you a Muslim?

8 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I'm not a Muslim, I am a Christian. 

My knowledge of Islam goes back to the 1980's while in the Military. It was at that time that I had to take courses in Islamic Studies before I was assigned to an Islamic country. I have a copy of the Qur'an here on my desk and even have an app on my phone. I have a fairly thorough understanding of Islam and have read the Qur'an in its entirety many times over since the 80's and when time permits I still take some courses online to continue to increase my knowledge of Islam.   

I am a missionary, and for the past six and a half years I have lived in a Muslim village here in Davao City on the island of Mindanao. In fact I am the only Christian that lives in the ten unit apartment building I am staying in. There's not a day that goes by that I am not in the company of Muslims. My ministry takes me to places like Sta. Barbara in Zamboanga and the island of Basilan. Basilan is predominantly Muslim and at the heart of the terrorism problem here in the Philippines. The town I visit most often is Maluso which is the hometown of the first emir of the Islamic State in southeast Asia. Basilan is also where where the first official ISIS attack took place in the Philippines. I have witnessed first hand what extremism and terrorism carried out in the name of Islam is capable of doing and the affects it has on people's lives. I can say with confidence that those promoting these actions and those carrying them out do not represent true Islam or the followers of Islam. 

Unlike many in the west, my education of Islam did not begin with the events of 9/11 and what has followed. I know the difference between what true Islam teaches and what perverted sects such as Wahhabism do. I also know that most Muslims are honest, compassionate, and caring people just as most Christians are. I have served with Muslims in the past while in the Military, and Muslims keep me safe when I travel to places where terrorist flourish even today. I feel just as confident with a Muslim soldier by my side as I do a Christian soldier. 

There will always be a few Christians and Muslims who make false allegations against each others religions, but they are in the minority. The vast majority of people in this world regardless of their religion just want to live quiet peaceful lives in harmony with their neighbors and this is what both Christianity and Islam teach. 

My education of Islam came when people had already forgot about 9/11, there's also no such thing as Wahhabism it's called Salafism, Salafis take their interpretations from the Quran and Sunnah straight with no add ons, if anything they are the most pure form of Islam, I've lived in a Salafi dominated nation for my whole life, there's nothing that goes on here regarding law without regards to the Quran and Sunnah. There are peaceful Muslims, there's no peaceful Islam neither does Islam teach we are to live peacefully in harmony with each other. Islam commands you to repent and become Muslim, pay the Jizyah in Submission, if you choose none of those then you die. Isis doesn't represent all Muslims or even a quarter of all Muslims, but they do represent Islam 100%.

Edited by Mishael

The pact of Umar: 

The ruler would provide security for the Christian believers who follow the rules of the pact.

Prohibition against building new churches, places of worship, monasteries, monks or a new cell. (Hence it was also forbidden to build new synagogues, although it is known that new synagogues were built after the occupation of the Islam, for example in Jerusalem and Ramle. The law that prohibits to build new synagogues was not new for the Jews, it was applied also during the Byzantines. It was new for the Christians.)

Prohibition against rebuilding destroyed churches, by day or night, in their own neighborhoods or those situated in the quarters of the Muslims.

Prohibition against hanging a cross on the Churches.

Muslims should be allowed to enter Churches (for shelter) in any time, both in day and night.

Obliging the call of prayer by a bell or a kind of Gong (Nakos) to be low in volume.

Prohibition of Christians and Jews against raising their voices at prayer times.

Prohibition against teaching non-Muslim children the Qur'an.

Christians were forbidden to show their religion in public, or to be seen with Christian books or symbols in public, on the roads or in the markets of the Muslims.

Palm Sunday and Easter parades were banned.

Funerals should be conducted quietly.

Prohibition against burying non-Muslim dead near Muslims.

Prohibition against raising a pig next to a Muslims neighbor.

Christian were forbidden to sell Muslims alcoholic beverage.

Christians were forbidden to provide cover or shelter for spies.

Prohibition against telling a lie about Muslims.

Obligation to show deference toward Muslims. If a Muslim wishes to sit, non-Muslim should be rise from his seats and let the Muslim sit.

Prohibition against preaching to Muslims in an attempt to convert them from Islam.

Prohibition against preventing the conversion to Islam of some one who wants to convert.

The appearance of the non-Muslims has to be different from those of the Muslims: Prohibition against wearing Qalansuwa (kind of dome that was used to wear by Bedouin), Bedouin turban (Amamh), Muslims shoes, and Sash to their waists. As to their heads, it was forbidden to comb the hair sidewise as the Muslim custom, and they were forced to cut the hair in the front of the head. Also non-Muslim shall not imitate the Arab-Muslim way of speech nor shall adopt the kunyas (Arabic byname, such as "abu Khattib").

