Am I working against myself??

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We are convinced that our son's name could be inserted into the scripture when Jesus said, "James, James, satan has asked to sift you but I have prayed for you that your faith will not fail and when you have turned back, encourage your brothers."        An awful situation but apparently, necessary for Jesus to get this young man where he ought to be.  Question:   if Jesus is allowing satan to sift this lad, am I working at cross purposes if I 'm praying the blood of Jesus on him, around him and for him??       My thought is that Jesus will simply set my well intentioned prayers on a shelf for another time if they're not useful now.   Oui?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

When Joseph met his brothers and revealed to them who he was, he said "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."   

Satan entered Judas to betray Jesus, and He was sent to the cross.  But even that was God's plan from the foundation of the world.  

God can use evil for good.  I certainly don't think it is wrong to pray for anyone's salvation, that their hearts be softened and their eyes opened.  

Even the archangel said "The Lord rebuke you".   I am not sure how much power we have against satan himself, but God has all power.  

Jud 1:9  NKJV Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Fasting and prayer is most useful in keeping us humble and helping us to realize our limitations.