• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Goldie said:

He was created by God was he not? Thus, he was indeed a child of God! 

A dog was created by God. As was a squirrel. Are they also children of God? 

Faulty logic. You should show scripture in support of your view. 

The bible praises the bereans because they searched the scriptures to verify what the apostle paul was telling them. Learn from that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Goldie said:

Back to post a true source for what the pope said:

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/04/16/is-my-dad-in-heaven-little-boy-asks-pope/

After circling a massive, crumbling public housing complex on the outskirts of Rome, Pope Francis had an emotional encounter with the neighbourhood’s children.

Question-and-answer sessions with youngsters are a standard part of Pope Francis’ parish visits. And, at St Paul of the Cross parish on April 15, there were the usual questions like, “How did you feel when you were elected Pope?”

But then it was Emanuele’s turn. The young boy smiled at the pope as he approached the microphone. But then froze. “I can’t do it,” Emanuele said.

Mgr Leonardo Sapienza, a papal aide, encouraged the boy, but he kept saying, “I can’t.”

“Come, come to me, Emanuele,” the Pope said. “Come and whisper it in my ear.”

Msgr. Sapienza helped the boy up to the platform where the pope was seated. Emanuele was sobbing by that point, and Pope Francis enveloped him in a big embrace, patting his head and speaking softly to him.

With their heads touching, the Pope and the boy spoke privately to each other before Emanuele returned to his seat.

“If only we could all cry like Emanuele when we have an ache in our hearts like he has,” the Pope told the children. “He was crying for his father and had the courage to do it in front of us because in his heart there is love for his father.”

Pope Francis said he had asked Emanuele if he could share the boy’s question and the boy agreed. “‘A little while ago my father passed away. He was a nonbeliever, but he had all four of his children baptised. He was a good man. Is dad in heaven?'”

“How beautiful to hear a son say of his father, ‘He was good,'” the Pope told the children. “And what a beautiful witness of a son who inherited the strength of his father, who had the courage to cry in front of all of us. If that man was able to make his children like that, then it’s true, he was a good man. He was a good man.

“That man did not have the gift of faith, he wasn’t a believer, but he had his children baptised. He had a good heart,” Pope Francis said.

“God is the one who says who goes to heaven,” the Pope explained.

The next step in answering Emanuele’s question, he said, would be to think about what God is like and, especially, what kind of heart God has. “What do you think? A father’s heart. God has a dad’s heart. And with a dad who was not a believer, but who baptised his children and gave them that bravura, do you think God would be able to leave him far from himself?”

“Does God abandon his children?” the Pope asked. “Does God abandon his children when they are good?”

The children shouted, “No.”

Nowhere does the Pope tell the child that his dad is going heaven!

You skipped the rest of it, where the pope says and there is your answer. 

The pope did indeed tell the child his dad was in heaven. 

The pope said that God decides who goes to heaven, and that God has “the heart of a father.” He asked the young girls and boys in the audience if they thought God would abandon a father like Emanuele’s, who was a good man.

“No,” the children shouted back.

“There, Emanuele, that is the answer,” the pope said, according to a translation provided by the Catholic News Service. “God surely was proud of your father, because it is easier as a believer to baptize your children than to baptize them when you are not a believer. Surely this pleased God very much.”

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Read what the Pope said. He did NOT say the boys father was in heaven.

This thread is about Catholic bashing and thats that!

Definitely out of here now! 

I did not start this thread to bash catholics. I started it because the pope is peddling a false gospel, one in which unbelievers get to go to heaven. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

This is a very shallow judgement. 

James said ; Show your faith by your actions, and that what this man did. He show his faith in Jesus Christ by baptizing his children in the name of Jesus Christ. 

In the name of the Father the Son , and the Holy Ghost. 

He was not a practising catholic, or maybe a not the best if citizens, does that realy mater.

He pass the judgement of faith, the works follows. 

Or if he judge for his works while he leaved, some aproval, and some disapproval. 

