• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

You get all that out of two small questions. A bit judgmental, aren't we?

Mainly the Prophets, Priests, and Kings He spoke to and then not on a daily basis.The way some talk, it's as is it is all the time. Yes God does whatever He wants when He wants etc.. So?

??LOL. No one is saying miracles don't happen. Miracles are baby food to hopefully wean the child of God onto His Word so he may learn to walk by faith, not sight.

Gee, I'm honored to have a groupee lol. Who is diminishing God's power? I've experienced it and more importantly believe every single miracle as a miracle in Scripture.

Thanks, I need prayer. Just remember, God has set different members in His Body for service...some may not act as you wish.

I have met many who have said "Thus saith the Lord...", when all they are doing is bringing disgrace to His name by saying that which the Lord has not said...it contradicts His Word.

Brother, I can assure you that you have absolutely no groupie in me. But, no offense... my soul and sole allegiance is to Jesus Christ. I am genuinely concerned, however. Please, though, do proceed and explain what you meant regarding your "two small questions", as I found what you said to be truly egregious in any context.

You proclaim: "Encouraging young and struggling Christians to become established in the Faith". Is this really a good example of how to accomplish that?

And if miracles are just "baby food", what solids, may I ask, are you now attempting to choke down? If you are truly walking in faith, you find yourself surrounded by true, undeniable miracles every single day.

When does the time to be defensive for your own ego's sake become the time to truly humble and better yourself for His sake, and for ours? I don't care what you think of me, only how I stand before Him. I don't care how many posts are liked or disliked by my peers, for that isn't my purpose or drive. And on that same note, I don't wish to fight with you, especially since we both claim the same faith and it sets a poor public example, but sir... who gives you authority to question the faith and walk of others when you're not willing to have the same done in return?

You make sin sound like it's always inevitable, even once we're truly saved and freed from it. Yet, I was yanked from the throes of sin, and I haven't looked back. My sailor's tongue? Drowned at sea. My lustful eyes? They no longer desire sin, nor does my fleshy body wish to "take things into my own hands". I used to want a big house, a nice car, and the latest techno gadgets and "things", but what good are they? My eyes aren't fixed on this life anymore. We truly are just sitting in the waiting room.

I've seen you quote out of context "anything that isn't done in faith is sin" as your justification for your unbelief in being free from sin, but how can you say that if you haven't experienced what some of us have? CAN we still sin? Yes. Absolutely. I find myself tempted constantly, but it's the ability that we are given through Him to find the way out that was promised to us that helps us not even attempt to give it a single thought. Total victory. Though I've probably sinned a thousand times by just holding my tongue and not responding to your forum posts in just this past week. You see, I am here not for myself, I have no agenda other than to help. When I was miraculously changed, no one in my life knew what happened. They didn't understand how someone who was so depressed, scared of the world, distraught, selfish and occasionally scheming could now be so full of truth, selflessness, joy and love. And spouting out Bible verses, having conversations about scripture and God and our salvation through Jesus that last for hours on end... 

... and yet here I am. And while I did nothing to deserve this but fall on my knees and cry out for forgiveness and change in total unabashed faith, I wish for ALL of us to have this. We can. We have such a loving God, and His promises are true and complete. I don't wish for recognition, I don't wish to be proven "right", I really don't even wish to continue pressing you about your seemingly sinister motives towards Not me, but I *do* wish for you (and all of the other struggling brothers and sisters) to experience the absolute fall-on-your-face-in-tears-of-joy freedom that we absolutely can have in Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

With such an intimate walk, who needs the Scriptures? He tells you everything, no?

Do you not strive to have intimate personal relationship with Christ? Why  would it surprise you that someone else does also? 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

6 hours ago, naominash said:

First, I absolutely love the idea of striving for perfection and living a sinless life. 

But after reading Galatians, I'm no longer confident that we are meant to be wholly sanctified or without sin in this lifetime, but to instead lean on the imputed righteousness of Christ and trust that He will lead us into righteousness if we surrender to Him. 

Does that mean can't be filled with the Spirit because of a Holy and obedient lifestyle? No. 

Galatians 5:4-6 New International Version (NIV)

4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

If we are supposed to wait for the righteousness through the Spirit, then it can't simply be a matter of obeying, obeying, obeying until we just don't sin anymore. Only the Spirit can help us grow in Holiness so that we are not ruled by sin habitually. 

