• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heart2Soul said:

Thanks for your testimony and I had the same experience years ago about Christianity....I had just got home from church and the sermon convicted me of ANOTHER sin I had committed....(my church taught if you sin after salvation then you are a backslider)...so I went to the front, got prayed for, rededicated my life for the umpteenth time....so when I walked in my house I threw myself on the floor and cried out to God and said I give up...this Christianity thing is just too hard and no matter how hard I try not to sin I mess up.

Well that day God spoke to me for the first time....(LONG story)......and let me know that He was my Father and no matter how many times I mess up He would never stop loving me and that as a loving Father He would correct me and chastise me as needed but that I was His child and it was His job to raise me up into a mature adult in Christ. 

I love my Father!!! I never suffered condemnation again after that....conviction, yes, but not condemnation.

Me likes!!!

He is so good isn’t He. Just love and goodness comes from Him if we will just trust His love for us. It was a blessing to read. Thanks for sharing. 

Much love in Christ? Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Does this ‘no more sinning’ include the good you fail to do?

I keep my heart right before the Lord. Just like when I sinned He would make me to know it. Just the same, when He wants me to do something He makes me to know it. It’s a walk of love between Him and me. Where I know Him and He knows me. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

It's a challenge arriving at and maintaining the right balance of spirit and truth.......and whether we are falling into one ditch or the opposite ditch,  the Lord is able to bring us back to the middle of the road, which is really a picture of being in His Spirit.  People are right to preach not to sin, and we need to fear the Lord, but at the same time it really needs to be preached in a right spirit, and not out of the flesh.  And even if some preach condemnation, it still is really our own accountability if we receive their condemnation, it is something we need to overcome, with God's help.  And something else I glean from scripture is that even though we need to remain in His kindness, under His grace, the bible also says if we judge ourselves we will not be condemned with the world....so we really do right to condemn our own sin, and need to.  We are in a battle.....but one that Jesus has already won for us.....and that is why in all these things the Lord is working it all together for our good, ultimately, for those who love Him.  That is why in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him.....and why His promises are yes and amen.  So we keep carrying our cross and following Jesus who died for us, and do not give up.

Excellent words of wisdom! I have been praying Psalm 51:10 over my life for the past several years and just recently He showed me one of the reasons I didn't have close friends is because I was always "preaching" to them instead of just listening.....and that I compared myself as being closer to God than they were.....so I had "self-righteous pride" in my heart.....not anymore! This past 2 years God has stripped me of every ounce of pride and humbled me to the point that even the beggars and homeless have it better than I do....lol.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

57 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

Excellent words of wisdom! I have been praying Psalm 51:10 over my life for the past several years and just recently He showed me one of the reasons I didn't have close friends is because I was always "preaching" to them instead of just listening.....and that I compared myself as being closer to God than they were.....so I had "self-righteous pride" in my heart.....not anymore! This past 2 years God has stripped me of every ounce of pride and humbled me to the point that even the beggars and homeless have it better than I do....lol.

Me too, I pray that too!  And also "search me and know me oh God and see if there be any wicked way in me" (Ps. 139:23-24).  Around the time I started praying that (can't remember if it was just before or soon after I started), He said to me one morning, "I will thoroughly purge my threshing floor".  I didn't even connect it right away, that He was talking about my heart.  Recently I was repenting of spiritual wickedness, which I couldn't even begin to explain.....but it was a breakthrough, something changed.  He is so exactly true to His word, that when we "confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  When we seek to be holy, as He is holy.....He answers prayers and seeking like that.  Thanks so much for sharing your testimony.

• This is Worthy 1

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

With such an intimate walk, who needs the Scriptures? He tells you everything, no?

It's both Yowm....we need both.  The Word made flesh dwells among us by His Spirit....He is alive, not dead and we have a living relationship with Him.  His sheep know His voice.  But we need to know the written word well and test everything against it and in light of it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hope this doesn't mean that now you are proud of being humble :)

Actually, whenever the Lord does a work in our life, it's a nice feeling of being clean.  And an increase of peace because of getting something right with the Lord.  But no one can boast because it is not of our own.  And expect the work will keep going on until the day we are called Home.  :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

With such an intimate walk, who needs the Scriptures? He tells you everything, no?

Oh my. You're officially first and foremost locked on my praydar. Why would you even attempt to lay a trap or ensnare another brother in Christ who is simply trying to share the joys of his walk with our Lord Jesus? Is it jealousy? Piety? This behavior sure doesn't look like it's coming from a place of love or anything even close. Take some time to reflect on the whole process you took before you posted that. Maybe this is an area in your life that needs to be offered up to our Lord, and learn and love and grow.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

It would be nice to have Him telling me to turn left, turn right, buy this don't buy that...I wouldn't have to walk by faith. 

His Spirit in us speaks to us according to His written word. I have only one time heard His voice audibly. (It is something you never forget and always cherish). I don't buy the notion that He speaks to us apart from His Word, that would be a form of mysticism. This leads to people running around claiming something like, "Hey sis, God told me you are to be my wife" etc.