Any way , no one asked the boy why he thinks his father was an unbeilever, no one question his understanding, it sure it may be influenced by the Catholic teaching,   if you are good God likes good people, and if you are bad, The devil takes bad people. 

The pope should follow the Catholic tradition and inquiry if the father was baptized Catholic, and tell the boy that they will pray for him , for his sins.

Maybe the boy that what he wanted to , ask the pope to pray for his Father.

That God will forgive him.

It seems that the boy understand better for the pope, looking for forgiveness of sins.

An added point of view. 

Maybe the pope was right that the father went to Heaven, because of his faith in Jesus Christ, 

And not for the pope's point of view. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/19/2018 at 5:55 AM, Butero said:

It would seem like this Pope is so apostate, members of the RCC would start to question their own beliefs.

It is a good thing he is being openly apostate..That means the catholic religion is now less able to deceive people into thinking it is Christian..  That will hopefully mean that a lot more catholics now trapped in that false religion will lose their trust in it and seek anew and find the love of the truth which is the true Gospel of the LORD Jesus Christ.... 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Davida said:

I so hope you are right. I've given my mother in law the gospel several times but she looks blank...like huh? as it doesn't compute, because the Gospel is too simple. It is a whole cultural tradition thing she is latched to. She thinks mary, the saints, the Pope & priests are "holy" and they are the life line to God & guarantee of heaven, Jesus is just some side-dressing.    

Yes you are correct.. Some are so locked into that false bondage they are incapable and unwilling to even consider it to be false..  I come from a catholic family so i understand how it is.. My dad is like your mother in law.. 

But still there are always people in the catholic church questioning in their minds if what they are being told is the truth or not,, I was one of them,, And the more the catholic religion shows itself to be in rebellion against the Holy Bible the easier it is for those to make the break and liberate themselves from deception..  I have no doubt that the catholic church would be reduced by 1/3rd if catholics did the simple thing of reading the Gospels .. I never picked up a Bible until i was past 20 years of age..  I had not yet finished reading it and i had already renounced the catholic religion..

• Praise God! 2

Guest Butero
30 minutes ago, Adstar said:

It is a good thing he is being openly apostate..That means the catholic religion is now less able to deceive people into thinking it is Christian..  That will hopefully mean that a lot more catholics now trapped in that false religion will lose their trust in it and seek anew and find the love of the truth which is the true Gospel of the LORD Jesus Christ.... 

That is what I am hoping for Adstar.  I want them to see how bad this Pope is, and how false his teachings are to the point where many abandon the false teachings of the Catholic Church.  My Grandparents were Catholic, and I was baptized in a Catholic Church as a baby, but I have no memory of the RCC because my parents left it when I  was 2 years old and joined a United Methodist Church.  My Grandparents remained Catholic till their death.  I remember witnessing to my Grandmother once, but she said she was happy with her religion, and didn't know where her family went wrong in leaving the RCC.  I will never forget her funeral, it was so cult like with "Hail Mary" chants.  

I have read the Bible through so many times I lost count, but over the years, I have looked into the RCC and other religions.  I can listen to Mass from St. Patrick's Cathedral on my xm radio, and did faithfully for a time, but I could easily see they were in error.  It is like you said in your other post, if they actually took the time to read the Bible, they would see how wrong their church is.  Mary was a special lady, blessed of God, and chosen to be the Mother of Christ, but she is still just a woman.  She is not a deity.  We are never instructed to pray to her as a mediator between us and Christ.  We are never instructed to go to departed saints as a mediator between us and the Lord.  We are not instructed to go to a Priest to be a mediator between us and Christ.  We are able to go boldly into the throne room ourselves and speak to the Lord directly.  The fact they feel they need a mediator shows they feel they aren't clean enough to enter God's presence.  They know on the inside their spiritual garments are dirty, and if they were washed in the blood of the lamb, they would recognize they were made clean.  It is such a deception.  

