• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Like God created Adam without a mother and a father, he can create Jesus without a father. Its blasphemy to say God has a son.

Not according to God's Word;

Luke 3:22, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved son; in thee I am well pleased. 

Luke 9:35, And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. 

Not according to their Quran, which is why I asked the question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Roman Catholicism isn't evil and needs to stop being portrayed as such.

That is debatable....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mishael said:

I

Knowingly or not, Muslims today actually worship the PAGAN Moon god. Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia since 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship as far back as 2000 BC. Allah translates "to ascend." Allah is the "fallen one" who wants to ascend into heaven. Allah is another title for Satan, the fallen one. The correct pronunciation of "elohim" is "allah-hay'm." Allah means gods, powers, or angels. In this sense, fallen angels. Allah = Satan. Makes sense why the Muslims who worship him behead infidels instead of loving their enemies as Christ taught. Islam is to do. Persian mythology (astrology) what Catholicism is to Babylonian paganism. That's why the Islamic symbol is the star and the moon. Both occult idols. One for the moon goddess Diana and the other for the sun god Lucifer, the male and female occult deities. The Muslims worship an idol in the shape of a female vagina (fertility symbol) in the form of the Kabba Stone in Mecca. Islam is idolatrous and pagan.

lam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God, not the son of God. Muslims deny the He is Almighty God come in the flesh. (John 1:1-14, I John 4:1,2). They deny that He is divine. (Col 2:9) They deny that He died on the Cross for our sins (Most believe the Judas died in his place). They deny that He rose from the dead. (Matt 26: 28, John 19:20) They deny that He is the final, conclusive revelation of God. (Heb. 1: 1-2)Islam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God, not the son of God. Muslims deny the He is Almighty God come in the flesh. (John 1:1-14, I John 4:1,2). They deny that He is divine. (Col 2:9) They deny that He died on the Cross for our sins (Most believe the Judas died in his place). They deny that He rose from the dead. (Matt 26: 28, John 19:20) They deny that He is the final, conclusive revelation of God. (Heb. 1: 1-2)lam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God, not the son of God. Muslims deny the He is Almighty God come in the flesh. (John 1:1-14, I John 4:1,2). They deny that He is divine. (Col 2:9) They deny that He died on the Cross for our sins (Most believe the Judas died in his place). They deny that He rose from the dead. (Matt 26: 28, John 19:20) They deny that He is the final, conclusive revelation of God. (Heb. 1: 1-2)Islam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God, not the son of God. Muslims deny the He is Almighty God come in the flesh. (John 1:1-14, I John 4:1,2). They deny that He is divine. (Col 2:9) They deny that He died on the Cross for our sins (Most believe the Judas died in his place). They deny that He rose from the dead. (Matt 26: 28, John 19:20) They deny that He is the final, conclusive revelation of God. (Heb. 1: 1-2)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 4/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Badjao33 said:

I'm not a Muslim, I am a Christian. 

My knowledge of Islam goes back to the 1980's while in the Military. It was at that time that I had to take courses in Islamic Studies before I was assigned to an Islamic country. I have a copy of the Qur'an here on my desk and even have an app on my phone. I have a fairly thorough understanding of Islam and have read the Qur'an in its entirety many times over since the 80's and when time permits I still take some courses online to continue to increase my knowledge of Islam.   

I am a missionary, and for the past six and a half years I have lived in a Muslim village here in Davao City on the island of Mindanao. In fact I am the only Christian that lives in the ten unit apartment building I am staying in. There's not a day that goes by that I am not in the company of Muslims. My ministry takes me to places like Sta. Barbara in Zamboanga and the island of Basilan. Basilan is predominantly Muslim and at the heart of the terrorism problem here in the Philippines. The town I visit most often is Maluso which is the hometown of the first emir of the Islamic State in southeast Asia. Basilan is also where where the first official ISIS attack took place in the Philippines. I have witnessed first hand what extremism and terrorism carried out in the name of Islam is capable of doing and the affects it has on people's lives. I can say with confidence that those promoting these actions and those carrying them out do not represent true Islam or the followers of Islam. 

Unlike many in the west, my education of Islam did not begin with the events of 9/11 and what has followed. I know the difference between what true Islam teaches and what perverted sects such as Wahhabism do. I also know that most Muslims are honest, compassionate, and caring people just as most Christians are. I have served with Muslims in the past while in the Military, and Muslims keep me safe when I travel to places where terrorist flourish even today. I feel just as confident with a Muslim soldier by my side as I do a Christian soldier. 