Obligation to identify non-Muslims as such by clipping the heads' forelocks and by always dressing in the same manner, wherever they go, with binding the zunar (a kind of belt) around the waists. Christians to wear blue belts or turbans, Jews to wear yellow belts or turbans, Zoroastrians to wear black belts or turbans, and Samaritans to wear red belts or turbans.

Prohibition against riding animals in the Muslim custom, and prohibition against riding with a saddle.

Prohibition against adopting a Muslim title of honor.

Prohibition against engraving Arabic inscriptions on signet seals.

Prohibition against any possession of weapons.

Non-Muslims must host a Muslim passerby for at least 3 days and feed him.

Non-Muslims prohibited from buying a Muslim prisoner.

Prohibition against taking slaves who have been allotted to Muslims.

Prohibition against non-Muslims to lead, govern or employ Muslims.

If a non-Muslim beats a Muslim, his Dhimmi is removed.

The worship places of non-Muslims must be lower in elevation than the lowest mosque in town.

The houses of non-Muslims must not be taller in elevation than the houses of Muslims.

Umar is respected by all Muslims and was the second Khalifa of the Rashidun Khilafat and is regarded as rightly guided and one of the best Shahaba by Sunni Muslims who make up the majority of Islam. Now tell me if this so called pact is any different from what Isis did to Christians under their authority.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 4/18/2018 at 1:25 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

This is a list of "contradictions" in the bible that OneGod PM'd to me. 

I dont have a lot of time to answer them quickly, not having the internet at home so I thought I'd post the list here. I stopped for the moment at #7 I dont mind continuing on, but its such a long list if anyone wants to help out, be my guest

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 21:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8)
Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

Three months (2 Kings 24:8)
Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8)
Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?

Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)
13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?

Twenty-sixth year  (I Kings 15:33 - 16:8)
Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?

Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)
15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?

Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?

Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?

Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8)
Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?

One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?

Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?

Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?

Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:

29,818 (Ezra)
31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?

Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?

Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?

Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?

Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?

Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?

Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?

Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?

Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)

he's done the same to me, but would not engage me in a public discussion.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:08 PM, OneGodBeliever said:

The question is like Allah says he is not unjust. Can he do injustice? well it's in his power to do so but Allah will never be unjust or have a son because it does not fit God to have a son.

but allah is not God.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:08 PM, OneGodBeliever said:

The question is like Allah says he is not unjust. Can he do injustice? well it's in his power to do so but Allah will never be unjust or have a son because it does not fit God to have a son.

allah has no son, but has THREE DAUGHTERS?

al-lat, al-uzza and manat.

muslim.jpg

5 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

he's done the same to me, but would not engage me in a public discussion.

Same here.

7 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

It has been a mix. While in the military my instructor was from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. The online classes I have been taking in recent years are from Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips and his Online Islamic University which also has a small campus here in Mindanao. So my courses have came from one end of the spectrum to the other. From an Evangelical perspective and from the perspective of a man who has been barred from many countries, including here in the Philippines, for being an extremist.

There has also been life experience through the interaction with countless Muslims from different parts of the world in my travels over the years and my current situation of living in a mainly Muslim neighborhood for the past 6 1/2 years. I have been able to observe the various customs and personalities of Muslims from all walks of life during this time frame of over three decades and this is what has lead me to the conclusion that despite what religion or cultural background one is from, people as a general rule have the same basic values, wants, needs, and goals in life. 

I as a Christian believe that salvation is only found through Jesus Christ and that our life can not be complete without Him, while Muslims do not. Despite this difference and the fact that I believe they also need Jesus, I still have much respect for Muslims and their commitment to their faith. I have also found that the Muslims I have meet and the many I have become good friends with over the years also show a mutual respect for me and my faith as well.

Lol, Bilal Philips has been banned from Dawah in the UK due to inciting extremism and having links to extremist groups. He claims to have been a Christian, but I don't know how one goes from the truth into going into an Arab pagan religion of hate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

17 hours ago, OneGodBeliever said:

Jews also agree with Muslims that Jesus isn't the Messiah and never believed Jesus was God ! I am ready to agree with Jews for both of our claims

17 hours ago, Debp said:

That's true...my friend who was raised as a Muslim says they believe Jesus is the Messiah.

15 hours ago, OneGodBeliever said:

The Jews don't as he brought up the fact that Jews interpret it in such way. Jews are not honest too when it comes to old testament. So what Jews say I don't generally care

I meant my friend who was raised as a Muslim says the MUSLIMS believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Also, re the poster who mentioned beheadings in Mexico.....no such thing is happening!   I live just North of Mexico and would know this.