47 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Something similar I had in mind, that the counsil of the cardinals will begin to question the Pope,s memory, whether or not begins to show signs of degenerative memory illness. 

The Catholics believe that salvation is throuth the church, with faith in Jesus Christ, express by participating in the tenants , such as confession and then communion for those who have been baptized.and prayers for the dead........

Making the Catholics clean and good before they die.

Jesus said to good people, the most and only clean people, even having the righteousness of the Law, if you do not believe in me , your holiness cannot saved you.

If you don't repent from your unbelief in me you will die in your sins, you will be perished. 

We examples of Jesus Christ never asking the people do you want me to forgive your sins? 

Are you ok with that, and when he forgave the sins of someone , maybe the person still had doubts and did not accept it, people in that culture they will tell him where is the sacrifice, and Jesus is not a priest and we are not in the Temple in frond of the Lord. 

Jesus never asked the thief do you accept it that I just made you a righteous person.

It does matter for the person and others how they perceived spiritual truths, but not for Jesus, he alone sits on the Throne and he alone is the Judge , not the people, not the children, 

I would like to say the Pope, but he asked the children for guidance to be the judges in this case, and to considered only one thing, if the person had some goodness, and to ignore the mischievous doing of the person, 

According to him Jesus has died for limited application only for this life, just replacing the Idols. 

Pope whether he understood it or not, he has denied that Jesus is the Judge if all, he has made goodness and everyone's understanding the judges of these matters, sitting them on the Throne or the Judging sit if Jesus CHRIST, when they know that Jesus is the way to Heaven,  he has the keyes of Hell, he can tell who has denied to believe in him, and who is not, 

He does not need the witness of the Pope and or the children, but not the boys, who was not asked why he had formed this opinion about his Father, but he was forch to agree with the Pope's opinion, he put his words in the childrens mouths.

He was the Pope after all. 

Jesus was not with the Pope when he gave this answer.

What he is going to do "burn us on the stick", ? 

The Pope needs to repent 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

Why you don't believe that the Pope needs to repent, that the truth it is , the most important that not we , not done according to our own understand ing in this matter, but according to Jesus CHRIST understand ing, he is the Judge.

We may be all be judges here on  earth, but the time will come that we will bow down to him and his judgment,

Whether here on earth, and if not then  in Heaven. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Davida said:

Oh Puhleeze.   The Pope lied.  "Does God abandon his children?” the Pope asked. “Does God abandon his children when they are good?”   

He as much as told the boy an out an out lie and the Pope also slanders the LORD GOD because he is as much as rebuking the Gospel of Jesus saying if GOD sends people  to hell who are "good" by world standards then God is a bad Father because the 'good ' father sends His children to heaven when they are "good".  The Pope tries to render Jesus sacrifice on the cross useless. It is blasphemy.  Why does the Pope always pit himself against the Bible and the gospel of Jesus?  Our works has nothing to do with being saved from our sins. All false religions and false Christianity claims that faith plus works saves us and that is a lie.

Sister .  what I say next you ALREADY know .    IF we read what the pope said ,   With no doubt HE is implying that man IS in heaven.  

Its the idea they plant .     But they do so in a way, to cover counter attacks .    The message is meant for us to believe that man IS SAVED.

presented in a way that they can also defend their stance ,  keep their own base and build a bigger following tooo at the same time .

And its not a new approach.   Look at how rick warren Got the Koran into churches.   its how the allure and deceive.  they never fully come out and say it

but they ALLUDE to the idea .   an example if I believed we all worshipped the same God ,  but my base don't believe that ,   I aint going to just outright say it

I will drop hints ,  but only enough so I can cover my tracks with rebuttals by saying I NEVER SAID THAT ,   even though I IMPLIED IT .

SEE WHAT THEY DOING .   They already , the pope and many already have PRECONCIEVED BELIEFS,  but they never come outright and just say it

instead they plant SUGGESTIONS , and in time they bring more , and more and more .