There will always be a few Christians and Muslims who make false allegations against each others religions, but they are in the minority. The vast majority of people in this world regardless of their religion just want to live quiet peaceful lives in harmony with their neighbors and this is what both Christianity and Islam teach. 

Again I am sincerely asking this....

Have you openly preached the Gospel of Christ to your neighbors and others of your area?   I am curious about their reaction to your preaching.  If you haven't yet preached to them, do you think you will receive a negative response?

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

15 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

He doesnt seem too willing to answer to any points I put to him

No. a slap-and-run merchant perhaps.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

9 hours ago, Mishael said:

Roman Catholicism isn't evil and needs to stop being portrayed as such.

Mishael Roman Catholicism is evil and corrupt to the core. It is but a Satanic pagan religious entity with a thin peeling veneer of Christianity slapped on it. Now no one is saying that applies to all who call themselves Catholic, certainly no one is saying that there are no saved Roman Catholics out there but they are people who are Catholic in name only and not truly devoted to the Whore of Babylon. But all who ARE will face the judgment and eternal damnation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

9 hours ago, Mishael said:

I also recommend you read Two Babylons if you havent already. 

3 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Mishael Roman Catholicism is evil and corrupt to the core. It is but a Satanic pagan religious entity with a thin peeling veneer of Christianity slapped on it. Now no one is saying that applies to all who call themselves Catholic, certainly no one is saying that there are no saved Roman Catholics out there but they are people who are Catholic in name only and not truly devoted to the Whore of Babylon. But all who ARE will face the judgment and eternal damnation.

They are Christians just as you are, the whore of Babylon is Mecca not Rome, Satanic would be to deny jess something the Roman Catholic Church doesn't do, there's no evidence the Roman Catholic Church is pagan either, not to mention its past suppression of anything pagan. You do know Catholic means universal it doesn't necessarily have to do with the Church of Rome, I call myself Catholic yet I'm not part of the Church of Rome.

2 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

Since I answered the part about preaching in my previous response, it pretty much answers this question. 

I'm happy to hear that you love Muslims. A lot of Christians in western countries, especially the US, don't show a lot of love towards Muslims and this is yet another stumbling block to the gospel. Whether it's correct to do so or not, many people in the world equate the United States to Christianity, and when they see the amount of bigotry and hatred that exists there, it gives the impression that this is a normal characteristic of Christians as a whole. As an American myself, I have been asked on more than one occasion by Muslims why my fellow Americans hate them so much. It's sad that a country that claims that it's foundation is based on Christianity is even perceived in such a way, but it's understandable why it is by some.

Far too many Christians in the west are worshiping God without actually following Jesus.

Your kind of love seems to extend to the teachings of Islam and Islam itself which is not how we're supposed to love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

Since I answered the part about preaching in my previous response, it pretty much answers this question. 

I'm happy to hear that you love Muslims. A lot of Christians in western countries, especially the US, don't show a lot of love towards Muslims and this is yet another stumbling block to the gospel. Whether it's correct to do so or not, many people in the world equate the United States to Christianity, and when they see the amount of bigotry and hatred that exists there, it gives the impression that this is a normal characteristic of Christians as a whole. As an American myself, I have been asked on more than one occasion by Muslims why my fellow Americans hate them so much. It's sad that a country that claims that it's foundation is based on Christianity is even perceived in such a way, but it's understandable why it is by some.

Far too many Christians in the west are worshiping God without actually following Jesus.

10 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

I apologize for not responding to your questions before now. I see the first one concerning Surah 2:62 has been answered already and the answer that was given was sufficient. 

Have I openly preached the Gospel of Christ to my neighbors and others of my area? I don't have to. There are so many missionaries here in the Philippines "preaching" the gospel it's mind boggling. Every person in this country from the most populous city to the most remote mountaintop has heard the gospel. Most of them many times over. I put preaching in quotations, because that's about all most of the missionaries here are doing. The majority of the missionaries here do not live the gospel. In other words, they talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

For example, when a missionary goes into a poor Muslim community or the slums on the weekend and preaches the gospel, preaches about denying one's self, and preaches how we are to follow Christ and His teachings while at the same time takes selfies with a cell phone that costs more than many of the people in the community make in a year, it doesn't relay the message very well.  During the week these same missionaries live worldly lives. They return to their gated subdivisions in homes that have the latest gadgets, appliances, and big screen TV's out of reach of the very people they claim they are here to serve. They hang out at the beach resorts, the malls, the gym, and drink their coffee every morning at Starbucks. They live the lifestyles of the elite in a country where the average person makes around $150 per month. Those they minister to make far less, many being fortunate to receive $2 a day in wages. 