Grace, of course, is not license to sin. It is the freedom to live by the law of love.

I hope I don't make too many waves here. I'm just trying to navigate with a faulty steering wheel here. 

You obviously have a personal relationship with Christ. If anything I have written gives you pause,  please ignore what I have written. The only thing that is of any value is yours/mine/everybody’s personal relationship with Christ. That is that, which will lead someone into all truth. That intimate one and one communication between a believer and Jesus. 

What I wrote was,  what I had experienced in my walk with Christ. Neither better or worse than anybody else,  but it was and is how the Lord has/is leading me. To the end that we may be all filled with Christ and be conformed to His image. 

2 hours ago, FinallyAlive said:

Brother, I can assure you that you have absolutely no groupie in me. But, no offense... my soul and sole allegiance is to Jesus Christ. I am genuinely concerned, however. Please, though, do proceed and explain what you meant regarding your "two small questions", as I found what you said to be truly egregious in any context.

You proclaim: "Encouraging young and struggling Christians to become established in the Faith". Is this really a good example of how to accomplish that?

And if miracles are just "baby food", what solids, may I ask, are you now attempting to choke down? If you are truly walking in faith, you find yourself surrounded by true, undeniable miracles every single day.

When does the time to be defensive for your own ego's sake become the time to truly humble and better yourself for His sake, and for ours? I don't care what you think of me, only how I stand before Him. I don't care how many posts are liked or disliked by my peers, for that isn't my purpose or drive. And on that same note, I don't wish to fight with you, especially since we both claim the same faith and it sets a poor public example, but sir... who gives you authority to question the faith and walk of others when you're not willing to have the same done in return?

You make sin sound like it's always inevitable, even once we're truly saved and freed from it. Yet, I was yanked from the throes of sin, and I haven't looked back. My sailor's tongue? Drowned at sea. My lustful eyes? They no longer desire sin, nor does my fleshy body wish to "take things into my own hands". I used to want a big house, a nice car, and the latest techno gadgets and "things", but what good are they? My eyes aren't fixed on this life anymore. We truly are just sitting in the waiting room.

I've seen you quote out of context "anything that isn't done in faith is sin" as your justification for your unbelief in being free from sin, but how can you say that if you haven't experienced what some of us have? CAN we still sin? Yes. Absolutely. I find myself tempted constantly, but it's the ability that we are given through Him to find the way out that was promised to us that helps us not even attempt to give it a single thought. Total victory. Though I've probably sinned a thousand times by just holding my tongue and not responding to your forum posts in just this past week. You see, I am here not for myself, I have no agenda other than to help. When I was miraculously changed, no one in my life knew what happened. They didn't understand how someone who was so depressed, scared of the world, distraught, selfish and occasionally scheming could now be so full of truth, selflessness, joy and love. And spouting out Bible verses, having conversations about scripture and God and our salvation through Jesus that last for hours on end... 

... and yet here I am. And while I did nothing to deserve this but fall on my knees and cry out for forgiveness and change in total unabashed faith, I wish for ALL of us to have this. We can. We have such a loving God, and His promises are true and complete. I don't wish for recognition, I don't wish to be proven "right", I really don't even wish to continue pressing you about your seemingly sinister motives towards Not me, but I *do* wish for you (and all of the other struggling brothers and sisters) to experience the absolute fall-on-your-face-in-tears-of-joy freedom that we absolutely can have in Christ.

I have never heard it called “absolute fall-on-your-face-in-tears-of-joy” but it is a very apt description. Blessing to you my brother in Christ. 

• Praise God! 1

32 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes as His Spirit in me opens my understanding to His Word. As He continues to mold and shape me into His image. 

Are you saying since having this 'intimate' relationship the Scriptures are no longer needed? After all, Jesus can personally tell you everything, no?

What are the scriptures?

They are the “written word of God” but they were not crucified on the cross for the sins of the world. That was the “Living Word of God” (Jesus). Did the “written word of God” get raised from the dead three days later? Or was that the Living Word of God (Jesus). Does the written word of God sit at the right Hand of Power in Heaven. Or is that the Living Word of God? 

The propose of the written word of God is to point away from itself to the Living Word of God (Jesus) . The scriptures are a road map to the one who can save, but the scripture can’t save in and of themselves. Only as they point away from themselves to the One who can, that is there purpose and office. To point away from themselves to Christ.

