• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Christians in the first century did not celebrate pagan feast days (the love feasts mentioned in the bible were themselves rebuked by the apostles as so many people were being left out that they said its better to eat at home first) and since the title of Pontiff/whatever never originated with Judaism it is a pagan title. And the whole concept of an earthly head of a universal church is also not of Judeo/Christian origin. The true "Vicar" of Christ on earth is the Holy Spirit alone, never a man. 

And as for the Pope Gregory 1 meeting pagans halfway, incorporating pagan practices into the church, goodness man look it up! Why wont you do the work on your own when its plenty easy to find?

http://www.christiandataresources.com/pagancatholicism.htm

http://bibletruth.orgfree.com/articles/MeetPagans.pdf

https://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/sect33.htm

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/holidays2.htm

And as for your comment that the papal mitre itsnt a Dagon fish hat because it doesnt look 100% exactly like a Dagon hat that is pure nitpicking. It is a Dagon fish hat regardless or whether or not it has eyes and fish scales on it

https://in5d.com/why-is-the-popes-mitre-shaped-like-a-fish/

The mitre was evolving throughout history and if was meant to look like dragons hat it would have looked like that in the beginning the mitre went from being flat shaped, to oval shaped, to come shaped, my goodness man I even posted the pictures of mitres for you. Also you can't prove Pope Gregory Actuslly sa that your just quoting from random sites that claim he said that, Christmas isn't pagan it has nothing to do with Ishtar whose cult was clready dead by the time the Catholic Church came along, nor was it copied from Sol Invictus since there's no mention of Sol Invictus having his birthday on December 25. Here's a pictures on the Catholic Mitre for you:

Mitre_evolution.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

5 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Christmas isn't pagan it has nothing to do with Ishtar

You are getting your facts wrong again Ishtar is EASTER/Astarte. And Christmas IS PAGAN which has been proven by centuries of wisdom not to mention HISTORY

And as long as you keep turning a blind eye to the facts about the true pagan origins of the Roman Catholic church you are doing a disservice to those we are trying to get OUT of that evil entity. 

And as for your foolish claim that Gregory never said anything about the Roman Catholic church meeting pagans halfway for goodness sake what kind of proof is good enough for you? I gotta go my library time is up

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

You are getting your facts wrong again Ishtar is EASTER/Astarte. And Christmas IS PAGAN which has been proven by centuries of wisdom not to mention HISTORY

And as long as you keep turning a blind eye to the facts about the true pagan origins of the Roman Catholic church you are doing a disservice to those we are trying to get OUT of that evil entity. 

And as for your foolish claim that Gregory never said anything about the Roman Catholic church meeting pagans halfway for goodness sake what kind of proof is good enough for you? I gotta go my library time is up

Prove it's pagan from history, there's no proof Christmas was pagan that's a common myth I researched it myself. Since no catholic sources state Pope Gregory stating this and when I google it all I get are evangelical sites not one historical source states he said this, kind of proves it's a fabrication.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Mishael said:

A little logic would clue you in that a decorated piece of wood is not idolatry but rather the worship of that object. You could take it father than that and not build wooden homes with these type of verses. This is pure insanity.
Like I said have you seen anyone worshipping their Christmass tree? The simple act of cutting down a tree, working it with tools and covering it with gold is not condemned in Jeremiah  10:1-5 but the making of idols to be worshipped as gods. In Exodus 25:13, the LORD said to Moses, “You shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold.”

The poles were nothing more than to be placed through the rings of the ark and to be used to carry it. Nothing to do with worship.

As for dagon, 

The most prominent form of  worship in Babylon was dedicated to Dagon, later known as Ichthys, or the fish.

In Chaldean times, the head of the church was the representative of Dagon, he was considered to be infallible, and was addressed as ‘Your Holiness’.

Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king. The same powers and the same titles are claimed to this day by the Dalai Lama of Buddhism, and the Pope.

Moreover, the vestments of paganism, the fish mitre and robes of the priests of Dagon are worn by the Catholic bishops, cardinals and popes.

Look here, even Mary get a look in on this one. 

Z 109..jpg

Z 110..jpg

11 hours ago, Debp said:

I think it's a good thing that there is a time of year when ours, and hopefully others, thoughts turn to the birth of Christ.   People are more apt to accept your invitation to go to church around Christmas.    I hear from indigenous missionaries that Hindus and even some Muslims will come for celebrations at Christmas time, where they also hear the Gospel.

Sure Dec 25 isn't the actual date and the word Christmas isn't in the Bible,  but anything that draws the world's attention to Christ each year  is very beneficial in my opinion.   Christ has been removed from society so much, so please allow some of us to celebrate His birth each year.

X -Mas as they call it now, has nothing what so ever to do with the birth of Jesus Christ. The people who have been duped by the Catholic church go to church on Dec. 25 because they believe the tripe they have been fed, just like I also once did. The majority of people I know now usually gather in their homes, having a family get-together, to have a meal, exchange gifts, and I never once have heard the Name of Jesus mentioned, not once, when I attended these family gatherings. By the end of the day the women were gathered together in one part of the house going on about how good they are, while the men at the other get drunk, so drunk in fact their wives have to drive home.

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

The poles were nothing more than to be placed through the rings of the ark and to be used to carry it. Nothing to do with worship.

As for dagon, 

The most prominent form of  worship in Babylon was dedicated to Dagon, later known as Ichthys, or the fish.

In Chaldean times, the head of the church was the representative of Dagon, he was considered to be infallible, and was addressed as ‘Your Holiness’.

Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king. The same powers and the same titles are claimed to this day by the Dalai Lama of Buddhism, and the Pope.

Moreover, the vestments of paganism, the fish mitre and robes of the priests of Dagon are worn by the Catholic bishops, cardinals and popes.

Look here, even Mary get a look in on this one. 

Z 109..jpg

Z 110..jpg

The mitre didn't always look like that, if it wa me wrong to be based on worship of Dagon it would have looked like that from the beginning, honestly your arguments are quite pathetic.

11 minutes ago, Mishael said:

The mitre didn't always look like that, if it wa me wrong to be based on worship of Dagon it would have looked like that from the beginning, honestly your arguments are quite pathetic.

Not as pathetic as your arguments and personal opinions, based on nothing more than, "No. . .  No. . . No. . ."

Dagon Fish God Mitre - Did you ever wonder why the Pope's mitre looks like the head of a fish? What are the origins of this ceremonial hat and what does it truly represent?

Dagon, the fish-god of the Philistines and Babylonians, wore a fish hat that is still seen today with Roman Catholic Church's pope and bishops.

"The miter is derived directly from the miters of the ancient pagan fish-god dagon and the goddess Cybele. The papal miter represents the head of Dagon with an open mouth, which is the reason for the pointed shape and split top."

The most prominent form of worship in Babylon was dedicated to Dagon, later known as Ichthys, or the fish.

Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king.

By any name, this fish-god can be traced back to the genetic manipulation of man by the Anunnaki, as evidenced by Zecharia Sitchin's work.

It is believed that, in the daytime, this deity would emerge from the water and was responsible for teaching art, science and writing to the human race.

The chief priests wore miters shaped like the head of fish, in honor of Dagon, the fish-god, the lord of life - another form of the Tammuz mystery, as developed among Israel's old enemies, the Philistines.

When the chief priest was established in Rome, he took the title Pontifex Maximus, which was imprinted on his miter.

When Julius Caesar (who like all young Roman of good family, was an initiate) had become the head of State, he was elected Pontifex Maximus, and this title was held henceforth by all of the Roman emperors down to Constantine the Great, who was, at one and the same time, head of the church and high priest of the heathen!

The title was afterward conferred upon the bishops of Rome and is today borne by the pope, who is thus declared to be, not the successor of the fisherman-apostle Peter, but the direct successor of the high priest of the Babylonian mysteries and the servant of the fish-god Dagon, for whom he wears, like his idolatrous predecessor, the fisherman's ring.

Many consider the Canaanites to be part of the Philistines who worshipped worshiped, Baal, Astarte or Dagon.

These were some of the early sun-worshipping cultures that have led to many of the metaphors we see in modern religion, e.g. God's son/sun.

Z 111..jpg

Z 112.png

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

X -Mas as they call it now, has nothing what so ever to do with the birth of Jesus Christ. The people who have been duped by the Catholic church go to church on Dec. 25 because they believe the tripe they have been fed, just like I also once did. The majority of people I know now usually gather in their homes, having a family get-together, to have a meal, exchange gifts, and I never once have heard the Name of Jesus mentioned, not once, when I attended these family gatherings. By the end of the day the women were gathered together in one part of the house going on about how good they are, while the men at the other get drunk, so drunk in fact their wives have to drive home.

Well, I don't know if your family members are claiming to be Christians, but the behavior you describe shouldn't be if they are claiming to be followers of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Debp said:

Well, I don't know if your family members are claiming to be Christians, but the behavior you describe shouldn't be if they are claiming to be followers of Christ.

They are outer family members through marriage. Yes, they do claim to know and believe in God but by their actions, speech, and use of God's name without even thinking about what they are saying, which greatly saddens me. I tried everything I could to lead them away from these things and was considered a fool, even was shunned for quite some time. YET, they still celebrate X-mass, huge decorated christmas tree, giving and receiving gifts, and Easter, egg hunts for the children, lots of chocolates no mention of Jesus at any time. Its purely a tradition taught to them by their catholic up bringing and school.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Well, remember what I told him in one of my lasts posts to him. I said God led you here, but not for the reasons he may think. If he thinks God led him here to convince us that Islam is the truth then he may as well leave because he will never convince us that Islam is anything but an evil lie. Sooooo, guess he chose to leave.

He wasnt willing to listen to the other possibility I told him, that God led him here to learn the real truth

OneGodBeliever still comes each day....I always look to see who's been here.  But I guess the thread went into a different direction so maybe he isn't posting.   I would think he is still reading this thread though.    I remember Mishael asking OneGodBeliever about Allah's three daughters and after that, I think OneGodBeliever didn't post anymore.

6 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

They are outer family members through marriage. Yes, they do claim to know and believe in God but by their actions, speech, and use of God's name without even thinking about what they are saying, which greatly saddens me. I tried everything I could to lead them away from these things and was considered a fool, even was shunned for quite some time. YET, they still celebrate X-mass, huge decorated christmas tree, giving and receiving gifts, and Easter, egg hunts for the children, lots of chocolates no mention of Jesus at any time. Its purely a tradition taught to them by their catholic up bringing and school.

I agree that behavior is very sad.   They won't change until they are born again as the Lord said we must be in John chapter 3.   They are secular.  It's still possible some of them will come to know Jesus as their personal Savior, and then be transformed in their lives.   I guess you just have to pray for them and live your own life, walking with the Lord in your daily life.   To me, the Christian life is such a blessing...much better than the ways of the world.

• Thumbs Up 1