I'm not talking about all missionaries here of course, but sadly it's the majority. 

Missionaries are not the only problem. This country is predominantly Christian, and unbelievers whether they be Muslim or animistic are the minority. This is a majority Catholic country and I will not go into the debate about Catholics and Christianity, but regardless of one's position on that, Catholics do represent Christianity to the unbelieving world.  

Having been ministered to for centuries, first during Spanish colonization which began in the 1500's to the waves of western Evangelical missionaries we see today, the non-Christians have been resistant to the gospel. One of the biggest obstacles to the gospel today is the lifestyles of the Christians in this country. Once again I will not be describing all, but I will be describing the majority. Muslims in this country know a lot about what the Bible teaches, so when they see Christians drinking alcohol in excess, practicing sexual immorality, women wearing tight fitting clothes and/or short shorts, going to church dressed like they are going to a night club, using foul language, discriminating against Muslims and tribal people, etc... the Christians look hypocritical. 

Why would a Muslim or other unbeliever in this country want to become a Christian when the lifestyles and attitudes of many Christians here go against what they currently believe being obedient to God means? When a pastor or missionary preaches that salvation only comes through Jesus Christ, yet they, along with the majority of other Christians are not following the teachings of Jesus, what kind of message does that send to unbelievers? 

So back to your question, since the gospel has been, and continues to be preached, I prefer to be a personal witness to the gospel by living my life in a Christlike manor and treating others with a Christlike attitude. Everyone I encounter either already knows I'm a Christian or assumes I'm a Christian and for those who may not know, when asked, I tell them that I am a follower of Christ.

The people group I primarily work with in this country are despised by most Filipinos. Some cities round them up and ship them back to the parts of the country they originated from, their rights are often violated, and many business have signs that say they are not allowed in their establishments.

A few years ago I was asked by a woman why I was helping these people after she saw me sitting with a group of them sharing food outside a local restaurant as she was passing by. My answer was "This is what my teacher tells me to do." The woman with a curious look on her face then asked "Who is your teacher?" and I simply answered with "Jesus."  

I will never forget the reaction of that woman once she heard my answer. Tears started flowing down her cheeks and she apologized to me for asking. She told me how as a Christian herself, she was ashamed she even had to ask in the first place. She then said "thank you" and continued on her way. 

There is an old saying that goes like this, “It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.” I'm a firm believer of that statement and rather than "preach" I prefer to let the Holy Spirit do all of the work through me. 

As for the answer to your second question, do I think I would receive a negative response if I preach to them? The answer would be yes if I preach one thing and do another as many missionaries do, or even worse if I condemn those I am preaching to or insult their faith as some missionaries do. As for simply being a follower of Christ and trying my best to live as He expects me to as a witness to others, I have yet to encounter a situation where the outcome has been negative. 

Well, as I told OneGodBeliever in PM's, the USA is a secular nation allowing many different religions including Islam.    True Christians are a minority in the USA!

I also told him that TRUE Christians will try to walk with the Lord in their daily lives and not deliberately sin!  However, no matter how many times I told him this, he kept on and on about Christians...like if they rape and kill will they get punished and he insisted Christians have a free ticket to sin because of Jesus.   I told him I doubt very much that TRUE Christians would rape and kill.   Finally, I got so tired of his putting down my faith in Jesus (he did it in other ways, too), that I told him I wouldn't debate him anymore.

Actually I only pm-ed him to welcome him to the forum....he is the one who started debating me.    But he never listened to what I was saying about TRUE Christians.    His mind was set against us so he wouldn't listen.....even when I was very respectful to him and never said anything bad about his faith.   I told him I thought that revealed something about each of us.   Once I told him I was a senior citizen and that I never married but walked as the Lord taught us, he did finally apologize which I accepted and forgave him.

Edited by Debp