There are people who can quote chapter and verse of the written word of God,  but know very little of the Living Word of God (Jesus). They know all about Him but have no imitate personal relationship with Him. There are others,  that know very little of the written word of God,  but have a Living vibrant relationship with the Living Word of God (Jesus). It is the latter ones that Jesus is looking for. That is way is says in scripture “away with you for I never knew you”

to be know by Him is what’s important. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

These two..."With such an intimate walk, who needs the Scriptures? He tells you everything, no? " Responded by you and Heleadethme, although it was directed to 'NotMe'.

Which example are you speaking of? Correcting error, challenging questionable assertions is an integral part of discipleship.

Read the Exodus or John chap 6 to understand we are to walk by faith not miracles.

ditto, except I don't understand the ego thing.

I'm free from the penalty of sin. If what all you say is true, you should be able to calmly answer my questions. If something offends you about my questioning then report it to the Mods. Simple.

Yes God miraculously transforms each of His children.

Sinister motives? If that is your assessment, fine, God knows my heart.

I never said we were supposed to not walk in faith, but did not even the shadows of Peter heal the sick? And what of Eutychus? (And all of Acts, really...) If you have even the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains. Would that not also be miraculous? What is your goal here? Is it to spar with words? Are you seeking the truth? Or are you acting as the Pharisees did?

I can only speak for myself, so please don't ever judge anyone else on behalf of my actions, (especially since I'm fairly new to a true conversion,) just because I've experienced similar things in my walk. I will always attempt to calmly answer your questions, but as I explained in my earlier post, I could hold back my tongue no longer, in an attempt to defend someone who I would consider innocent, and if I did so in a way that you or others were offended, I whole heartedly and humbly apologize, but I do not back down from the core content of that post. I don't know why you're being singled out in my heart and prayers, but you are. Are those you are in disagreement with also on your heart? Truthfully? All I am asking of you, either publicly or in your heart before God, reveal the motives surrounding Not me in your question. Were you trying to bait him? And if not, what was the purpose of that loaded question? I'd like to know, personally, because you're the most prolific poster this week, according to the forum scoreboard...

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So in short, the answer to my question, "Are you saying since having this 'intimate' relationship the Scriptures are no longer needed?

So your answer is 'yes' , the Scriptures are no longer needed for those who have a 'personal relationship' with Jesus?

Is that what your personal relationship with Christ is telling you I’m saying? If so, once again I’m at a loss for words concerning you. So, I will wish you God’s  love in your life and leave you to the care of God.  

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So in short, the answer to my question, "Are you saying since having this 'intimate' relationship the Scriptures are no longer needed?

So your answer is 'yes' , the Scriptures are no longer needed for those who have a 'personal relationship' with Jesus?

Sorry for joining but I have another perspective if I may be so bold.....how can scriptures no longer be needed? They can't because they are the Living Word of God and without them we would slowly die spiritually....As we study His Word it gets in us and LIVES in us...and if we forget any part that we have received the Holy Spirit will bring it to our remembrance...We are to meditate on His Word day and night, Confess His Word over our lives, Teach His Word to those who are still babes in Christ. Then there is the revelation of His Word that the Holy Spirit gives us....something you've read numerous times will suddenly have meaning on a deeper understanding.....So scriptures are needed....but His Word is In me and is evident in how it CHANGED me. 

Okay, I will humbly bow out....

God Bless!

The scripture’s  purpose and office is just the same as John the Baptist’s. He was not the light, but he was to bare witness to the light. The scripture’s purpose is just the the same. To point to, to give instruction to,  how and where to find the light. But the scripture’s are just pen and paper. They are not the Son of God. Only His instructions of how to find Him.

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

No one ever said the Scriptures were the Son of God, but they are living and without them we would be sitting under the superstitions of the Dark Ages as the Church did before God’s Word was freed to the masses.

1 Peter 1:23-25 NASBS
[23] for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. [24] For, "All FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF, [25] But THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.

Romans 10:14-17 NASBS
[14] How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? [15] How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO bring GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!" [16] However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "Lord, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" [17] So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

What you have written here is good and correct.

As long as you realize that Jesus the Son of the Living God, is also the “Living Word of God” this are two titles that belong to Jesus the Christ, and the “scriptures” are the Written Word of God,  that they are two different things. One is to point to the other. 

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1