Right. Because all the times that God spoke to people directly IN THE BIBLE, that was all mysticism, right? Or your own personal experience, stated right there in your post? Are you forgetting that our God is capable of doing whatever He wants, whenever He wants, to anyone at any time? I have never directly heard the voice of God, but I've been touched by heavenly hosts, and was transformed in an instant. My mother recently told me that my grandmother used to have a friend, and from what I understand, to say she was spirit-filled would be an understatement. I wish either of them were still around, because apparently she was the kind of lady who got in her car and without maps or anything else, would solely rely on faith, and managed to accomplish her tasks, time and time again through her unwavering faith in Jesus... without fail. Oh to live that way, yes? Is that mysticism? Or what we all strive towards? My grandfather claimed to have seen fingers grow back on the hand of someone their church was praying over, decades ago... and you know what? I have no reason not to believe them. Our God is amazing, wonderful, all-capable, all powerful, and the same as ever. The Alpha and Omega. The disbelief in modern day miracles, or the notion that somehow we are no longer capable of receiving these as spiritual gifts is absolutely painful. Show me where it says "Dear brothers and sisters, enjoy your spiritual gifts while they last! Your grandkids' kids' aren't getting them!"

Who are WE to diminish the power of God? Why has the modern man stripped God of His amazing glory?

I've been chasing your posts for a week now. I've been praying hard... and have controlled my tongue until now, but as the tone of my message probably conveys, I had to jump out and finally say something.

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but in a week where I was hoping to find some nice, quiet, calm fellowship and true uplifting of brothers and sisters in Christ, it's been marred with dissention and bickering. Yes, my post probably also qualifies now, but just know that I truly do love all of you here and wish for you to grow daily in faith and love through the strength of our Lord Jesus. And you're in my prayers. And yes, they're prayers to God, made available by the sacrifice and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. It saddens me that some (in recent threads) would even question that, and I have to add that as a disclaimer.

So that said... I do agree with you that anyone who says that God has spoken to them, when He hasn't... well............ that's a different matter entirely. I would be scared to death to do that. Truth truly does set us free. There's such a glorious rest in knowing that your own actions and interactions need no second thought, nor can they be used against you. ("web of lies" vs. the "clarity of truth")

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

It would be nice to have Him telling me to turn left, turn right, buy this don't buy that...I wouldn't have to walk by faith. 

His Spirit in us speaks to us according to His written word. I have only one time heard His voice audibly. (It is something you never forget and always cherish). I don't buy the notion that He speaks to us apart from His Word, that would be a form of mysticism. This leads to people running around claiming something like, "Hey sis, God told me you are to be my wife" etc.

But HE DOES DO THIS YOWM.    He is in my conscious .   I do love that you said he speaks to us in his written word . HE DOES .   and its of upmost dire , dire , dire

and dire importance we feast , feast , feast and feast on biblical sound doctrine .    But HE Does guide me yowm,  He is present in all decisions .

Alarm bells always sound when the flesh tries to rise up .   That aint me brother ,  THAT IS HE , HIS SPIRIT warning me .

But again yowm.  You said something of DIRE , DIRE , DIRE , DIRE importance .    And most just heed any spirit , feeling ,  and think OH its must be GOD cause it seems right .

WRONG .   if it contradicts a dot in that bible , IN what JESUS said and made clear and the apostels said and made clear .  YOU SPOT ON , ITS FALSE , and false as can be . 

SO sing that yowm.   

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You get all that out of two small questions. A bit judgmental, aren't we?

Mainly the Prophets, Priests, and Kings He spoke to and then not on a daily basis.The way some talk, it's as is it is all the time. Yes God does whatever He wants when He wants etc.. So?

??LOL. No one is saying miracles don't happen. Miracles are baby food to hopefully wean the child of God onto His Word so he may learn to walk by faith, not sight.

Gee, I'm honored to have a groupee lol. Who is diminishing God's power? I've experienced it and more importantly believe every single miracle as a miracle in Scripture.

Thanks, I need prayer. Just remember, God has set different members in His Body for service...some may not act as you wish.

I have met many who have said "Thus saith the Lord...", when all they are doing is bringing disgrace to His name by saying that which the Lord has not said...it contradicts His Word.

I have met many who have said "Thus saith the Lord...", when all they are doing is bringing disgrace to His name by saying that which the Lord has not said...it contradicts His Word.

A RESOUNDING AMEN on that .   they are EVERYWHERE .    Prophesying of things WHICH GOD said otherwise .

an example .     JESUS said how it would BE , nigh the end , near his coming .

SO if a prohet comes and says alas we will have a great revival ,   you better watch out .   JESUS never said no such thing , WHEN the apostels ASKED HIM POINT blank

LORD , LORD .......................and all  heard him answer was ..........BE NOT DECIEVED for many shall come in MY name

they will have signs and wonders , .

DID JESUS ever say............you will know its near , cause suddenly a great time of an awaking will occur, that the love of many would suddenly BURN BRIGHT

OR did he say THE LOVE OF MANY WILL WAX COLD .      EXACTLY .     JESUS is the one whose prophecy I HEED .   know what I mean.  

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That wasn't the issue of the post I responded to. Yes alarm bells ringing in the conscience as the Holy Spirit brings His Word to our remembrance is one thing but telling us which pants to wear today.nawww, He's not my mother.

Well ,  it was good to be reminded anyway .   You just leap up and praise the LORD .