Sojourner414

Christian Former Ace Navy Pilot Lands Stricken Airliner

From Foxnews:

The Southwest Airlines pilot who made an emergency landing Tuesday after the jet blew an engine and lost a window at 32,000 feet was one of the first female pilots to fly with the U.S. Navy, The New York Post reported. Tammie Jo Shults, 56, was calm as she navigated the damaged Dallas-bound jet, Flight 1380, to an emergency landing in Philadelphia, the report said.

Of particular note:

Shults, a Christian, once said in an interview that sitting in the captain's chair gave her "the opportunity to witness for Christ on almost every flight."

“Tammie Jo Schults, the pilot came back to speak to each of us personally,” wrote another passenger, cited by the paper. “This is a true American Hero. A huge thank you for her knowledge, guidance and bravery in a traumatic situation. God bless her and all the crew.”  

(more)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/18/former-ace-navy-pilot-id-d-as-hero-who-landed-damaged-southwest-flight-report.html

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Praise the Lord!  GOD had the right ( ex: Navy) pilot flying the right Jet that day to bring it in safely.  Sorry for the lost life of that one passenger- that is a horrendous thing - prayers for her husband and family.   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Similar Content

• By Sharky and George
      My opinion is that as Christian's we should not dismiss trying to find meaning in the dreams that we have as some are from God.

BUT also

We should be very careful to use proper discernment in our interpretation when we do:
      Is it completely biblically sound e.g. the dream may have felt good but was it sin - wrong interpretations may make your heart justify sin when you wake up.* How did it feel? Most likely if it made you feel rough then the dream was of the enemy, a nightmare. Sometimes a warning from God too though. Maybe it is just your brain processing the day if you dream about potatoes if you had a jacket potato for dinner lol.  

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-dream-interpretation.html this IMO is a good bible based website, and this is some useful advice from it:

If it is, prayerfully consider what God would have you do in response to your dream (James 1:5).
      In Scripture, whenever anyone experienced a dream from God, God always made the meaning of the dream clear, whether directly to the person, through an angel, or through another messenger (Genesis 40:5–11; Daniel 2:45; 4:19). When God speaks to us, He makes sure His message is clearly understood.

*I don't think I have been led into sin by a dream but I have been led astray by them before e.g. in a time when I was desperate for a breakthrough, the enemy gave a dream of doing a job that I was not ready for. I tried this job and found I had to leave as it was a massive stress I could cope with. I have been led into big seasons of struggle and confusion as I had put my hope in a dream that was not of God.

Sometimes we should do this:

Hope I have not been too serious, watch out for Nephilim size potatoes running after you with a peeler. 😊

Shalom
    • By joshhmusic
      Hello! Please excuse the long post, hear me out here...
      Let me start with a little backstory so you know where I'm coming from. I produce music (honestly blessed with the talent but I try to stay humble about it), DJ, and I enjoy almost anything with business. Last year I made a decision at a church camp to be open to any career choice that God gives me. Ever since that week, I fell in love with music production (particularly producing and performing electronic dance music). I truly, honestly have faith that this is for my future!
      Now I am at a huge fork in the road within my path with music. Should I pursue a career in secular music or Christian music? (Please hear me out) I have been putting some serious thinking, praying to God, and reading His word for the past half-year but nothing has come of it. Or I just haven't seen it yet. I don't know.
      Concerning a secular music career: I understand that we are called to be separate from the world. But with a secular career, you have a much broader range of people to be your audience. With a much broader range of people following you, you can be a good Christian example in the world to people who are living carnally. A "light in darkness" per se. I believe God has blessed me with the boldness and courage to proclaim to the world that I am not afraid to be a Christian and I am not changing my mind. With a secular music career, you have much more influence over a broader range of people that need it. This is especially the case in the world of live electronic dance music, where a hedonistic lifestyle is extremely prevalent.
      Like I said earlier, I have given careful thought to my next steps, I have prayed countless times over it, and I have consulted the Bible countless times over it. No answer has come of it yet. Or I just haven't seen it. A lot of the advice I've received is to "take the leap of faith and just go for it". However, I have done that with the decision to go all out for a career in being a DJ/producer for God's glory. I can't apply that to this fork in the road because I don't know which one to just "go for". I've been seriously, madly confused about this for months and I want to know which way God wants me to go. Any advice at all is so, so much appreciated.
       Thank you so much for your time, and have a blessed day.

• By John_Leung
      Hello everyone,
      My name is John Leung from Vancouver, Canada.  I joined this forum website to connect with fellow Christians.
      By God's grace, mercy, and love, I became a Christian in 2006, when I had lost hope in my life and future.  At 24, I struggled in college and couldn't decide on a career path.  I hated the society as much as myself.
      Since I believed in God, I have been well-loved and deeply appreciated by His family. I also realized that I am a worthy and valuable person, and a precious creation of God.  Since last year (2017), I have been sharing my experience in God through writing short-stories, novels, and blog posts to give fellow Christians faith and hope in their lives.
      I believe joining this forum serves a purpose, and I'm looking forward to get to know you and pursue God together.
      Blessings and faith on!
      John Leung

• By Drew54
      Well, I am fairly new here as I joined 3 days ago I believe. I have met many new wonderful friends in this ministry and I feel totally blessed that I found Worthy Ministries.  
      I am a Christian for 37 years now and I love my Lord and Savior and I just needed to find something other than Facebook to spend time away from all the political division within the country and focus more time with others that are of the same faith and interests as I am.  I do realize that there is much to learn about this website and how to interact, but I am quite excited about getting to know others and praying for others in need. Thank you so much!
    • By NewBeliever
      Hi all God bless, im a new secret convert from the "religion of peace". I live in one of the most dangerous countries for new converts, Iv accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I cant but believe. I feel blessed after believing and repenting. Iv accepted the Lord Jesus my only way and I read the Holy Bible but I cant get baptized. Its almost impossible here. Do I have to get baptized to complete my faith? also I dont know about different denominations, I dont have good knowledge about them where should I start? sorry if I bothered you but I need to talk to Christian brothers and sisters as I cant talk about anything here in this country im living in.